Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts

Go down 
+5
EggzOverEazy
Big Twin75
beeman999
PapaSmurf
SdGator
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-28, 21:27

Ok in Parentheses is what I felt they should have been rated before the draft and after the draft is what I felt they should be rated on Madden 10

FEEL Free to comment and put ur two cents in about your team or what you think the ratings should be. But at least provide some sort of explanation. enjoy

Lions- (68)-71

(made some decent free agent moves especially bringing in Buchannon at CB which gives them the much needed Speed at DB, should be rated a little bit better but still not breaking 70 IMO)

• Post Draft, the Lions filled met their biggest needs in the Draft(for once!) and should be much improved this year still one of the lowest rated teams but will be much more effective on Madden 10 than on 09.

Rams- (72)- 73

(don't see much change for next year, losing Holt doesn't really help even if he is old he ran great routes had good height and was still 90-92 speed don’t see them being much better next year might even drop a little)

• Post Draft, the Rams did a good job in the draft but didn’t really blow me away. They had very solid round 1 and 2 picks met almost all their needs would have liked to seen them go after another receiver a little earlier with round 3 or 4 there were still plenty of talented receivers available then. They should receive marginal boost in rating from this draft.

Browns- (75)- 77

( terrible year last year, Their secondary is probably one of the worst in the game outside of the Lions they take probably a 4-6 point hit on their rating)

• Post Draft, I liked what the Browns did in the draft. Also liked that they got 2 solid, bigger WRs in the 2nd round both have reliable hands and should provide some more weapons. The addressed most of their needs and added a nice late round value in James Davis the RB out of Clemson. I think he might be a sleeper this year and have a decently productive season in the time he does get on the field if anything happens to Jamal Lewis I think this kid can step in and prove himself. Should see a slight raise in rating from where I had them before the draft.

Chiefs- (76)- 74

( The Chiefs were competitive towards the end of the year and now with bringing in some Vets on D and getting Cassel who has confidence and is going to have a familiar scheme look for them to improve a bit from last year.)

• Post Draft, not sold on what they did this year in the draft yet. I still think they should have gone Curry over Jackson. They didn’t fill all their needs so I guess they are happy where they are or will look to sign some more FA or something. I think they did ok in this draft and looks like they are trying to find some small school talent that they can get some value out of. I think they actually lose some rating points from where I had them also due to the Loss of Tony Gonzalez which wasn’t done at the time of the original ranting.

49ers- (78) – 79

( I think they made big strides as a team when Singletary took over last year. This one is mostly for their Defense tho. If their Offense was as good as their D they would probably be in the mid to low 80s)

• Post Draft, They couldn’t have been in more luck when Crabbtree fell to them at #10. Easily a top 5 pick and the most clutch receiver in the draft. Don’t let the lack of 40 time fool you. He’s not a burner but Madden wise he should be at the highest a 93 speed no lower than a 91 speed, they will have to update that 88 speed they gave him on draft day. He can run in the 4.4 range and they should adjust accordingly. He is going to be a monster in this game. Best hands and ball skills in a college receiver in a long time. They filled pretty much all their holes. Don’t think Nate Davis was a good QB choice but I don’t see him competing anyways they should have used the pick to find the best available Lineman and signed a rookie FA QB after the draft would have been a better pick. I think they might break into the 80s but still not sure, gave them a generous rating boost already so don’t think they go much higher.

Raiders- (78)- 78

( Speed and young players getting some confidence. They looked much better the second half of the season. They added depth at QB by signing Garcia and someone to help push and mentor Russell. They have found some decent young receivers and they know they have a nice backfield with their 3 headed monster. They embarrassed the Bucs at home in the season finale and went out on a high note to set the tone for 10. Hate to say it but I think they are might hit .500 this year or be close like 7-9.)

• Post draft, well what can you say about the raiders, just when you think they are headed in the right direction they throw darts at the draft board. I guess they just say F*** it he is our guy and we are getting him even if we could get him 10 picks or 2 rounds later. They ignored the fact that they needed help out the OL and give Jamarcus time to get the ball to those weapons. Typical Raiders tho just go after the skill positions. We will see but They didn’t really help themselves out that much outside of WR in this draft. No rating increase after draft.

