Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Tigers v. Red Sox fight

Go down 
+8
Playaboy23
beeman999
BOSTN BEANER
Baseballa
xSnitcheSx
Wreckless718
enyo24
Fudopi is That Dude
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 13:31

i cant wait to see waht happens in the next game today..i no for a fact someone is going to get hit haha
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 13:34

Yea but u wouldn't stand a chance in an argument with me... Everyone wants to say let's not talk about boston and I'm tellin you all why not? We still lead the wildcard after bein on our worst losing streak of the season and the worst part of the season is over.. Don't dismiss the sox cuz we don't lead the east... The way junichi tazawa pitched who knows maybe he's what we expected from smoltz.. He gave up 3 runs in the first after two double play balls that were fucked up by pedroia... Then he settled down and gave up zero runs threw the next 5 innings... Beckett is having a monster season and lester after starting rough is having a hell ova season.. Our pitching depth is coming through.. I never said u don't talk baseball but u don't want to in this argument!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 13:39

yeah, the AL east is the toughest divison in baseball and winning it usually means your the best team in baseball. Id love to win the division but if we get the wildcard thats fine cause everyone knows what the sox can do in the playoffs and no one wants to play us in the plaoffs.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 13:43

I almost guarantee no one gets beand tonight..if someone does it won't be on purpose!
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 13:45

yeah both teams are in a playoff race and they cant afford to have any players out for a long period of time
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 13:47

Nope no one wants to see us in the playoffs! Just ask rob!
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 13:58

hahahahahaha...angels suck!
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:00

boston will make it to the playoffs but they wont do s*** when the get there
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:06

Sounds like ur thinkin about the falcons to me!
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:09

you no it Smile

the falcons will do work this season
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:11

no hes saying the Falcons wont do s*** in the playoffs
Back to top Go down
Ketcham While They're Hot
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:14

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
Nope no one wants to see us in the playoffs! Just ask rob!

You know that I won't talk s*** about the playoffs until we beat you, but that doesn't mean that the Angels don't have a legitimate chance at beating the Red Sox in the playoffs. We are a very well rounded team who can hang with anyone. We are leading the MLB in batting average and runs per game. The last time we led the MLB in batting average was 2002, so that sounds pretty good to me. Ervin Santana pitched his greatest game of the season last night, Lackey is back to his dominance and Jered Weaver is a flat out beast this season. Also, Matt Palmer and O'Sullivan are beasting it as spot starters and we have a rookie Trevor Bell making his debut tonight.

At this point in time, it's not very easy to say who would beat who in the playoffs. The Angels, Red Sox and Yankees have all shown that they are legitimate teams that can beat any team on any given night. In no way am I "scared" to face the Red Sox in the playoffs just because of our recent failures against them when it matters the most.

I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about Boston because they're in the wild card spot because I do know that as long as they make the playoffs, they can cause some damage. I am just saying all this site talks about is the Red Sox, even when they're the least significant playoff team at the moment. By least significant, I mean they are the only one's not leading the division. I was only saying it would be nice if more people paid attention or cared to discuss the division leaders like the Tigers, Yankees and Angels.

If anyone cares to respond with an unbiased, educated response, feel free to do so. If you don't think you can accomplish that, then by all means, don't even bother.
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:19

Ketcham,
You make some good points there and I was joking when I said the angels suck. I know they are a dominant team and have dominated their division for a while now. I have a lot respect for that pitching staff. As for your hitting, I love Chone Figgins and Bobby Abreu and as long as Vlad is hitting that lineup is deadly. Right now the sox are really struggling even though they seem to be coming out of it. I would love to play the angels in playoffs because it is always a good series.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:30

enyo24 wrote:
Ketcham,
You make some good points there and I was joking when I said the angels suck. I know they are a dominant team and have dominated their division for a while now. I have a lot respect for that pitching staff. As for your hitting, I love Chone Figgins and Bobby Abreu and as long as Vlad is hitting that lineup is deadly. Right now the sox are really struggling even though they seem to be coming out of it. I would love to play the angels in playoffs because it is always a good series.

Chone Figgins is one of the coolest cats in the major leagues lol and Abreu was definitely one of the most underrated free agent signings of this past offseason. While Vladdy is my daddy, you can't forget that Torii is about to start his minor league rehab in order to return to the majors soon. With those four, Napoli and Morales hitting like they have been, Aybar running up his batting average, Kendrick coming back into focus and our multitude of outfielders (Willits, Rivera, Matthews Jr.) stepping up when they need to, it'd be very hard to beat the Angels on any given day.

Still, I know the Red Sox offense has been struggling, but we all know it won't stay that way forever. They have to have the most stacked roster in the league with Ellsbury, Pedroia, Big Papi, Youk, Martinez, Drew, Lowell...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Then, with their rotation, you can never count them out. Lester didn't start out so hot, but now he's beasting it with the best of them. Saunders, on the other hand, is going in the opposite direction. He started out so well and is now struggling. Hopefully he will come off of his 15-day DL stint though and be the pitcher he was at the beginning of the season.
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:33

we may have one of the most stacked lineups but until they start performing we wont be going anywhere.

I loved seeing bay hit that HR last night.
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:34

sox and angels are 2 of the best teams in the bigs no doubt stop arguing now its pointless both teams will be in playoffs
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:36

nah the rays are a strong team and the sox and step off the pedal for a second or they will pass us
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:46

beeman999 wrote:
sox and angels are 2 of the best teams in the bigs no doubt stop arguing now its pointless both teams will be in playoffs

I'm certainly not arguing. I'm just pointing out how good the Angels are while still showing that I understand the Red Sox are a formidable opponent as well. I'm just talking baseball...

And Enyo, I can't believe I forgot Jason Bay. He is an Angel killer!
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 14:58

yeah no arguments here, just a little bit af trash talk and a lot of baseball talk
Back to top Go down
Wheels7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-20, 16:23

Porcello is a boss. F the boston fagggotsox
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-08-20, 16:28

Ahhhhh we got another hater in the building!! Go sox!
Back to top Go down
xMattex
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xMattex

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-09-07, 09:08

Well, looks like my boys and the Sawx have a little rivalry brewing...

Porcello tossing Youkilis down was great. I have great respect for Youk, but he got what he deserved.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xthedarkersideoflifex
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-09-07, 09:23

Haha he gets "what he deserves" all the time.. Been hit more times then anyone in the AL... Its all good he's our MVP and hasn't been hurt by any of the HBP.. Its all part of baseball.. I don't think its a rivalry but if boston beats LA in the playoffs and det finds a way past NY I could see a brawl in the ALCS coming.. Especially with victor catching behind tek.. Them two both have heart and don't take jawing from hitters when they accidentally get hit and take it personal..
Back to top Go down
xMattex
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xMattex

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-09-07, 09:29

Kevin does take a lot of HBP, and it's ridiculous, but that series we kept throwing balls at each other. It was crazy. I have a lot of respect for the Sox, but they're turning into the new Evil Empire in a lot of people's eyes.

As for the Red Sox, they have enough firepower to hold off the Rangers in the Wild-card. I really don't wanna win this division and head to Yankees Stadium, but...looks like we will. :/ Ugh. Lol.

Victor Martinez has been a great pickup for Boston, and Tek might be good as gone after this season.
Back to top Go down
xMattex
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xMattex

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty2009-09-07, 09:30

Oh yeah, you guys seem to always play LA-A and beat the hell out of them. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers v. Red Sox fight   Tigers v. Red Sox fight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tigers v. Red Sox fight
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next