Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gregory
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-30

SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty
PostSubject: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-09-30, 21:50

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE WHEN MAKING THE LINE ADJUSTMENTS...? IT APPEARS THAT WHEN YOU NEED TO PASS, THE BEST ADJUSTMENT TO MAKE IS TO 'PINCH' THE LINE. IS THIS CORRECT...?
Back to top Go down
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-10-01, 00:34

you don't have to pinch the line i throw the ball maybe 85% of the time and i don't even mess with the line lol and i play with the lions the worst OL and i pass just fine if u get sacked maybe your holding on to the ball to long

why? what's your problem when you try to pass
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-10-01, 12:23

The only time I use the line adjustments (when passing) is when I see an over load in the middle or to the side. In that case use pinch when they are coming up the middle and slide protect to each side that is overloaded. If there is no pressure or the defense looks normal don't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-10-01, 13:33

Sometimes you just have to get rid of the ball quickly. Especially with people who nano. You have to hit slants and drags. I notice that when I slide protect sometimes to stop and overload it let's somebody come through from the other side. So I just try to get the ball out quick. Pinch would probably be the best call because you know to just worry about the outside blitz which takes a tad longer to get to the QB.
Back to top Go down
overlord2003
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-10-01, 19:07

when do you use the aggressive one then?
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-10-01, 19:50

That's mainly for the run
Back to top Go down
gregory
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-10-01, 21:44

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES. IT HAS HELPED SOME. I BELIEVE I NEED TO GET RID OF THE BALL SOONER. WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING THE BALL, WHEN DO YOU USE THE SLIDE PROTECTION...?
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty2009-10-01, 22:52

this one is trial and error. If you notice when you play a game, the running game gets better as the game progresses. The lineman start blocking better and so forth. You kinda have to try your luck a little. If you see a lot of dudes stacking the outside because they know your running...slide protect to the side they over load. If you see guys come up the middle, play with aggressive and pinch protection. This is more instinctive than anything because you never really know whos gonna shed blocks first.
You have to look at the defensive scheme...when you figure it out, you will run all over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING   SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING Empty

Back to top Go down

SLIDE ADJUSTMENTS - PASSING
Page 1 of 1