Bengals- (79)- 82

(disappointed last year but had injuries too. not much change I think they drop maybe 1 point for losing T.J. but they do pick up Laverneous Coles but doesn't replace the red zone target they had in TJ. However this could be a + or - rating I wouldn’t be surprised if they were a couple higher or lower)

• Post Draft, Bengals actually had a great draft. Andre Smith will prove the critics wrong he is a beast and just made some bad decisions. Got great Value in Maualuga who will be a beast along side of his old teammate Rivers. Michael Jonson will be a beast on the edge. Will probably be more of a beast on Madden than in real life. But he is a good value in the 3rd round with his freakish size and athletic ability. Could grow into a dominant DE. TE Chase Coffman was a great value too. They made good picks throughout the draft and should get them back into the 80s.

Seahawks – (79)- 80

(The only reason im dropping their rating is because of their performance last year and they will probably take a hit for that. But really I wouldn’t be surprised if they were in the mid 80’s. T.J. Houz. Was a huge WR pick up for them this offseason and will provide a nice target for a healthy Hasselbeck or a more experienced Wallace. They have one of the better linebacking corps in the league and a nice D Line. They also have good speed at the CB position. Should be a tough team to play if you have someone good behind the sticks. But again they probably take a slight hit due to last years performance. T.J. helps keep them from falling much tho.)

• Post Draft, simple really Aarron Curry holds the value of this draft class. They did a good job outside of that too. Deon Butler will give them a bit more speed at receiver, they got good value with the rest of their picks and answered most of their needs. Move up a point maybe two at most.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-28, 21:29

Broncos – (80)- 82

(not much change. Had the Cutler deal not gone down they would be higher especially since they brought in B. Dawk to solve on of their problems on D which was their horrific safety play. This rating will probably change a bit after the draft since they have 2 picks in the top 20. Between Marshal and Royal they have two very good receivers. They are pretty much a middle of The road team as of right now. Their D was terrible last year and they will take a hit for their performance.)

• Post Draft, u either love it or hate it but looks like they are building the team they want their way. Moreno is the back they have been missing. He is faster than people think and is very talented in the receiving game as well. Has good size and can handle the load. They got great value with Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round. They look happy to go into the season with Orton, Simms and their draft pick Tom Brandstater. They still need to address the DL. But overall they did well and have plenty of picks next year too. 2 point increase.

NY Jets- (80)- 84

( no QB yet they lost whatever they had with Favre leaving, lost Coles to the Bengals, still have a nice running game tho. Picked up some nice additions on D in Scott and the SS Leonhard. If they had a QB they would be going up but I think they drop a couple points due to no experience at QB and how they fell off down the stretch.)

• Post Draft, They got the QB they wanted just hope he is the hype cuz they didn’t get much after that. However I think Shonn Greene was a great pick up in the 3rd round think that kid should have gone higher. They still need more help at WR though and a few other spots they need to address but this should help them out with a 3-4 point raise. Sanchez will be a very effective QB in Madden 10. THP, THA ratings similar to Matt Schaub, maybe slightly more mobile tho.

Packers – (81)- 85

(very disappointing year after starting out well. This is where I think they should be rated but they will probably be higher cause I know how madden is. They still have a lot of weapons on offense. Their D is pretty solid up front but their Secondary is getting older and are losing a step or two. I just don’t see them being anywhere above mid 80’s this year.)

• Post Draft, Packers had an excellent draft and answered all their needs and did it early so they should be looking good next year. Raji and Matthews was a huge pick up. They will have a sick linebacking corps next year. Raji will be a beast. They also added 2 offensive linemen to help give Rogers more time and help the running game. 4 Point increase with the quality and focus of this draft.

