Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Help defending the flats and a certain play.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Help defending the flats and a certain play. Empty
PostSubject: Help defending the flats and a certain play.   Help defending the flats and a certain play. Empty2009-12-09, 18:01

Seriously, the A.I. is really starting to bug me in this game. I've been calling cover 2, cover 3, man coverage...pretty much anything and people still are able to complete passes to the flats.

I played this guy who used the Steelers yesterday and anytime he needed a 1st down he would go to this play out of Shotgun where there are 3 WRs, the slot lines up on the strong side and the TE (Miller) lines up in the backfield on the right side of Roethlisberger. Miller would run this route where he runs outside of the of the RT then runs straight for about 5 yards then cuts outside. Basically an out toute but not exactly the same. It was a pain to defend because he was open pretty much immediately no matter what I called. I tried user defending him, but it was pretty tough to tell when/where the ball will be thrown. He would also go hurry-up in a 4 WR set and Mike Wallace would line up where Miller usually was which was also tough to defend. So if anyone knows what play I'm talking about, I really would like to get some tips on how to defend this play. Also, on a 4th and 2, I knew exactly where the ball was going (Rashard Mendenhall pass to the flats), so I Def. hot route both my corners to cover the flats even though I had already called cover 2, then i highlighted Mendenhall. Well what pisses me off is he got around my corner anyway and caught the pass for a 3 yard gain after my dipshit CB pushed him out of bounds. Any help guys?
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Help defending the flats and a certain play.   Help defending the flats and a certain play. Empty2009-12-09, 20:30

lol that play you said is a good play. the RB on the other side is also a good option

the only thing i can think of is man, and then user him
Back to top Go down
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Help defending the flats and a certain play.   Help defending the flats and a certain play. Empty2009-12-09, 20:40

hmmm maybe nickel 3-3-5 2 man under?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help defending the flats and a certain play.   Help defending the flats and a certain play. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help defending the flats and a certain play.
Page 1 of 1