Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?

Go down 
+3
iGotBeast$wag13
Code//Blue
24Marion24
7 posters
AuthorMessage
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty
PostSubject: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-13, 00:23

Hey guys, Im new to this site. Ive been looking throug these threads and picked up a lot of great tips. I also lab a couple hours a day to try and get better but I still seam to have problems.

I use the Dallas Cowboys and I use the Balanced playbook for my offense, and Multiple D as my defensive playbook.

I currently am facing the cpu on All-Madden difficulty, trying my best to improve my defense, but for some reason, 1 game I will do great, then the next game I will do terrible.

I don't need too much work on my offense. I can put up around 30 points on all-madden against the better teams like patriots, steelers, ect....

I like to mix up my plays as much as possible, blitzing out of the 46, blitzing my olb's out of the 4-3 or 3-4, and also I use the 2-4 and 1-5-5 a lot and throw in a lot of blitzing. Some games I can keep the cpu on all-madden down to around 150 pass yards, and other game i allow around 300. Whenever I stop blitzing to see if I am just blitxing too much, I can't possibly make it to the quarterback to pressure him with just the use of my lineman.

I dunno why I am so inconsistant with my defense, and ANY tips or help would be much appreciated.

I am going to set up my online and start playing on XBOX live in a couple weekends, so I want to be ready to be good competition so I can have some exciting games.

Thanks in advance Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? 993453

- Steven
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-13, 15:52

One tip, don't try to practice against All Madden. The QBs get the ball of so fast it's really impossible to stop unless your running a really good Man Nano with BNR.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-13, 15:59

Usually, you have to watch the slot reciever, i suggest either spotlighting him, are brigging in your coverage. The slot does routes that sometimes the deep saftey and the ILB doesnt pick up, brigging up your coverage will get the saftey an extra step or to to bat the ball and get an INT. Spotlighting him; the LB's will follow him through his routes (Through there zone coverage, once he leave the zone the LB's will pull back) Spotlighting will make sure they go the FUULL ZONE ROUTE.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-13, 20:32

thanks for the tips. and code blue to be honest i cant nano blitz to save my life. I can never seam to get everyone reblitzed and in the right spot to try to nano blitz in time. Maybe the part of my problem is I cant nano blitz? But i dont really want to have to rely on something like nano blitzing to win all the time either.

and I usually do spotlight the slot wr or tight end.... it dosnt seam to help at all.

anyone else have any tips?
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-13, 20:42

sometimes when u play fag defense.. the cpu will never throw the ball.. they will try to run with the QB
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-14, 07:28

best tip i believe is to bring the pressure early, then mix in some zones with the same look and set up.

if playing another user pressure can throw off their timing and cause them to throw picks or just get in their head. keep them guessing.

i have people quitting a lot because they think i'm doing nanos all game. but i just set everything up to look like the last play to the point that they just 'feel' pressure even if it's not there.
Back to top Go down
ShakeNbake1285
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-15, 00:00

use some bnr too
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-15, 01:48

i use bump n run every time i blitz but nothin seams to work. I have been labbing and playing the cpu on all-madden every day for the past 8 days now, and I still have no defensive success. Ive tried everything. Im about ready to just put the game away. Its makin me so angry.
Back to top Go down
tomo08
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty2009-10-15, 09:51

24Marion24 wrote:
i use bump n run every time i blitz but nothin seams to work. I have been labbing and playing the cpu on all-madden every day for the past 8 days now, and I still have no defensive success. Ive tried everything. Im about ready to just put the game away. Its makin me so angry.

Don't get frustrated that's not the way playa...remeber the computer AI is going to find the open man. Plus if your winning the cpu handicaps also. And on another note when you do play online real players react differently. So don't read to much into that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?   Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey everyone. Tips for improving pass defense?
Page 1 of 1