Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Breaking gang tackles?

Go down 
+14
SdGator
stinky_night_gown
VontaeD24
Crunk
DaddyxBooKouT
abfootball
wopper29
Fudopi is That Dude
DyNaMicakaDNM
pkismyname
BlackMassRevrend
W A V Y D R E
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
360Ravens
18 posters
AuthorMessage
360Ravens
New MS Member
New MS Member
360Ravens

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Breaking gang tackles? Empty
PostSubject: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 13:02

This is something that is pretty unrealistic.... i was running with Willie Parker once and got grabbed by like Ray Lewis, Trevor Price, Terrell Suggs and Jarret Johnson. They stopped me in my tracks and i managed to break free... I mean willie is only like 210 or something and powered through nearly a 1000lbs... and he's a speed back lol!

I understand like Jacobs breaking like a 2 guy tackle but Willie breaking a 4 guy tackle... i mean come on, be serious....

Any of you guys ever broke some ridiculous 7 man tackle with like some tiny dude?
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 13:06

Nope ive never yet, and i play with my steelers, any tips on breaking gang tackles??? is it up on the Right stick a lot?
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 13:07

ye with jones drew... but yo its a madden.. anythin can happen brah
Back to top Go down
BlackMassRevrend
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BlackMassRevrend

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 13:09

I have broken a few with McGahee.I honestly just mash up on the stick and press the COVER BALL (R1 on PS3) with reckless abandon and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.
Back to top Go down
http://will_dimonde@yahoo.com
360Ravens
New MS Member
New MS Member
360Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 13:11

[quote="xRideTheBus36xx"]Nope ive never yet, and i play with my steelers, any tips on breaking gang tackles??? is it up on the Right stick a lot?[/quote

Not sure, after i stopped moving i wasn't even looking at the screen because i thought they would get me to the ground. Then i heard John Madden say 'he breaks free' or something so i just picked up the control and ran to the endzone..
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 13:12

oh iight ill see if dat works mass
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 14:21

if trapped spam the right stick in all directions.

When using addai if 1 person on me I move the right stick to the opposite side of the tackle to break free.

If ganged just spam that s***.
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 16:12

theres no real way to break 3-4 man gang tackles like that. all it pretty much is is an unrealistic animation that occurs and the RB springs free. you can tell its meant to be a td too because for some reason, the rest of the defense stop with their pursuit to the ball. Its just one of them EA moments in the game that got you going "UNBELIEVABLE"!
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 17:01

did you look at the replay?

Cause if you use like Jacobs or something, he just powers right through, but usually you see a smaller speed back like, pop out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
wopper29
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 18:06

way to many broken tackles in madden
Back to top Go down
abfootball
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 18:27

That s*** happened to me, i was leading by a FG and had to punt with 3secs left on the clock, thought game was mine, dude was using a CB to PR i grab him with think it was 5-6 ppl, calculated that the CB was 180lbs and my gang had bout 1100lbs against him he broke thru and out ran the rest for a td.
Back to top Go down
360Ravens
New MS Member
New MS Member
360Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-23, 18:38

ye i just watched the new strategise video on the dashboard and the woman says to keep flicking the right stick up to break out... its funny when your the one on offense, but it is so unrealistic...
Back to top Go down
DaddyxBooKouT
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 11:13

45 yard TD with Grant this morning. I got the gang tackle thing, like 9 10 man break.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 11:14

I actually hate the gang tackle breaks. It seems everytime I get more than 2 people in on the tackle, they break it for a huge run.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 16:05

Frank gore...I have vsed the Ravens (like you), Giants,Titans and Eagles and every game he goes like 18 for 189yards.Difficulty is all pro but he still breaks mad tackles and can outrun ALL safeties in stride. The way I think of it is at least its not happening against me.Only time it did was Maroney breaking free from Jason Taylor,Akin Ayodele,and Will Allen but whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://AskMadden24@gmail.com
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 18:02

this bs has happened to me, both for me and against me. man i was pissed when sproles broke a kr on me cuz he broke so many efing tackles. but yea, i just hold up on the right stick and nothin more...JUST HOLD UP right when your gona get tackled, and keep holding it up.

but it is cool when it's in your favor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 18:22

I jus mash the highlight stick if I get stood up....maybe 1 outta 4 LT will break...not realistic but makes it fun...haven't had it happen much against me. But I kno id b pissed to but yeah its madden...I saw this in the trailer and I already knew people were gonna b pissed about this.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 18:32

deangelo williams broke 2 gang tackles against fudgy and the giants earlier today and i scored off of them...i was jus slamming the hit stick to and holding it idk man seems like they do it wen ever they feel like it...cj did it to me too me also with bradshaw but i was controllin somoene else and stopped em before he scored so idk...its fun and its like OMG no he didnt but yeah not too realistic but aye s*** happens
Back to top Go down
carlo874
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 18:45

i think it happens whenever one of the players in the gang tackle trys to strip it.... i had 5 people on top of sproles during a kick return so i thought it would be good idea to try to get the ball out... and that was actually a very very bad idea lol
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 20:21

Two words...Michael Turner. Ive broke a couple gang tackles with him....
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 20:21

They want to make every game seem like the "Greatest Game" so by adding this, it would increase excitement for the person playing O.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-24, 20:27

pkismyname wrote:
They want to make every game seem like the "Greatest Game" so by adding this, it would increase excitement for the person playing O.

It does make the game a lot more exciting, for both sides of the ball.

Although in real life plays like that happen 3 or 4 times a season probly...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty2009-08-25, 17:14

Those situations are typically a relatively safe time to strip the ball in real life. I think that it wouldn't be too bad if they also made the game so that while trying to break a gang tackle also put you more at risk of a fumble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking gang tackles?   Breaking gang tackles? Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking gang tackles?
Page 1 of 1