Texans – (83)- 85

( One of the bigger jumps think they could even be slightly higher. This might be the year the Texans get over .500 and maybe slip into the playoffs. But will still be tough even with a winning record to make it in the AFC 9 or 10 wins isn't a lock. We know what they have on offense with Andre Johnson, Walter, Davis and Jones. Slaton was money last year and exceeded expectations. They added Cato June to the LB corps which should provide some nice leadership and speed to the D. Demeco Ryans is nice in the Middle they have some quick young outside linebackers that should gain some ratings points this year. They need to get another DE to compliment Williams. DTs are Average. Of course they need some secondary help mainly at the Safety position both SS and FS. )

• Post Draft, Texans had a good draft. Cushing will provide some much needed help to the Linebacking corps. Chushing, Ryans, and June should be a nice set of linebackers. They added a solid pass rusher on the other side of Mario Williams to help balance the DL. Should be a nice tandem Connor Barwin is big and has great quickness. Added two cornerbacks that have great speed and could develop into nice CBs. The 6th round pick out of Utah Brice McCain is said to become one of the most speedy corners in the NFL if he makes the team, needs to work on his coverage skills so he is a little raw. One of the more interesting picks was James Casey for his versatility and should provide more creativity for an already deadly offense. They didn’t take a WR or RB a backup running back to pound it would have been nice to help out Slaton, but it looks like they are comfortable with what they got and I would be too Slaton is a beast. I think Javon Ringer would have been a nice addition in the later rounds he was still there. 2 point raise cant raise them much more since already gave them a big raise from last year. Would have liked to see them grab another WR and RB for depth. They might use James Casey as a possession receiver tho with his 6’3” size and athletic ability.

Jaguars- (84)- 86

( very disappointing season after their 08 run. Lost Peterson at MLB, Lost 2 or 3 WRs and their tallest one in Jones also lost some depth at RB but shouldn't hurt them too much overall maybe a few points. Holt helps but not enough to make up for what they lost.)

• At first I wasn’t sure about this draft but they got some great value and improved their O and D from the inside Out. Two OT that could have both been 1st round picks. Eugene Monroe could have been a top 4 pick. This should help David Gerrard greatly. They should get great value out of their skill position picks they made in the later rounds, Rashad Jennings might be this years Tim Hightower and become that goaline TD vulture. He is a big boy at 6’1” 231 lbs. a nice spell to MJD. They still need to get some help at LB and depth at QB would be nice hopefully some rookie FA or some players will be released they can sign to add some depth to those positions. 2 point raise.

Bills- (85)- 86

(started hot but fell off, Picking up T.O. was huge gives them a nice set of 4-5 WRs, one of the better Receiver groups in the game as far as Madden goes. Nice running game and Solid D. Need some more D line help but the main cause for the jump will be due to picking up T.O. and their competitiveness last year, a lot of people will be running with them.)

• Post Draft, They helped their pass rush big time with Aaron Maybin who I think will turn into a Dwight Freeney type of player. They had an average draft overall tho. They got a few good value picks. Maybe they move Nic Harris out of OU to OLB since his speed is a little slow for an NFL safety and he is about 6’2” 234. Marginal rating increase.

Saints – (86)- 87

( a little bit disappointing last year but not much worse than what I personally expected out of them. They made some moves and brought in some help on D, I think they lose a point or stay about the same.)

• Post Draft, Honestly I think they made good first round and 4th round picks. They were very limited in the number of picks they had and would have liked to see them grab a RB with the 5th round pick instead of a punter. I don’t care how good a punter is, if that’s my last pick in the draft and it’s the 5th round I get a skill position player, if it was pick 230 something in the 7th round then maybe I can see it. But Punters can be picked up as Rookie FAs easily. They should have grabbed the best available running back in the 5th round. Overall a decent draft and addressed most of their needs with limited picks. 1 point raise.

Bucs – (87)- 88

( my Bucs couldn't get it done down the stretch. They fell flat with 4 games to go and being 9-3 they failed to win another game including being blown out at home to the Chargers and Raiders and they only needed 1 to make the playoffs. No proven proven QB, Some nice big receivers tho. Bryant was a monster last year. TEs to spare with Winslow, Alex Smith and Jeremy Stevens (6' 7") Running game should be nice with Ward, Graham, and Cadillac should be ready to go since his injury at the end of the season wasn’t that serious. They let go of a lot of players and are rebuilding. Signed Leftwitch who on Madden if his ratings stay the same would seem like they guy you want in. Has the most THP (94 or 95) and decent THA (around mid 80s). The main reason for the drop in points is due to their fall off at the end of the year and all the players they lost, the incoming talent that they signed helped keep them in the mid to high 80s. They probably don't get a rating under 85 next year at worst.)Post Draft, I like what the Bucs did this year. 1 they did something they haven’t done in years and that is go out an get a QB in the 1st round whether he turns out to be the real deal is still to be seen but I like what it says about the direction they are heading. Then I like that right away they got back to D which is what has defined them for years. They got a solid DT, a nice sized athletic DE to help with the pass rush giving them
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-28, 21:31

