Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

10 tips improving your defense

Go down 
+11
mayne
jd7680
Swag Escobar
Jimmy Freedom90
ticklemeelmo
Shotgun-Skizz
xSteelcityDx
daprettiestdon
TMC
bullethead527
Mr28ALLDAY
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr28ALLDAY
New MS Member
New MS Member
Mr28ALLDAY

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-16

10 tips improving your defense Empty
PostSubject: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-27, 22:16

1. Practice And Learn Your Playbook
If you are serious about playing madden then this is the most important tip I can give you. I will spend hours practicing a new playbook just as much as playing franchise or any other game mode. If you want to stay ahead of your friends or rivals then practice, practice, practice!
2. Identify Soft/Strong Spots In Your Roster
For example, some of your corner backs may be good man to man or coverage. Some can press and some cannot. This will help you gameplan so you can use your strengths to counteract your team’s weaknesses.
3. Plan Your Attack

Very simple. You can’t just jump in the ring with no gameplan!
4. Adjust To The Offensive Line
By shifting your defense or using audibles, after a few weeks of playing you will start to recognize certain plays and will be able to read what the offense is doing. Learn how to adjust your players, changing them to zone cover, man cover or blitz.
5. Stick With One Or Two Players
Don’t go button mashing trying to choose a player in desperation. The CPU has a habit of changing you to a player you don’t want to be at times and this will lead to you blowing the play. I will normally play middle linebacker or strong safety and stick with them to the end of the play.
6. Do Not Use Turbo Unless You Are In Pursuit Or Cutting Off The Run
If you are the last man you will get side stepped and you will over run the play. Nobody wants to be on the bad side of a highlight reel.
7. Use LT To Strafe
This will line your player up for the tackle, you can sprint and strafe at the same time, but I would not recommend sprinting [tip 6] and just cut off the angle of the runner, and then BANG hitstick!
8. Don’t Just Rely On The Hit Stick
You can use X/SQUARE to tackle. When you’re going for a sack use X as this always seems to be more reliable than the hit stick and will result in a sack. If you’re close to the quarter back then use the hit stick.
9. Learn How To Create Pressure
If you like to blitz then keep blitzing until the offense starts to pick up the blitz, then start creating pressure in other areas. There are many different ways to create pressure so don’t always rely on the same players. Use your linebackers, corner backs and safetys.
10. Use The Replay Tool
Look and study where you are struggling and where you are getting beat. Also look at ratios of passing and rushing, and who their go to guy is.
Back to top Go down
bullethead527
New MS Member
New MS Member
bullethead527

Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-27, 22:30

It always seems like my blitz get picked up i use safeties, corners, linebackers, how can i be more efficient pass rusher?????????????? and if i do get through it is not in time
Back to top Go down
TMC
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TMC

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-27, 22:34

jut get good at usering a certain player on D and it will come around
Back to top Go down
Mr28ALLDAY
New MS Member
New MS Member
Mr28ALLDAY

Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-27, 22:41

try reblitzing your players, subbing olbs for de's, like i said you gotta test it out and be prepared.
Back to top Go down
TMC
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TMC

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-28, 02:19

Also don't try do to to much I like keeping it as basic as possible for example you don't have to playmaker a bunch of people before the play. If you know what your doing then yeah go for it but until you do I wouldn't recomend it im tellin ya best thing you could do is get your stick skills at a GREAT level your D will improve soooooooooooooooooooooo much
Back to top Go down
daprettiestdon
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-28, 12:22

thx for the advice. definately some useful info there to incorporate.
Back to top Go down
xSteelcityDx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xSteelcityDx

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-28, 12:27

Good advice it has helped me as well!
Back to top Go down
Shotgun-Skizz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-28, 21:44

Thanks man, i was always thinking of what makes a person great on defense thanks for putting it in words.lol
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-28, 23:27

what type of coverage do you guys usually use when you blitz safetys and such? cause i never really had the guts to do it, i guess if its man that makes sense but im always afraid to do that in a zone if it means giving up a blue zone.

i feel i do really good with my cornerback and LB blitzs but i honestly do not use a single safety blitz and i desperately want to change that.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-29, 02:16

I'm on the same page with you elmo, i mean the only safety blitz i do is the SS blitz in the 46. But usually im just runnin' linebacker or corner blitzes from nickel and dime.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-29, 03:03

i sorta disagree with some of ur points

you shouldnt stick with one or two ppl just dont mash ur buttons because the cpu is very easy to juke and fake with spins

turbo is a must when ur rushing the passer and i do that all the time it helps you get inside or outside a blocker faster and to the QB very quickly.

one thing i would wanna add is to remember formations read formations carefully they give u clues to wat a person might do... alot of people dont notice that they run certain things out of certain formations all the time for example some books only have screens in certain formations 3wr 1 TE 1 RB for example u get screened out that formation 1 or 2 times and now u know every time u see thats its a possible screen

TMC is also correct alot of the basic plays are actually very effective if u do simple shifts just look at where the line and the linebackers are going during a blitz and shift them around and it can make a normal play feel like a nano the only thing i would recommend doing is sometimes reblitzing olbs in a 3-4 D because they get sucked inside on the run sometimes if u leave them how they are the angles on the olb blitzes are bad
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-01-30, 16:56

Btw.....when your going for the sack use 10 tips improving your defense 634362 , not 10 tips improving your defense 772282 . It will stop the qb's motion and he wont get the pass off. 10 tips improving your defense 772282 is way slower.
Back to top Go down
mayne
New MS Member
New MS Member
mayne

Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-02-08, 12:12

HOW DO U EXPOSE A COVER2
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-02-08, 14:15

compressed sets,post routes,strks.
Back to top Go down
mayne
New MS Member
New MS Member
mayne

Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-02-09, 11:48

wat if he blitz linebackers and DE, i have no time to throw bro
Back to top Go down
Prophet1451
New MS Member
New MS Member
Prophet1451

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-02-13, 14:42

I'm a huge 3-4 user, I use my FS on defense, I will send my SS in on 2nd and long, even 3rd & 4 situations, I'll play center field with my FS put my LB's in short Zones and pinch the D-Line, so nothing up the middle is easy! I have a lot to learn on defense, but it's been fun so far! This is my first week playing the game, I'm having a terrible season, but I joined this site yesterday, and I've read a lot of things that have helped me so far, take it easy people.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-02-13, 16:23

I'd say use almost no man coverage, for every time it works you get burned another. I use it maybe 3 times a game.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty2010-02-15, 13:53

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
I'd say use almost no man coverage, for every time it works you get burned another. I use it maybe 3 times a game.

Yep. I only show man coverage every once in a while as well as a change of pass.

I'll blitz from man coverage once or twice a game, and I'll also use some sort of Man-2 Under defense once or twice a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 tips improving your defense   10 tips improving your defense Empty

Back to top Go down

10 tips improving your defense
Page 1 of 1