Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?

Go down 
+14
miked152
Madden's Finest 200
so much swag
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
bigblue723
jayfury
super_mario90
Devo
ghostnote
DyNaMicakaDNM
s0liddy
HeadHoncho32
huh1231
hof8231
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty
PostSubject: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-01, 13:30

I've tried literally everything. 3-4, 4-4, 4-3 to no avail. He never goes down on first contact and if he gets past the LBs its a TD. Have any of you guys had consistent success in stopping him?
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-01, 13:41

concentrate more on stopping the play rather than CH. he's probably the biggest threat in madden but don't hype him up too hard. try to get to him in the backfield. use contains for those outside runs. dont bring ur safety down but user him. if he's got a good scheme with him and can run outside or inside play man-to-man and send a good block shedder at the strong guard, contain the DEs, and clean up outside runs with the safety.

he's fast and if he does get past the linebackers he's gone but focus on stopping the plays that ur opponent is running and you can stop him. he's one of those guys for me that if u make a mistake he's gone but i can keep him bottled up most of the game.
Back to top Go down
HeadHoncho32
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-01, 14:01

Um sounds like you suck
any run is easy to stop
then if he in the flats catch him when he catches it
not hard to stop at all
Back to top Go down
http://uptowns.net/community
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-01, 14:37

HeadHoncho32 wrote:
Um sounds like you suck
any run is easy to stop
not hard to stop at all

I'd love to play you and shut you up but I'm not a ****** so I don't have a PS3.
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-01, 14:40

hof8231 wrote:
HeadHoncho32 wrote:
Um sounds like you suck
any run is easy to stop
not hard to stop at all

I'd love to play you and shut you up but I'm not a ****** so I don't have a PS3.

hahahaha nice
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-01, 17:50

johnson really is a pain in the ass on this madden he is overated. if he was this nice, titans wouldn't be 0-3
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-01, 18:35

its sick how good they made cj in this game.i was playing em n the dude got hurt and was still bouncing off my guys and running around em while holding his hamstring and running 70 yards.e.a. needs to learn a little thing called a.i. adaptation.all ppl do is sweep left or sweep right with c.j. its pathetic.no more run commit so it makes it that much harder.i can contain him most of the time but as good as this game is thats 1 of a few pathetic things.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-02, 00:37

yeah i run into the same problems when i play against the titans. people come out it goaline and run sweeps and power o wit CJ. i can contain em for most of the game but its ridiculous how many tackles that dude breaks he's really not that good
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-02, 02:54

just blitz the run to stop it but if cj get's the ball in the flat thats easy to stop (just user tackle) i got good MLB though demeco ryans and cato june brian cushing lol i love playing against the titans
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-02, 13:32

Yeah, it's not all people that play as the Titans that I'm worried about, it's the ones who build cheesy, nearly flawless schemes with him Usually goalline sweeps, hb screens, or hbds are what I can't stop.
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-02, 14:50

as a titan user this convo is assuming to me. but really....cj breaks every tackle? since when? and he's good for tosses and passes but he's not a inside runner at all, especially compared to lendale's 84 str 94 trk 97 car

i do think he's that good tho...if he's not that good then let's bring down matt forte, frank gore, d. williams, etc. go back and look at cj stats last year...compare them...then check out what he did to the mighty ravens before he got hurt in the playoffs. check out what he did to the texans....all while splitting carries. hell just youtube him if ya still think he's overrated.

the problem isn't cj is too good... the problem is the person defending him.

now A.P. on the other hand... that's who the convo should be about.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-02, 14:58

i would'nt give cj much credit for what he did to the texans thats just bad defence any rb could maybe do that to the texans. their D is f*cking pathetic smh but cj is good though a very dangerous player (im talking about in real life)
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-02, 15:05

jayfury wrote:
as a titan user this convo is assuming to me. but really....cj breaks every tackle? since when? and he's good for tosses and passes but he's not a inside runner at all, especially compared to lendale's 84 str 94 trk 97 car

i do think he's that good tho...if he's not that good then let's bring down matt forte, frank gore, d. williams, etc. go back and look at cj stats last year...compare them...then check out what he did to the mighty ravens before he got hurt in the playoffs. check out what he did to the texans....all while splitting carries. hell just youtube him if ya still think he's overrated.

the problem isn't cj is too good... the problem is the person defending him.

now A.P. on the other hand... that's who the convo should be about.

So you're saying I should be able to stop goalline sweeps and half back direct snaps with ease with one of the fastest backs in the game? I'm not incredible but I'm not terrible by any means (66-45, lvl 10. Half my losses are because of my crap connection) I can stop every runner except AP or CJ. I guess that DOES mean that I have some work to do but you have to admit he is overrated in the game.
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-02, 18:06

well for one, i will not admit that he's overrated. hard to stop? yes, but he's hard to stop for in real life. but def not overrated.

i'm 37-14 lvl 9 (loss 3 times legit. rest are the cheaters and d/c's)
and there have been people that gave me a very hard time running. so i
know it can be done. my thing is. if all you can't stop is the
toss/sweep, then protect the outside more. that's what i do vs A.P.

try using cb blitz, contains, spreading the line and manually guarding the toss. oh yeah...hit stick that fool. he will fumble eventually.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-03, 14:05

