Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!

Go down 
+4
Madden's Finest 200
I OWn You
prolific333
nastydog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nastydog
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty
PostSubject: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-26, 23:45

This dog gone play is making want to quit Madden! I run 3-4 defense and in real life something from this D should stop it, I refuse to use Quarters D to stop a run, any help Please guys?! I'll even use nickel, I use KC defense PB. Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
prolific333
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 00:18

email me at travisstewart@live.com and i will give you a few plays to shut that down easily i labbed them against chris johnson
Back to top Go down
http://www.prolificmaddentips.webs.com
prolific333
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 00:35

by the way so u dont have to switch playbooks i pulled them out of the 3-4 defense
Back to top Go down
http://www.prolificmaddentips.webs.com
nastydog
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 04:49

Prolific333, I sent that email. Man I can't wait for your response. Thanks a bunch for replying.
Back to top Go down
I OWn You
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 10:11

THIS PLAY STOPS ALL RUNS!

3-4 Normal - Pinch

SETUP

1. Bump and Run coverage
2. Pinch Line
3. Take Left inside linebacker (on screen) and put him between your DT and RE (left of screen)
4. Take your right inside linebacker and control him and take him wherever the run goes to and bam loss of 1.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 15:19

Subject: some plays to help slow down the flats........ off tackle, screens Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:28 pm
Flats
1. Dollar cover 2. Press Coverage. I dunno why they guard the flats properly on this play, but they do. I would show blitz so they won't be so quick to run, and i would recommend getting pressure by turbo blitzing, or something, because the coverage on this play will break down. It serves its purpose which is to shut down the flats though.
2. Dollar strike 2 spy. Why this works: It gets outside heat so when they roll out to hit the flats they have to throw it hot , and the corners are in their blue zones for the pick. You must get outside heat to cut them from rolling out, because if they can't roll out then your corner will stay in his flat zone.
3. Dollar cover 2 sink. Put a person in a contain and the hook zone covers it really well.

Off tackle: Monster green out of Nickel Odd-Split.
Steps
1. Reblitz both front DTs
2. Reblitz both MLBs and place them in the gap between both of the DTS.
3. Place the linebacker on the far right that is blitzing on a contain. In a goaline formation he is on the line lined over the far TE. (to help make it more clear)
4. User it with your safety.
Note: This works vs all off-tackle plays, including goaline. Must have good stick skills though

Screens: Nickel Odd-split
I run monster 3
1. I reblitz both DTs
2. Reblitz both MLBs and place the, in between both DTS.
3. Put the DE on the screen side on a contain. (So if they're doing a screen to the right, then put the DE on the right side of your screen in a contain.)
4. The nano should get there and then the person throws the screen and the guy in a contain should pick it.
Special thanks to: Chris. Him and I spend a whole lot of time in the lab together to help make these plays. The monster green should work every time. You just have to shoot the gap with your safety and it should be an easy hit stick.

Last edited by I'm da ish in madden on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Credit goes to crazyblack:
Another off tackle stopper. I labbed it this morning, and it stops goaline off-tackle.
46 Inside blitz
1. Spread your line
2. Globally blitz all LBS.
3. Make the far end on the side the run is going to do a contain.
4. Pinch your LBS.
5. Hit stick the ball-carrier with your safety.
Note: It should be a HUGE gap for your safety to shoot through. there you guys go. I should not see anymore threads about stopping goaline-off tackle. Crazyblack, Chrisc, and I gave you 2 plays to handle it.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 22:38

isnt 46 inside an a gap blitz and off tackle a b/c gap run? if so, once you beat contain, youre gone
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 22:51

I've never had extreme difficulty stopping this play nor do I have consistant ridiculous success running it. It's a really nice play don't get me wrong but it's not the kind of thing that you can get away with running more than 3 or 4 times a game against anyone who is good.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 23:00

Oldstalecheetos wrote:
isnt 46 inside an a gap blitz and off tackle a b/c gap run? if so, once you beat contain, youre gone
Wrong. If you have good user skills then it will blow it up every time.
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 23:00

i have this same problem
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-27, 23:08

well, the kids on here dont have that great of user skills which is why they ask for help, so wrong on you, they need theory and playcalling which is what they ask for... its the difference between a good and a great madden player, stick skills only work if you know what youre doing first...
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-28, 00:10

Oldstalecheetos wrote:
well, the kids on here dont have that great of user skills which is why they ask for help, so wrong on you, they need theory and playcalling which is what they ask for... its the difference between a good and a great madden player, stick skills only work if you know what youre doing first...
The A gap heat, and the contain open up a huge hole for the safety to shoot in and hitstick the ball-carrier. You don't need to have great stick skills, because a hole opens up for the hitstick.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-28, 00:11

In these situations, positioning is more important than playcalling, I'm not sure there is one correct answer as to how to stop this play, but almost any run play can be stopped with only 4 people rushing.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-28, 09:10

positioning is part of playcalling, you call a play to be run a certain way... either way, i believe neither of us are wrong really, but this all does go together
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty2009-12-28, 16:12

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
In these situations, positioning is more important than playcalling, I'm not sure there is one correct answer as to how to stop this play, but almost any run play can be stopped with only 4 people rushing.

yes, i agree, almost and run play can be stopped with 4 people but you have to know how to hot route blitzes and your line tha correctly counters the run play....also usering is a big part of successfully shutting down the run
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!   Strong Close Off Tackle Defense! Empty

Back to top Go down

Strong Close Off Tackle Defense!
Page 1 of 1