• depth behind Gaines Adams and Greg White. And a solid OT. Outside of their 4 picks the other 2 will have to fight really hard to make the team but could at least add some depth but that’s about it. Overall I think the bucs had a decent draft could have been better but I think they got what they wanted. Marginal rating raise 2 points at the best most likely just 1 tho.

Redskins-(88)- 89

(Disappointed after starting the season hot. Have some nice offensive weapons. 2 tall Wrs with decent speed and of course Moss and randle el. The main reason they don't drop and actually gain a point is because of Haynesworth, plain and simple he is a monster in the middle. They have a nice set of safeties and one of the better CB groups in the league. Should be a very effective madden team next year.)

• Post Draft, I like what the Redskins did in the draft. I like that they focused on D. I think Orakpo is going to be a monster on D with Haynesworth lined up next to him opposing OLs will have their hands full. I actually really like what they did with their last pick and think he actually will make the team due to lack of offensive picks this year. They got another 6’4” receiver with great speed for his size. So u put Devin Thomas, Malcom Kelly, and Marko Mitchell now out There and you have one of the tallest groups of receivers in the league. Moss for speed, Randel El for versatility and dependability then you got a trio of tall receivers that have decent speed. They got most of their needs covered but I still only give them a 1 point raise just cuz I cant see them being over an 89.

Bears– (88)- 89

(Cutler, that’s the main reason they get a ratings boost. Also the play of rookie RB Matt Forte also plays into the gain as well. Their D will be solid as a rock as always. They still need to improve their receiving corps but Cutler will help make their Passing game better with his ability to stretch the field. Cutler to Hester might be seen often next year. Their TEs are solid and Are good pass catchers. Their play was pretty much about what most expected last year they almost made a push for the playoffs and expect them to be making a push this year as well.)

• Post Draft, had a solid draft despite not having a day 1 pick. They got great value up and down their board. Went out and grabbed some more weapons for Jay Cutler and won’t have to pay them an arm and a leg either. Also got some great value on D especially D.J. Moore CB out of Vanderbilt. Henry Melton is an interesting prospect at DE, 6’3” 260 a former running back, ran a 4.65 40 at the Texas pro day. The Bears did the most with what they had. They filled up all their needs still only a marginal rating boost considering the bulk of their boost comes from the Cutler Trade prior to the draft.

Dolphins– (89)- 91

(I think they receive a nice boost in rankings with how well they played last year being the main reason. One of the stronger running games on madden Ronnie Brown is a beast to bring down rarely goes down on 1st sometimes not even second hit and almost always falls forward. QB will still be a question Pennington is accurate but has no arm strength to throw the deep ball to take advantage of Ginn’s 98 speed. If Henne gets some accuracy boost next year it will def help their passing game. Their Defense is very underrated in 09 in my opinion but they Should also get nice ratings boost for last years play. They will be a tough team to play against kind of like the Jags of Madden 10 IMO)

• Post Draft, I really like what the Dolphins did. They went out and got a CB with some serious skills in Vontae Davis. They add a true Wildcat Threat in Pat White and it appears they are serious about keeping this formation in their playbook, it looks like the Wildcat is here to stay for now. Sean Smith is a seriously TALL CB at 6’4” maybe they what someone to go up and get those jump balls away from Randy? But he is an intriguing prospect. They went out and got the Size they needed at WR in Turner from USC and Hartline from OSU. The Dolphins are becoming one of the most interesting teams in the league. I think they will show last year was no fluke and be in the playoffs again but they will take 2nd in their div this year. Going to be a beast of a Madden team. 2 point raise.