^^^^^^^^ lol bullshit. u only lost 3 times. why does everyone say that? "half my losses are from DCs", "most of my losses are from cheaters", "all my losses are from glitchers"

what glitches and cheats are you kids running into? I'm 146-34 lvl 26 AvgOpp 12 and every single one of my losses are from not being able to stop someone on offense, them having a very good defense that i couldn't figure out, me making terrible plays, or the madden gods being angry at me. i've had maybe 5 DCs from either having to leave or my connection dying.
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-03, 14:45

Literally half of my losses are DCs....i really don't care if you don't believe me. I often forget that I'm downloading a torrent and leave it going when I'm playing and for some reason that causes me to get DCd from games.
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-03, 16:45

CJ is a beast, I love his agility in this game. I racked up 368 and 6 TD's with him on some poor sap... running between the tackles as well, not just tosses. I like to make reads and use different runs to beat certain D (Dive, off-tackle, toss, counter, etc). I revolve a lot of my offense around the 2 RB's, but Kenny Britt and Scaife are actually nice.
Back to top Go down
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-04, 00:34

huh1231 wrote:
^^^^^^^^ lol bullshit. u only lost 3 times. why does everyone say that? "half my losses are from DCs", "most of my losses are from cheaters", "all my losses are from glitchers"

what glitches and cheats are you kids running into? I'm 146-34 lvl 26 AvgOpp 12 and every single one of my losses are from not being able to stop someone on offense, them having a very good defense that i couldn't figure out, me making terrible plays, or the madden gods being angry at me. i've had maybe 5 DCs from either having to leave or my connection dying.

THATS THE TRUTH right here
the only time i've lost is when i can't stop someone same here man
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-04, 00:40

if i lose '''''''it's because....time ran out!!!!!!nuff said...U..SWAG.. Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? 584266 Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? 584266
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-04, 01:35

If i lose its because of my quarterback. Smile
Back to top Go down
miked152
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
miked152

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-04, 13:49

hof8231 wrote:
Literally half of my losses are DCs....i really don't care if you don't believe me. I often forget that I'm downloading a torrent and leave it going when I'm playing and for some reason that causes me to get DCd from games.

Then download torrents faster. Thats not an excuse for d/c's. Now if you have DSL or something, or live in the Appalachian Mnts. then yea its an excuse
Back to top Go down
M A D N 3 S S x
New MS Member
New MS Member
M A D N 3 S S x

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-04, 13:56

i have no problem with ppl who use cj and out run me on the play thats my fault. it does bother me when hes got ngata and lewis on his back,and drags them 5 yds down field after i hit him in the back field. i mean c'mon get real
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-05, 00:00

huh1231 wrote:

i can care less about what you or anyone on this site thinks so what do i gain by lying? like i said... as of right now i only lost 3 times online. you can kick rocks and take that bs somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-05, 05:27

lol jayfury tell me about these glitches. I'm sure the folks here at MS would love hear about these glitchers u keep running into that no one in the madden community has ran into. the major madden tourneys have only banned 2 things HBDS and Kickoff block.

for those of you that dont know at tourneys they can't ban something in the middle of the tourney. last year 1 guy at the first tourny that year had WR direct snap, no one else knew about it so he almost won with that s*** because they can't ban during the tourney. if someone came into a tourney with QB walk last year before the directors knew about it they would of had to let them continue that bullshit for end the tourney right there. point is they can't keep a tourney going and ban something in the middle of it. i guess what i'm trying to say jayfury is if the top madden players who don't play online and spend their entire waking hours looking for glitches/exploits haven't found anything other than HBDS (which IMO is only marginally glitchy) who are u playing that has something worse? and what exactly do they have? IMO HBDS can be contained decently so please enlighten us on the types of glitches that u keep running into?

or should i assume you DCed 14 times out of ur 17 losses?

btw you obviously care about what everyone thinks or else you would have simply said I'm 31-17. the reason u pointed out specifically that u've only lost "really" 3 times is because you want to be regarded as a skilled player therefore making ur advice legitimate.

you sir are an idiot
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty2009-10-05, 14:56

ok you, huh1231, just said a whole bunch of gibberish talking bout tourneys and hbds and what not, so we'll get back to the point...

pay attention now... only 3 games that i played AND finished (i don't quit btw), with zero time left on the clock, were with me having less points than my opponent. (read that again until you get it)

my quote... "(loss 3 times legit. rest are the cheaters and d/c's)"

rather you want to believe it or not there are ways to glitch the connection. (google it) i'm sure if you are playing in MS tourneys then you never run across those kind of people...fair enough, BUT, if you play on the regular EA servers against random people you don't really know (which i have), then you will come across cheaters that are just sore losers. there are ebooks out there show how to do it and everything. but i'll forgive your ignorance.

and huh1231, right about me pointing out my record to make my advice legitimate, it was a response to the poster before me. but there goes that ignorance again.

i still don't care what ya think. my previous post is about chris johnson and why i think he's not overrated based on what he's done and compared to others with similar ovr ratings.

i'll leave the internet name calling alone...too grown for all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?   Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it even possible to stop Chris Johnson?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next