Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Help User Defending?

Go down 
+2
Vendable
FelixdaCat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Help User Defending? Empty
PostSubject: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-13, 20:33

Ok today I was playing this guy who was using the Cowboys and he started throwing some screens on me. I was using the Eagles and was winning 20-10 with not much time left so it didn't matter too much. He kept throwing screens to Tashard Choice (Felix Jones got injured) and had some success doing it. He was doing it out of the same formation so I started keying in on it after the first couple of times. So I played LB contain and played some man defense and was able to stop him...but my point is i took control of my DE Trent Cole and was waiting on the screen. I thought I was in perfect position to pick it off but the ball sails over me and he gets maybe 4-5 yards. With the clock winding down, it was a pretty acceptable outcome to the play but I was still frustrated I didnt intercept it and take it back. Things like this have happened several times. I usually like to control the MLB and drop back in zone and cover the middle of the field, but i cant defend worth crap because much of the time they have a slot receiver coming on a crossing route and i end up missing the ball and on some occasions it seems like it goes right over my MLB's head. Can anyone give me some good methods to being better at user defending a pass?
Back to top Go down
Vendable
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-14, 01:45

i have the same problem, im good at usering against the run, but my skills dont seem to extend far enough to cover the pass.

(sorry to piggyback your thread FelixdaCat )

but any tips or info on helping user pass d would be very gratefull.
Back to top Go down
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-14, 04:58

Nah its cool, good to know there is someone else struggling with this like I am.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-14, 20:42

man just practice. i used to not be able to user the pass at all now my stick is so good if the ball is anywhere near me ill pick it off 9 outta 10 times
Back to top Go down
etnalpalja
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-14, 23:33

always strafe
Back to top Go down
Vendable
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-15, 01:56

crazyblack001 wrote:
man just practice. i used to not be able to user the pass at all now my stick is so good if the ball is anywhere near me ill pick it off 9 outta 10 times

i realise that and i am,

i was just wondering if there were any little tips like "always strafe" so i can get a head start
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-15, 03:00

stafe it work's i was wondering if they took that first tell i did it ...and had 5pic's in a game so do it the sh!t work's.. Help User Defending? 993453 Help User Defending? 93334
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty2009-11-18, 21:23

hey Swag, do you strafe and use turbo when you play D? and what position are you guys playing as? i have been trying every position lately and cant get a fuckin grasp. i give up about 14 ppg on average and i have played 50 games, but the last two games i played i have been getting torched for some damn reason. i used to think i was good at D lol then i didnt play for like two weeks and now i suck balls lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help User Defending?   Help User Defending? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help User Defending?
Page 1 of 1