Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?

Go down 
+9
claytops
s0liddy
Baseballa
pkismyname
Oldstalecheetos
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Mcnair2Wycheck
doozie821
AshBlackstone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty
PostSubject: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 15:10

I do not, because I don't believe in quitting. You take your beating like a man.

I don't ask for mercy the few times I'm getting my a$$ kicked. I take my beating like a man, and use it as an opportunity to learn something.

My impression of someone who is asking for mercy is this....

"WAAAAH, I'M LOSING AND I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE!"
Back to top Go down
doozie821
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 17:52

just grant it... it's a waste of time to keep playing a game that's basically decided IMO
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 18:18

Always, just a waste of my time to keep playing a game that's over. I'd rather just move on to another game or do something else if I don't plan to play another.
Back to top Go down
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 18:46

i grant mercys, but i dont accept them. i let them run up the score to try and block their PAT to get me the **** outa there
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 18:56

AshBlackstone wrote:
I do not, because I don't believe in quitting. You take your beating like a man.

I don't ask for mercy the few times I'm getting my a$$ kicked. I take my beating like a man, and use it as an opportunity to learn something.

My impression of someone who is asking for mercy is this....

"WAAAAH, I'M LOSING AND I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE!"

my impression of you is "im a classless raging douchebag that loves running the score up on some kid whos clearly not as good as me... i have a big dick now..."

douche
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 18:58

Yes Yes YES

Why would I waste my time even more.
I really hate when people quit because who the **** wants to face the boring as cpu for 45 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 19:13

Id rather them mercy than just flat out quit.. I grant it everytime.
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 19:41

LOL wtf? Why run up the score on a fucking video game if they want mercy? Take a beating like a man huh, that's funny. I don't know of any men including myself that would deem that reasonable.
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 20:03

Always. I feel bad sometimes when I'm beating the crap outta someone that is clearly not as good and is obviously just trying as hard as they can...
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 20:23

I grant it to people and in return I hope they grant it to me.

If people do not accept it, I be a total asshole to them and run up the score or randomly go offsides etc.
Back to top Go down
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 20:35

If I had a highlight that I want to upload then I won't accept it. Otherwise, I'll grant mercy everytime. If you run offsides when someone doesnt grant you mercy then you are a C U N T and are wasting even more of your time cause you won't let him run the clock out.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 20:50

everytime, becuase i hate it when kids have to paly the whole game when there getting dominated...i always grant it so i cant jsut kill another perosn
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 20:53

i always accept it. why would i want to play someone who is so bad that i beat them by 21? i dont.

matter of fact, if i go up 21 easy in the 1st half, i offer a friendly quit. i dont care about a W on my record, i dont care about giving someone else a loss. i just want a good game, and i cant have that with someone bad.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 20:59

On the flipside if you are beating someone by 21, I do not think they are obliged to accept mercy. Granted I usually will just run the clock down to 1 every time to get the game over with should they choose to decline it, but it's not the same as declining it when you are winning. Some people, even when being blown out just want to finish the game and try to learn something and I can respect that, but if you are the one winning by 21 and won't just let them be put out of their misery then that's just being a dick.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-15, 21:01

and also..i dont like to be a dick to kids, if they are tired of getting there ass beat then why make them quit and put them threw the whole game with, its fair.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-17, 04:18

ohboykjoy wrote:
I grant it to people and in return I hope they grant it to me.

If people do not accept it, I be a total asshole to them and run up the score or randomly go offsides etc.

I'm not about running up the score. I'm about finishing the game that we started.

Sometimes I want to upload a highlight. A lot of times I just want to practice things I don't normally do. I'm not even trying to run the score up, I'm just trying to get some reps in for some things I'm trying to add to my offense.

If I'm up 28-0, I find that to be a good opportunity for me to practice some plays I've been working on in a live game setting.

I find people who ask for mercy to be sore losers.

On the flip side, I've never accepted mercy during the times I was losing badly. It's also a great opportunity to get some practice.

In addition, I've rallied from 21 points down more than once.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-17, 15:09

If someone denies me mercy I'll either just be a dick or quit. If they send me a message that they just want a hilight then that's fine as long as they're just running clock for the most part. If I wanna play again though then I'll just quit, if they have fun playing the computer then good for them. If it's my last game for the night I'll be a dick and make the whole 2nd half last like 45 minutes so that it's no fun for them.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-17, 21:12

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
If someone denies me mercy I'll either just be a dick or quit. If they send me a message that they just want a hilight then that's fine as long as they're just running clock for the most part. If I wanna play again though then I'll just quit, if they have fun playing the computer then good for them. If it's my last game for the night I'll be a dick and make the whole 2nd half last like 45 minutes so that it's no fun for them.

I don't ever request mercy, cause again...I can learn something from getting my a$$ kicked.

I don't deny mercy to run up the score, though...so I don't see what the big deal is. If they want to quit, they can.

However, on the rare occasion where I don't want to get some practice in on some new things in...and I offer mercy, and they deny it...and then request it later on when the game is even more out of hand, I'm definitely denying it...and then I AM RUNNING THE SCORE UP. Because that's just being a ******.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-18, 12:41

But the losing person shouldn't feel obliged to accept, if they want to give a last ditch effort at coming back I can respect that but someone who is winning who declines mercy is just being a dick. If you did that to me I would make the last 2 minutes of the game last about 15 just to take the fun of running up the score out of it.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty2009-12-18, 15:04

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
But the losing person shouldn't feel obliged to accept, if they want to give a last ditch effort at coming back I can respect that but someone who is winning who declines mercy is just being a dick. If you did that to me I would make the last 2 minutes of the game last about 15 just to take the fun of running up the score out of it.

Like I said though, I'm not doing it to run up the score 99 percent of the time.

I'm doing to work on short passing plays, or some running plays that I'm trying to get better with.

I'm okay with someone declining mercy. But if you're going to decline, then finish the game. If you're going to make me sit there when I'm up 35 during one of the few times I've offered mercy while you fail at another drive, and then request mercy after that drive....after already declining me earlier...

I'm going to put 70 on you. I don't break out 4 and 5 wide sets often, but I will then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?   When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it? Empty

Back to top Go down

When a person asks for mercy, do you grant it?
Page 1 of 1