Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

TEXANS looking at larry johnson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty
PostSubject: TEXANS looking at larry johnson   TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty2009-11-11, 05:35

Looking at Larry?: The Kansas City Chiefs released former Pro Bowl running back Larry Johnson Monday morning. Kubiak's press conference began with questions about whether or not the Texans would be interested in signing him.

"Obviously, when a name like that comes on the free agent market like today, we'll obviously go back and take a look at him just like any other player," Kubiak said. "But obviously, he's been a good player in this league, and I'm sure he'll get a lot of interest from a lot of people."

In 2005 and 2006, Johnson eclipsed the 1,700-yard mark in rushing and scored a combined 40 touchdowns running and receiving. But the past two-and-a-half years have been a struggle for the former Penn State Nittany Lion. He has averaged just 3.7 yards per carry on a combined 1,791 yards and 483 attempts in that span.

Plus, Johnson hasn't played more than 12 games a season since 2006 and was recently suspended for making a derogatory slur on his Twitter page.

Kubiak was asked again near the end of the press conference about Johnson, and he ended the discussion on the topic by saying, "Larry Johnson's a good football player, and we're going to take a hard look at him."

slaton: (on talks about bringing in RB Larry Johnson and how that affects him) "My job is to be a competitor. Whoever is in here now, it doesn't matter. I'm just going to go out there and compete. That's it."
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: TEXANS looking at larry johnson   TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty2009-11-11, 05:50

man i really hope we get him
TEXANS looking at larry johnson Nfl_us_johnson_195
(lol i had hell trying to find a decent pic of this dude most of his pics were showing him poppin bottles in the club and hanging out with all these find b*tches lol) king
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: TEXANS looking at larry johnson   TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty2009-11-11, 09:25

I really hope u get him too! Keep him away from NE!!! Ur acting like ur gona get the player that he was 3 years ago when ur lookin at a rb that will only hurt u if he's taking carries from slaton. LJ is done, he's not a superstar like ur trying to make him out to be.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: TEXANS looking at larry johnson   TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty2009-11-11, 11:12

In Houston he won't have to be a superstar. Just a good second or third option. He will fit fine there.

NE, no way, too much class for that bonehead. They will say stuff like of course well look at him he is a great athlete etc...yada, yada yada. But the Patriots are a TEAM with team players, he just would fit in.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: TEXANS looking at larry johnson   TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty2009-11-11, 12:38

Texans. Say. No Thanks
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: TEXANS looking at larry johnson   TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty2009-11-11, 17:08

i guess when u think about it it wouldn't make sence to get him after all they got slaton,moats,chris brown. chris brown is a guy simular to larry johnsn not attitude but the same running style.

damn i was hopeing they would get him though! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEXANS looking at larry johnson   TEXANS looking at larry johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

TEXANS looking at larry johnson
Page 1 of 1