Falcons- (90)- 92

(one of the biggest jump in the ratings because they were the biggest surprise last year going from the bottom of the league to making it to the playoffs. Matt Ryan was about as good as a rookie QB can be last year. Turner showed he was going to be a force on the ground. They have a nice combo of power and speed and even the power guy has some juice. Nice receivers but need a big time tight end. Pelle does the job but if they get a big target TE they will be even more nasty on O. They got some help at LB by signing Mike Peterson, Lofton has a year under his belt and he already hits like a truck. they still need some more help in the secondary. I think Chris Houston is one of the more underrated players on madden. DEs are two of the better bookends in the league. U will see more and more people running with the Falcons this year. I go thru my phases on madden 09 with them they are tough to stop and Ryan is accurate as hell, in the coming years he will be the type of QB like Tom Brady that u hate to play against on Madden. )

• Post Draft, Well the biggest news came before the draft when they got TE Tony Gonzalez outta KC and they only had to give next years 2nd round pick for him. A steal in my book. This gives them a legit pass catching pro bowl TE that presents another big target for Matt Ryan. They covered all their needs would have like to seen them go with a Linebacker earlier than the 6th round. But overall a good draft since I include Tony G as part of it. Gonna be tough madden 10 team. 2 point raise.

Cowboys- (90)- 91

(Lost T.O. which in real life may be a blessing but on Madden it will effect the Boy users. should be lower than this IMO with how they played last year but they might even be higher than 90 cuz EA loves the cowboys, I just can't put them higher after seeing how they completely feel apart last year and were so over hyped. I think a lot of their players should take rating hits with how they played last year especially with how they got literally ran over by the ravens and eagles to end the year when the playoffs were within reach.)

• Post draft, well they had no day one pick. But they did get some good value in the later rounds. Nothing really blew me away about their draft overall I think it was just average and thought they could have done better with the picks they had. Obviously they are happy with what they have. 0 to 1 point gain in ratings.

Chargers- (90)- 91

( even tho they disappointed last season early they did get on a roll late and were one of the hotter teams heading into the playoffs. Battled injuries all year hopefully they can stay healthy this year. Should get a little more respect than the mid season up date that dropped them to 88 ovr. Merrimen is back and ready to go. They don't have really any holes on their team and should be very hard to deal with next year. Rivers ratings should go up next year seeing as he had a great statistical year last year. They probably won't be any higher than a 91 but are gonna be tough to deal with.)

• Post Draft, well they Chargers filled all their needs but I would have liked to see them grab a WR a little earlier than 7th round. I know Byrd could be a huge value at the point in the draft due to he was expected to be the 13th best WR before he got into a car accident just a week ago. If he makes a full recovery he couple land a spot on the team. Overall they had a good draft, Larry English is there to add some pass rush and will challenge for a starting spot now with Phillips running into some off the field issues. However I wonder if everything pans out well with Phillips if they would try to put him at MLB or try him at DE. Don’t think he would fit very well as a 3-4 DE but probably worth a try. Never know they might try him there. But he is built more like a linebacker it seems and that’s where he fits best. Marginal Raise 0-1 point.

Panthers- (91)- 92

(Would be ranked higher had they not gotten humiliated in the playoffs by the Cards at Home. That’s why I personally don't think they make much of a jump in the rankings however I could be wrong. They need more than Steve Smith for receivers. However they will be a solid team their running game will be sick. Stewart will get a ratings boost next year and so will Williams its gonna be a tough running game to stop. Need some help in the secondary IMO)

• Post Draft, They had a pretty decent draft and got great value in Everette Brown who could have easily been a top 15 pick. Will be nice addition to their pass rush and it looks like Peppers will probably end up staying there as of now. They filled most of their needs and got good value in their picks. Not sure why they drafted a RB and not a WR. They may try to turn him into a slot WR since he is a taller running back with good receiving skills. Marginal raise 0-1 points.

Giants –(92)-93

( I think they drop a little because they won't have Plaxico this year and they really struggled down the stretch and go beat down pretty good in the playoffs. I can't see a reason to raise them in the rankings only reasons to drop them.)

