Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Cutler officially asks for trade

Go down 
+14
bigbuddah
DaTBa1LHaWK
Swag Escobar
EggzOverEazy
tuki94
Ketcham While They're Hot
Mcnair2Wycheck
Militant X 1
Downtown YuckieBrown
yaboy510
Mister_JP
jchizzy8
Crunk
SdGator
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Cutler officially asks for trade Empty
PostSubject: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 03:22

Updated: March 16, 2009, 12:26 AM ET

Cutler says he can't trust McDaniels

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
Archive

Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler said Sunday night that he will not report to the team's first meeting on Monday and has formally asked to be traded. He confirmed that a Saturday meeting with first-year coach Josh McDaniels ended badly from his perspective while McDaniels offered another viewpoint on Sunday night.
"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization....
link below to read the rest of the story
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805
Hope the Bucs pick him up. They really need a QB. Cutler would fit in good down there. I was raised in Tampa Bay area so I am really hoping the Bucs try everything to get him. I would give up a 1st for him. I'd rather see them do that than draft an unproven rookie. I don't think this years QB class is that great to be honest with you. That would put the bucs with their 1st pick not being till the 3rd round but I wouldnt be surprised if they found a way to trade for maybe a 2nd round pick somewhere. Either way I'd be thrilled to have him.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 05:05

I also read that he put up his house in Denver for sale.... Broncos have messed up badly in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 05:53

yeah big time. U have a QB that probably ranks in the top 10 of current NFL starters and is still early in his career with tons of potential to be an elite QB in the future and this is how you treat him? It could have been smoothed over if they would have just owned up to the trade in the first place and then said that Jay is their QB and they want to put this behind them cause he was ready to do that himself.
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 09:21

Broncos are making a terrible mistake here. Cutler has a good arm and good WR to throw to at Denver. The coach is now screwed and must trade him. If cutler wants out and they dont trade him he migh tnot play to his full ability.
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 10:20

jchizzy8 wrote:
Broncos are making a terrible mistake here. Cutler has a good arm and good WR to throw to at Denver. The coach is now screwed and must trade him. If cutler wants out and they dont trade him he migh tnot play to his full ability.
or they will just bench him
i heard the lions are insterested in him
the lions could have drafted him too
i wanted them to draft him sooo bad but they draft ernie sims instead i think
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 10:33

oh wow i guess this is good for us raiders fans haha
the donkeys are even more stupid for this one
lol
Back to top Go down
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 10:55

ya know what.....eat me....he'sgoing to M-I-A-M-I....dolphins have henne and draft picks as trade bait. he would be a HUGH upgrade over the pennington/henne qb battle coming up this year. this would give mcdaniels a better qb prospect than is in this years draft, more picks for denver. this gives miami a potential elite qb about to enter his prime, with a fast wr to outrun the def, miami's gonna get a bona-fide possesion wr(usually a staple for parcells) if they don't already have it in bess or camarillo(always love him for the catch that won the game in 07).

c'mon fins fans............HOLLA
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 12:17

Cutler is PISSED!! and....i don't blame him! see...this is the type of stuff that i meant when i said that organizations seem to have no loyalties to their key players today like back in the day! they tried to secretly move Cutler but...when the word got back to him...they (broncos organization) denied it. that made it worst! i can see him possibly going to TB. who knows? but...the broncos have definately messed this one up!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 12:28

For a team in need of a quarterback, Cutler is absolutely worth a 1st round pick! Hell if I were the Lions I'd give the 1st overall pick for him if that's what it took. You're getting a proven young NFL quarterback.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 13:09

Even though he's pissed and all, you can quote me on this, "JAY CUTLER WILL BE THE STARTING QB FOR THE BRONCOS AT THE BEGINNING OF NEXT SEASON."
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 14:00

[STARS] Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
For a team in need of a quarterback, Cutler is absolutely worth a 1st round pick! Hell if I were the Lions I'd give the 1st overall pick for him if that's what it took. You're getting a proven young NFL quarterback.
lol idk about all that now
#1 overall pick to a team that doesnt even want him?
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 14:14

They should. Are you going to tell me you would rather use a draft pick on an uncertain QB than trade it away to get a proven high level quarterback who is still young???
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 14:31

he need to come to tampa next season, we need a QB. he is a proven young QB wit a pro bowl under his belt and our QBs rite now are backups at best
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 14:57

