Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Shutting down the counter

Go down 
+3
AshBlackstone
Celtic_Shield
Mcnair2Wycheck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Shutting down the counter Empty
PostSubject: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-15, 21:07

I don't get dominated by the counter but I have a hard time stopping it consistantly even when I know it's coming. Any tips would be appreciated. I use the 46 book BTW.
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-15, 21:16

What formation are they running the counter out of? If its any singleback form, the 46 bear sam snake nano would kill it, otherwise an outside linebacker blitz would also stop it. If you expect they are doing it, a blitz will mess up the leadblock if its the fb, then you will stuff it.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-15, 21:32

Would adjusting the OLB to blitz at the line of scrimmage work fine? Instead of specifically calling a blitz at the play call screen.
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-15, 21:42

ya should be fine, as long as you make sure you know which way they are running could even put a de in a flat in the direction too
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-16, 01:15

If you're expecting it, Rush Outside with the DE's in contain, user the safety.

That's how I stop it. The counter has never really given me trouble. I probably have the most issues with toss plays from spread formations.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-16, 04:27

naw wat u do is put someone in the spot where the guard moves away from he and he blows the play uppppppppppppppppppppp or u can go outside but if u can penetrate when that guard moves if u have a fast enough guy the play dies quickly
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-16, 04:43

oh now that i read it basically wat celtic said
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-16, 17:37

46 Outside blitz, flip to side they are running too/crash line that way
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2009-12-17, 03:26

outside blitz to the counter side or if you can get good heat wit ur MLB its easier to just blow it up in the middle with him
Back to top Go down
jordo2323
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty2010-01-05, 13:38

The counter is a misdirection run that's supposed to throw off a run blitz. Play cover-1 or cover-2 man under to beat the counter and make sure to bump the receivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shutting down the counter   Shutting down the counter Empty

Back to top Go down

Shutting down the counter
Page 1 of 1