• Post Draft, The Giants had one of the better drafts this year. They got good value and added depth to their OL and Defense. Filled all their needs. Nicks should be a solid NFL receiver and they have a project in Rames Barden, but his 6’6” 229lbs frame should provide a nice target. Hopefully he can adjust to the physical side of the NFL because that’s one of the knocks on him right now. He should still be very effective on Madden tho. 1-2 point raise would be more had the Plax thing not gone down this past year even here they maybe a little high could see them at a 91.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-28, 21:32

Vikings –(92)- 93

( Defense is lights out however they need more speed in the secondary. On offense hopefully they give T Jackson a little love on his THA I don’t know if they will but I think maybe a few points would be ok without overrating him just cuz I think he did play better when he came in at the end of the year. They also have Rosenfels to compete now who is not bad. Not the strongest of arms but a hell of a lot more accurate than Jackson. Of course we know AP will be a monster. They played well down the stretch and were very competitive in the playoffs.)

• Post Draft, Minnesota had a very solid draft and addressed most their needs. Percy Harvin adds a multi dimensional and yet another score from anywhere on the field threat to the offense. He will be a beast on madden 10 and you will see a lot of people running with the Vikes this year with all the Speed they have on O. They also got an OT in the second round they felt could have been their 1st round pick too and were happy he was still there in round 2. 6’8” 332 lbs, Loadholt adds another monster tackle for AP to run behind. They got good depth in the later rounds for their already beastly defense. Look for the Vikes to be used heavily next year. 1-2 point raise.

Eagles–(92)- 95

(losing B Dawk ,Lito, and possibly Brown is gonna hurt, otherwise I would have them rated higher, made a nice run and were so close to making it to the super bowl but couldn’t get it done when it counted. I would like to rate them higher but I don’t think you can with what they have lost as of right now. They did gain a nice OT tho so that’s a plus. They will probably be anywhere from 92-94 next yr but I see the lower half IMO)

• Post Draft, Philly had the best draft by far. They got great value with every pick even with no 3rd and 4th round pick. Maclin is going to be better than Desean Jackson in my opinion, Its going to be one fast offense that’s for sure. Curtis, Jackson and Maclin, Westbrook and McCoy to spell him, then throw in Ingram at TE will provide a nice vertical threat in the passing game and he can also play the slot and provide a nice big target that has great hands, think Antonio Gates but slimmer with better agility and speed. They filled all their needs and picked players that can provide good depth. Also throw in the fact that they get Ellis Hobbs from NE at CB as some insurance incase Brown leaves. Oh and they also got a pro bowl OT from Buffalo to help shore up the Oline and pave the way for Westbrook and McCoy. Eagles will be scary on Madden 10. 3 point raise.

Titans – (92)- 94

( Yes they kinda stumbled down the stretch and couldn’t keep up their hot start, and yes they lost Haynesworth. But I think they will be fine. They always have a strong D. They did grab Washington a nice Tall WR with good speed from the Steelers and Chris Henry will probably be even more of a beast next year. Collins will get some more Love to his ratings I think. I think they drop off just a tad due to losing Haynesworth. I would rate them higher but can't do it with the loss of Haynesworth is a big hole to fill. But it is just one player that’s why I am only dropping them 1 point. Had they not lost him I would have had them at about a 94.)

• Post Draft, I like what the Titans did on draft day. They had a good draft, not great but good. Britt was probably the best choice for them with the WRs left a much needed addition. Jared Cook provides a vertical threat at TE, he has speed to cause serious matchup problems and can even fill in at the slot as he is faster than a lot of the WRs in this draft. They got a solid DT out of Aubrun that played in the SEC with a lot of good competition. They added more depth at LB and DB. I liked Javon Ringer a lot more than some of the backs that went ahead of him. I don’t know if it was because of his height or what that held him back, yeah he isn’t the fastest guy either but mid 4.4 speed isn’t that bad either. He should def make the team and get situational carries and help out in the RB rotation and keep fresh legs for Chris Johnson. Overall they did well, 2 point raise.

