Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Tips for stopping the pass

Go down 
+9
NJZ-flyezt
ghostnote
cushy23
sowskillz
boatrace76
ktizzle21
EggzOverEazy
cballer
H8torade
13 posters
AuthorMessage
H8torade
New MS Member
New MS Member
H8torade

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Tips for stopping the pass Empty
PostSubject: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-27, 09:31

Like the post says I need some pointers for my defense. I'm running the Multiple D playbook switching between variants of the 4-3, Nickel Strong and 3-3-5. I'm looking for a somewhat consistent scheme of stopping those pesky across the middle passes; drags, slants, and outs, using one of those Defensive Schemes. Some of the typical plays I call out of these are of course the Cover 2 and 3 with Man Press thrown in there occasionally. I pretty much never have trouble stopping the run (except for Wildcat formations when I'm not paying attention), and the guys I play are somewhat predictable. If I'm getting burnt running a Cover defense I might audible to Man Coverage sometimes and that works out somewhat if it's not a mismatched Receiver against a LB, or my worst CB.

The teams the guys I play with usually bring to the table are; Miami (I actually have more trouble with their passing than I thought), Panthers (Haven't been much trouble for me), Ravens (Their offense will catch me off guard sometimes, but I'm usually ok), and the Chargers whom I haven't faced yet. I'll be bringing either my home state TENNESSEE TITANS to the table or my secondary New York Giants, which both have great running games and a balanced pass offense.

'Stay Frosty'
Back to top Go down
cballer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-27, 10:01

just need help wit hot routes p3 need it need 2 no how 2 do it quikly and i neede it yesterday
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-27, 10:15

i think theres one key part to pass defense this year, and that is USER SKILLS.

if you want to defend against the pass consistently, you absolutely, with out a doubt, 100% NEEEEEEEEEED to get your user zone coverage up. you need to be able to read routes as receivers cross the LOS and cut them off before the QB can hit them. you have to be able to know when no one is coming in to your zone, and in those cases you need to adjust your coverage to still beat the receiver to his spot.
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-27, 11:11

EggzOverEazy wrote:
i think theres one key part to pass defense this year, and that is USER SKILLS.

if you want to defend against the pass consistently, you absolutely, with out a doubt, 100% NEEEEEEEEEED to get your user zone coverage up. you need to be able to read routes as receivers cross the LOS and cut them off before the QB can hit them. you have to be able to know when no one is coming in to your zone, and in those cases you need to adjust your coverage to still beat the receiver to his spot.
FINALLY sum1 wit sum common sense. eggzovereazy i couldnt have stated this better. idk y ppl blame the cpu 4 their failures when it comes 2 defending the pass on this new madden game. its all about putting ur guys in position to make the play and then clicking on and showing sum sick user skills.
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-28, 13:41

yeah i would have to agree.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-28, 15:08

I agree you have to be good with the user but 1 guy cant cover the whole field so it is also crucial as to which play to pick.. your cpu players are just as important as your user player if your computer players suck then no matter how good you are at usering your D is going to suck.. plain and simple..
Back to top Go down
cushy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
cushy23

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-29, 20:28

I was great at this last year user controlling with my LBs and FS for ints, but this year i havent mastered the user control on pass D. I think i strafe too much
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-29, 21:17

use the new lineman control features..they work well.take someone like d-ware and youll get a few sacks and alot of pressure.
Back to top Go down
NJZ-flyezt
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-29, 21:56

use fag D....... nickel 9 velcro flipped........put the de's in purple zones......qb spy one of the DT......user one of the saftetys.....thats good pass D
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-29, 23:05

Nano blitz is the only way i found that can stop the pass... you will get lots of pics if you put pressure on the qb
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-29, 23:09

nanos, a couple zones out there and on longer pass plays, fag d works the best.. nothin wrong wit a good fag d..
Back to top Go down
xBALLiiN
New MS Member
New MS Member
xBALLiiN

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-29, 23:30

sending pressure and using User defesne where holes are made is ur best bet.
Back to top Go down
H8torade
New MS Member
New MS Member
H8torade

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-30, 05:47

Appreciate all the help guys, so far I'm 2-2 this season with the Titans. Gotta' still work out a few kinks.
Back to top Go down
xBALLiiN
New MS Member
New MS Member
xBALLiiN

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-08-30, 06:33

no problemo
Back to top Go down
ckduble2
New MS Member
New MS Member
ckduble2

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty2009-12-15, 23:46

H8torade wrote:
Like the post says I need some pointers for my defense. I'm running the Multiple D playbook switching between variants of the 4-3, Nickel Strong and 3-3-5. I'm looking for a somewhat consistent scheme of stopping those pesky across the middle passes; drags, slants, and outs, using one of those Defensive Schemes. Some of the typical plays I call out of these are of course the Cover 2 and 3 with Man Press thrown in there occasionally. I pretty much never have trouble stopping the run (except for Wildcat formations when I'm not paying attention), and the guys I play are somewhat predictable. If I'm getting burnt running a Cover defense I might audible to Man Coverage sometimes and that works out somewhat if it's not a mismatched Receiver against a LB, or my worst CB.

The teams the guys I play with usually bring to the table are; Miami (I actually have more trouble with their passing than I thought), Panthers (Haven't been much trouble for me), Ravens (Their offense will catch me off guard sometimes, but I'm usually ok), and the Chargers whom I haven't faced yet. I'll be bringing either my home state TENNESSEE TITANS to the table or my secondary New York Giants, which both have great running games and a balanced pass offense.

'Stay Frosty'
Im a oldschool player im 24 and unstoppable against peeps beside me on stiks ,but i just started online 3 weeks ago i starded out 75w-25L now im just now learnin and lab'n i got 75 percent down the 25 % is wut is beatin me peeps nano which i just know figured out bout that so ima a pro on the sticks but the lag on the online allows my player to be right on time with a pik but its like it dosent read fast enough to the game and i over run the route and he's gone so now im 98w-42L so u c ive lost a few since my good start if there's any basic info i need to know i would appriaciate any tips yall good give me on anything , im a well known football head but online has blowed my mind how that dont matter it seems like its all about nano,glitchen play callin ,and stik skillz bareley matters so any help i could defeintly use it thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for stopping the pass   Tips for stopping the pass Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for stopping the pass
Page 1 of 1