Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Larry Johnson has no value on the open market

Go down 
+4
super_mario90
Crunk
EggzOverEazy
CapnCrunch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty
PostSubject: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-09, 11:47

Might be a good free agent acquisition???
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-09, 12:05

i disagree. i mean, ok so he's gone from KC..... is he even gonna get signed?

but like i said, i feel like he has value. you can use him as a 3rd down back, he still has that power, just not the stamina because he's been so overused throughout his career in KC.

but i think someone will take him, i'm not sure who... the Pats like to have a lot of RBs, and they don't mind taking old guys. we'll see.

crazy that he was only 74 yards away from being the Chief's franchise leading receiver.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-09, 12:38

There are so many teams that could use him as a good backup. LJ still has it and will probably be signed by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-09, 12:58

I think Detroit has first crack at him, but I haven't checked. Maybe he won't make it to the clear waiver point and someone will pick him up. But then KC should have at least shopped him around. That team needs anything they can get.

So much talent, so little brains. KC has always been a class act, there had to be some resolution other than this BS.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-09, 16:58

larry johnson is a beast i would put him with another beast like steven jackson! larry could learn off of jackson and with those two on the same team that would be kinda nice to have

but the team that might get him..........idk lol but a team will get him he's to good
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-09, 17:20

Put him behind a good line and he'll be back to the same LJ we saw in 06. He was overused like crazy with Herm Edwards, but behind a good or decent line, he can put up numbers.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-09, 17:32

But who's gonna pay 4.5 mil for him now. Seems to me if he was worth 4.5 mil, KC woulda got something for him. I know a lot of times it is not about money, but that's a lot of money.

Let's see if he clears the wire. Then I am 100% sure someone will pick him up.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-10, 06:12

oh sh*t the texans might get him

texans coach gary kubiak says he will evaluate RB larry johnson

that will be nice if we get him on the team king
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-10, 07:14

Someone will take him but he is garbage. He's not worth the money even though he is only gona make 2.5 million if someone picks him up. At best he's a goalline and short yardage back at this point and signing players for such a small role I think is dumb. If ur rb is good enough to run the ball 20+ times a game he should get the goalline work. LJ is done, he will suck wherever he goes and be cut again at the end of the year. The one team I heard he wants to go to is pittsburgh cuz he's from pennsylvania.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-10, 15:28

yawn....larry johnson is ego maniac and complete bum....so there it is.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-10, 15:57

Hell, who doesn't want to go to Pittsburgh. Ain't gonna happen, no room at the Inn. Texans, hmmm, maybe. They sure could of used him against the colts.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-10, 16:27

Looks like noone picked up his waiver, now the Chiefs have to pay 2.14 million for him to play somewhere else. He will get none of the final three years on his contract, approx 22mil because it wasn't guarenteed.

He will be unrestricted this afternoon. Who wants him? My money is on the Texans, Slaton has been downgraded and they could use a 3rd down and short yardage back. My second guess would be Washington.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-10, 16:38

slaton actually will be a better 3rd down back and LJ should just come in when we need to pick up 1st downs on 3rd and short

slaton he's kinda like reggie bush out the back feild i just wish he would stop with the fumbles he was runing like a beast last season but he's going threw a sophmore slump now smh

slaton is good on passing downs and LJ is good on short yrd downs
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-10, 17:41

wtf with LJ at St-Louis O_o. The Rams' other name is Steven Jackson, no way they take another good back lol.

I would see him in a Brown uniform. They have a very good offensive line, but a lack of talent at RB. If only they could become a good running team, we'd talk less about how bad are their QBs.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-16, 20:24

It appears that the Bengals are going to sign Larry Johnson and he should be on the practice field as early as this Wednesday.

This will help Cincy with some depth at the running back spot where currently Cedric Benson, (possible comeback player of the year), is having injury (hip flexor?) problems.

The Bengals are currently in control of their division, however, the Strength of schedule for the steelers and ravens is not in their favor. Personally I think they may win the division, but do not have what is necessary to go very far in the playoffs,

A lot depends on the health of Cedric Benson and signing Larry Johnson may help in their quest.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty2009-11-16, 20:52

LOL

I thought Cincy had changed and stopped acquiring big talk free agents. I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson has no value on the open market   Larry Johnson has no value on the open market Empty

Back to top Go down

Larry Johnson has no value on the open market
Page 1 of 1