Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Beating Dime formation

Go down 
+3
MiamiXCanes
CapnCrunch
pig3150
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pig3150
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Beating Dime formation Empty
PostSubject: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 10:02

I play with the cowboys and my friend use eagles and he runs a Dime formation and it stops my toss plays, off tackle plays. What playbook should i use and which plays would work against the dime and 3-3-5 def.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 10:47

The dime has weaker tackling up the middle. Run it right between Gurode and Davis in the A Gap. I use the Arizona playbook, goalline formation, I substitute Doug Free in the 3rd tight end spot.

Run the Iso play, motion Doug Free to the A Gap, then run Barber behind him. After a few of those run the FB Dive with motion. Then the power O, no motion neeeded. Then when you see him switch out of the dime, there is a HB Toss in the AZ playbook in goalline form. Run it. Also use the Play Action. Practice one and find one you like. But don't throw to Doug Free.

I also sub Witten in for Anderson at fullback when he gets tired. You have three tight ends in in this formation and you can always sub an backiup offensive lineman in in those spots. Then also sub in the halfback and fullback spots. Marion is great up the middle and Power O. Jones is great on Power O and HB Toss. Choice is good on third downs.

Your not gonna get huge plays like with the tosses. But you can consistently get 5 yards and never give up control of the football. If he never gets out of the dime, start running the clock down.

Also in this little scheme the toss is pretty good and the Playaction is OK, but they are just designed to keep em guessing. This scheme is to consistantly pound the rock up the gut. Old school, punch em in the mouth style.
Back to top Go down
pig3150
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 12:09

Thanks for the information. Are do u have any others money plys that will make him pay.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 12:14

This is not about money plays bro. The money is in never letting him have the ball.

Let's say you get the ball first. It takes you 7 minutes to score. Now you have used a whole quarter of the game and he hasn't even touched the ball.

That my friend is PURE GOLD!!!!
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 12:26

A lot of these sites talk about money plays and this playbook and that playbook. It is a lot of BS. When it comes down to it the best players do not put the ball in jeopardy. They run short passes, and lots of running to control the ball.

I use the goalline formation cuz it is a tight, power formation. I very seldom turn the ball over and if I do it is usually out in the open field after a big run or on a HB Toss.
Back to top Go down
pig3150
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 15:58

Thanks i will lab it.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 16:46

But hey maybe some of the other guys have other ideas.

Cmon guys can you help a pig out?
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 17:03

i do the same exact thing but i just dont do it out of goalline. i run the ball, mix in the PA and short passes and run the ball some more. to me my gameplan has been to get myself into 2nd and 3rd and short all the time so i can keep the clock moving. i can take up MORE then a whole quarter most of the time and that just kills the other person.

so my advice to you....control the ball, no turnovers, and when he finaly does get the ball back, a quick turnover by your opponent can shift the whole game into your favor in about a quarter
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 18:00

yea id also say run jumbo sets.. find plays that will almost always get u to the 2nd level.. use marion barber and once u get past that front line, u only have 1 LB and a bunch of lil DBs to get by.. shouldnt b too hard to take on DBs wit a big strong RB like barber..
Back to top Go down
pig3150
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 19:41

Thanks fellas for the advice, i will practice on some plays. Another question which playbook would be good to use with the cowboys. Its weird i got really good with just running the ball but then i began seeing the sites talking about money plays and moving the ball in the air, i got excited and now i need to settle back down. So which playbok is good, i like to too felix in as my starting rb, but he always fumble.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 19:44

I like the arizona playbook, because it is the only one I know that has the HB Toss in goalline formation. I also like the split gun form there.

Barber does not fumble in Jumbo sets.
Back to top Go down
pig3150
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-16, 23:45

So u run goaline formation the entire time. but supose u need a quick score do u have any good plys from that ply book. I notice early u mention split gun is their a certain ply? if so let me know.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 02:31

No I don't run goalline the entire time. I also pass some. I use gun split for some passing, run some trip sets, a little pro sets, some TE seam routes. Run out of different sets too. Like I form things like that.

But I do a lot of running out of goalline. Because I like for them to know I am gonna run and still not be able to stop it. Also when I run out of goalline, then I come out in a different set they think pass and then I run again. Then I go back to goalline and they think run so I will do a HBToss or a playaction.

Keep em guessing.

I like to get people on this board into using my goalline scheme because it is easy to show my motion and sub offensive tackle for tight end principles. But then once you see what it is about, then find other plays and sets you like.

But more specifically you said your buddy runs the dime. That formation subs smaller fast guys for pass stopping. So use jumbo sets like two and three tight ends and a fullback and halfback so that you have big guys running against small guys.

Certainly if you run it in goalline twenty times in a row he will find a way to stop it.
So don't do that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 03:00

You like the Cowboys right.

You got Andre Gurode (320lbs) and Leonard Davis (350lbs) right next to each other. Then you motion Doug Free (311lbs) into the space between them. Then lead with Witten (260lbs) subbed in at Fullback. Then follow that with Marion Barber (250). That's like 1500 lbs all going the same direction. Even Albert Haynesworth doesn't stand a chance.

It is a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 03:02

man run the west coast/SEA PB. Barber and jones in the far tight twins is killer and it has PA X clown and some sick plays with the shotgun. best PB in the game by far
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 08:24

Run heavy, use I Twin TE and I Tight. You'll have the same staff as in GL, but with a WR to keep the defense honest.
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 11:00

CapnCrunch wrote:
I like the arizona playbook, because it is the only one I know that has the HB Toss in goalline formation. I also like the split gun form there.

Barber does not fumble in Jumbo sets.

pass balanced has 2 hb tosses outa goaline.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 12:10

Yep, I think you guys may have convinced me. I am gonna work on it and then make a switch. Thanks
Back to top Go down
pig3150
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 13:33

Thanks fellas for all the advice. I will be sure to add it to my plybk. I use to beat my friend with snugs flip but now he knows how to defend it. He would manual blitze a plyer which stops me, even if i ran wrs corner or pa x clown, any advice. use their a sure way to make those plys better.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 15:07

So, I was checking out the Run Heavy PB. That has some sweet plays. I form, twin TE, HB Sweep is one of the best set up sweeps I have seen in the game. Shotguin wing trips has several good pass . Full hoiuse has angle swing, pa waggle. Shotgun normal got double sluggo, deep ins, whip under. and in trips bunch i hit every pass i threw in greenside drag. goalline has 2 tosses but no iso. i like it. i like it a lot. give me some of the plays and setups you run please Sun. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-17, 15:11

First game with Run Heavy. Cowboys vs Packers. 4 passes 4 completions, 36 rushing attempts 216 yds, 4 TD's. Dominated the clock.

Dammit, I knew the Cowboys should have run more on Sunday. Does that make me a better OC than Jason Garrett.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-22, 21:56

BE SMART...TAKE ADVANTAGE WHEN U HAVE A CHANCE.BE PRECISE.MOST KEEP CONTROL OF THE BALL.NOT NESSARILY BALL HOGGIN ON PURPOSE I HATE THA UNLESS ITS THE END OF THE GM
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty2009-11-22, 21:57

BEATING DIME IS EASY.RUN.I'LL COUNTER OR TOSS IT.ONCE U HIT OPEN FIELD YOU'LL USUALLY GET A BIG GAIN BECAUSE OF THE DB'S LOW TACKLING RATNGS.OR I LIKE TO GO DEEP OVER THE TOP SINCE THERE'S 1 LB!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beating Dime formation   Beating Dime formation Empty

Back to top Go down

Beating Dime formation
Page 1 of 1