[STARS] Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
They should. Are you going to tell me you would rather use a draft pick on an uncertain QB than trade it away to get a proven high level quarterback who is still young???
id rather see that draft pick go to a CB, Saftey, DE, or gaurd/tackle
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 15:34

Thst is a expensive person to put on the bench, and as a Dolphin fan i would love it if he came there but, Chad did alot last season and why in the world would they mess with his mind. He wouldnt start. it would be nice to trade chad for him but i doubt it.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 16:01

i dont think its the team that messed up. i mean cmon guys

they tried to get Matt Cassel, who might end up being a great QB. thats not a bad move. its a business move, and they thought it was in their best interest. now debating who is better, Cassel or Cutler, is a whole nother discussion, but either its just business.

Cutler took it personal, and thats a big no no. loyalty for a team is great, but he just came off as nieve.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 16:30

[STARS] EggzOverEazy wrote:
i dont think its the team that messed up. i mean cmon guys

they tried to get Matt Cassel, who might end up being a great QB. thats not a bad move. its a business move, and they thought it was in their best interest. now debating who is better, Cassel or Cutler, is a whole nother discussion, but either its just business.

Cutler took it personal, and thats a big no no. loyalty for a team is great, but he just came off as nieve.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 16:39

well unless cassel becomes the new brady.........i agree with cutler i mean wtf..let me make the probowl and u wanna trade me for some backup B****......thats like having a 24 in dick and getting left for a 5 incher.......i mean cmon wtf man cassell better become tom brady II after this BS
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 16:54

hahaha nice comparison swag
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 19:15

[STARS] EggzOverEazy wrote:
i dont think its the team that messed up. its just business.

of course it is a business! this is why cats like my boy...Ray Lewis always ask for their money! teams have no loyalty and will dump you without hesitation. but...to "SECRETLY" try to move your young starting pro bowl QB behind his back....and then....to lie about it and say that you didn't...but then...the truth comes out saying that you did? now that E...is the no no!

Last edited by Militant X 1 on 2009-03-16, 19:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-16, 19:16

**** that i kno alow of bitches that wouldnt **** wit a 10in dick let alone a 24 haha anyways i agree wit cutler if he felt like he isnt wanted den fuckin trade me i dont wanna play fo a big headed first time coach that thinks his system is better than the players in it. he taught cassel how to be a game manager and not **** up the season too much and he did that but he is far from a good qb in my opinion...he will go to KC and struggle caus of that fact. i dont undastand where denver got the idea to trade cutler in the first place wen he is top 5 passer in the league...cutler has an arguement and he said he wanted to make mends but big headed first year coach was talkin out his ass and u ain gon punk a probowl player.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-19, 12:06

Ketcham while they're hot wrote:
Even though he's pissed and all, you can quote me on this, "JAY CUTLER WILL BE THE STARTING QB FOR THE BRONCOS AT THE BEGINNING OF NEXT SEASON."

haha its looking more and more grim everyday.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-19, 14:04

Ok...it's looking grim, but have you seen any concrete "rumors" that say he will be anywhere else??? There are plenty of people who ask for trades every year and that doesn't always mean they are granted...At the moment, he has missed voluntary work outs and said he will attend mandatory events...Like I said before, I don't think a trade will happen...If it does, I'll suck it up and say I was wrong, but until then...
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-19, 14:14

Ketcham while they're hot wrote:
Ok...it's looking grim, but have you seen any concrete "rumors" that say he will be anywhere else??? There are plenty of people who ask for trades every year and that doesn't always mean they are granted...At the moment, he has missed voluntary work outs and said he will attend mandatory events...Like I said before, I don't think a trade will happen...If it does, I'll suck it up and say I was wrong, but until then...

i hope he stays and this jus clears away, but if he does get traded plz dnt go to the bucs, i like them having sucky ass qbs, and jay cutler is a beast
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty2009-03-19, 16:09

if cutler can go to tampa bay and get a wr then they will be better than denver and if denver doesnt make em play they will regret not being stern with him but it is obvious that there dumb coach is not gonna say wat he needs to say and making a splash will F his team up. soo o well regardless this will work out for cutler and not for denver...this situation is there fault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cutler officially asks for trade   Cutler officially asks for trade Empty

Back to top Go down

Cutler officially asks for trade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next