Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Flats need to fixed, help stopping them

Go down 
+2
o Cpt ViDeO o
bairjord
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bairjord
New MS Member
New MS Member
bairjord

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty
PostSubject: Flats need to fixed, help stopping them   Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty2009-12-25, 00:50

I've had enough of the issues with the flats. I just got beat by a guy who did nothing but flood the wide side and have a screen on the back side. I was play 3-3-5 cover 3 with the backside de on contain, the dt on qb spy then I would user cover the flats with the other de. It was frustrting because I had 2 players in the flats and he would either hit the flats run with the qb as he rolled out or throw back to the screen. This guy literally ran this the whole game. In my opinion ppl who play like this ruin online gaming. I'm guessin there will be someone who says that he should keep runnin it til I stop it but rly come on that's anyone could do that bullshit. Anyway, wat dou guys think, any tips or just comments I'd appreciate. Despite all this I only lost 18-21 cause desean fumbled at the end
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Flats need to fixed, help stopping them   Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty2009-12-29, 05:59

There's a perfect Defense for every offense you just have to find it, look through all you plays that cover flats and see what plays cover the flats best.

The cover 3 out of the 3-3-5 you ran had flat coverage, but the flat coverage come from the inside where as the outside DB would be better in flat coverage.

When I play guys like that I use lots of contains, and lots of man zone coverage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Flats need to fixed, help stopping them   Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty2009-12-29, 07:53

lik Cpt Video said u want to run a play that covers the flats with the person closest to the sidelines lik an outside backer in a 3-4 and 4-3 or a db in a nickel dime or quarters...dont run cover 2 that much though cause u can get beat deep
Back to top Go down
jordo2323
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Flats need to fixed, help stopping them   Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty2010-01-05, 13:32

Use a pattern where cornerbacks bump and go into zone, like the cover 2.

If this doesn't work sometimes a cover3 will do the trick or zone flats. Stay away from man coverage.
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Flats need to fixed, help stopping them   Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty2010-01-05, 18:17

Cover 2 or Cover 3 and put both DE's in contain. User your FS. It will shut down the flats. Or user your LB on the side he dumps it out to and blitz when you need to blitz or defend the screen when he does that.

The s*** I hate is when people run WR screens and they break like 4 tackles for TD's. I mean, I know its coming and I still can't stop it. Complete BS...
Back to top Go down
Akademiks
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Flats need to fixed, help stopping them   Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty2010-01-07, 17:34

once I hear flats I think cover 3..pretty easy after that.. and if they have a little annoyin thing where they throw in pockets of the zone that no one gets to before the pass.. user a person there.. interception/big play good game.. laugh at him.. and kick ur foot up for ur next offensive possesion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flats need to fixed, help stopping them   Flats need to fixed, help stopping them Empty

Back to top Go down

Flats need to fixed, help stopping them
Page 1 of 1