Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Position to Control On Defense

Go down 
+5
EggzOverEazy
brazil
62YSailUnion
jsmall28
mystainsane
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mystainsane
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Position to Control On Defense Empty
PostSubject: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-26, 17:58

I've been playing madden for a while but I want to up my defense. I've always just taken control of a DE or DT but I was wondering what position you should control when you're in zone defense. Should it be a LB or maybe a Safety? Just seeing people's opinion on what position they control best. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-26, 18:29

i find that the CPU is a lot better than keeping zones than an actual player (if they have high awareness). if you notice a play or route that your opponent is continually going to though, i suggest controlling a zone defender and cutting it off. be careful, though, if you stray too far out of your zone, you could give up a huge play. i usually control a DE, i find that a person can get much better pressure with them than the AI.
Back to top Go down
62YSailUnion
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
62YSailUnion

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-26, 18:33

i use a lb works for me though
Back to top Go down
mystainsane
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-26, 18:48

SailUnion, when you use the LB, are you covering the zone or using him to blitz the QB/follow the RB if you believe its a run play or just use him to see what is happening with the offense and respond accordingly?
Back to top Go down
62YSailUnion
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
62YSailUnion

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-26, 18:53

i usually sit in a yellow zone and then see what my opponent does and adjust accordingly.

once and a while i will use a de if my opponent throws to the flats all the time and guard

the flats.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-26, 19:02

It is not as important who you control as it is knowing what his assignment is and not taking him out of the play.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-26, 19:12

it all depends for me really. if im not sure what my opponent is running, i like to use my MLB in a yellow zone to protect the middle of the field and against the run, because i have good user pursuit. but i also like to user an OLB or a CB thats in a flat zone, because if it turns out no one is running a route in the flats, i can use that guy instead of letting him go to waste defending an empty zone.

oh, and if i know a guy is gonna run, or im fairly confident he is gonna run, i like to user a safety so i can really get the run support their. so ill user the SS in a cover 3 because i like to stay in the yellow zone, or maybe the FS in a cover 1, because i like to protect the middle of the field, too.
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-27, 11:24

mystainsane wrote:
I've been playing madden for a while but I want to up my defense. I've always just taken control of a DE or DT but I was wondering what position you should control when you're in zone defense. Should it be a LB or maybe a Safety? Just seeing people's opinion on what position they control best. Thanks in advance.
if u have great user skills like me, keep controlling ur dt. when i call max coverage i back my dt off of the line of scrimmage and play in coverage wit him. i knw ur thinkin that a dt is 2 slow but if u pay attention to where a receiver is goin u can beat him 2 his spot. ive gotten user picks wit casey hampton, albert haynesworth, and jamal williams.
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-27, 16:42

brazil wrote:
It is not as important who you control as it is knowing what his assignment is and not taking him out of the play.

^^^^ so true! i've manually controlled a defender and blitzed with him rather than leaving him in his assigned zoned coverage. gee, i wonder what hole in my defense he threw too after that happened...lol
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-27, 16:45

i user the SS or the MLB...
Back to top Go down
DanieI
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty2009-08-27, 18:32

I control the line backers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Position to Control On Defense   Position to Control On Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Position to Control On Defense
Page 1 of 1