Colts –(92)- 93

(Haven't really gained much this year and still need to find another Receiver. They don't have much speed at the Rec position and could use a better running game. Defensive line is pretty solid nice pass rushers on the edge, DT could use some help. LBs could use some help but overall not too bad. Safeties IMO are two of the better ones in the league. Not much reason to drop them too much but not much reason to raise their ranking either. Probably stay around the same if not drop)

• Post Draft, had a decent draft nothing outstanding IMO. They filled most their needs and drafted in Colts fashion. They found players they liked for their system. I think Wells would have been the better back to pick instead of Donald Brown but we will see come this year, maybe im wrong. Drafted 2 DTs which was a big need. Would have liked to see them grab a LB. The WR out of BYU should fit into the Colts system well and will probably be a slot receiver for them. The Colts will be tough as always, hard not to be when you have Peyton. Marginal increase 0-1 points.

Ravens –(92)- 94

(Defense, they have a lot of it. Ed Reed is a game changer. Probably the hardest hitting defense in the game. Offense is getting better this year. Flacco was outstanding last year and should get some THA love this year. Running game is good if u like to grind it out. Need help at WR. Heap is a very good TE. If they some more serious WR targets then they would be rated higher but their O holds them back at this point. The D is what gets them the raise. Not to mention they were in the AFC Championship game last year and took the Steelers deep into the 4th qtr.)

• Post Draft, Ravens had a very good draft, Only think I can didn’t like was they didn’t pick up a WR or make the trade for Boldin. But they did good with the picks they made. I like that they are adding talent to the OL then go with 3 straight D picks just keep adding talent to that awesome D they have. Watch out for the 3rd round pick Webb the CB from Nicholls State sounds like a playmaker that fits in well with the Ravens should be a nice nickel or dime back. Jason Phillips was a steal in the 5th round and has the best mentor in the game in Rey Lewis to learn from. Overall they got great value with their picks. 2-3 point raise.

Cardinals-(92)- 95

( The biggest jump obviously they will be rated high due to they were just 2 mins away from being super bowl champs and they have probably the best WR in the game and if Boldin stays no doubt one of the top rec corps in the game. They need to do something with the Running game but I can see Hightower being much improved next year especially in Goalline situations. He will probably have the semi truck weapon. Their d was up and down all year a lot of down. But they were clutch when it counted and played lights out pretty much thru the playoffs. They added another CB in I believe McFadden from the Steelers which should help with Rolle going to FS. Rodgers-Cromartie should see a little ratings boost with a year under his belt. They shouldn’t be anything under a 93 IMO.)

• Post Draft, the Cards did very good in the draft. I think they got a steal when Beanie Wells dropped all the way down to them at the end of the 1st round. He is going to be a monster on Madden 10. 6’1” 235lbs. I think he is going to be tough to bring down kind of like Ronnie Brown. He was exactly what they needed last year so hopefully they can be more balanced this year. They filled their needs would have liked to seen them take a True Linebacker but looks like they will convert their 2nd round pick out of UConn into a 3-4 OLB. Overall did really well in the draft, 2-3 point raise.

Steelers –(97)- 97

( Super Bowl Champs, plain and simple. Defense is the real deal. I can't see them being much lower than this but I doubt they will be higher than the Pats cause the Pats are going to be stacked.)

• Post Draft, well the Steelers didn’t jump off the board to me in the draft but they did a decent job. They filled all their needs and I like that they went DT and OT with their first 2 picks. The best teams build from the inside out. Mike Wallace will be a sleeper WR this year. The kid can flat out run. 4.3 range 40. He should be rated at a 97 speed. Can’t really see raising their rating for this draft however I think they are already plenty high at 97.

Patriots –(98)- 98

(Brady is back, Fred Taylor added to the mix just another weapon. Joey Galloway offers more speed to the receivers and will be tough to defend Moss, Welker and Galloway. U can't user cover them all. They have speed to Burn on offense. Defense is full of weapons and with all the draft picks they have this year looks for them to just be loaded with talent. It’s almost not fair. Im sure EA will overlook the fact they went 11-5 last year and still have them rated higher than everyone else just because all they did was add to their already explosive team. Straight up going to be a nightmare next year and I hate the Pats but can't deny the truth.)

• Post Draft, well the Pats really didn’t need to do too much this draft but they still ended up with great value with a ton of trades and got a bunch of picks for next year. They added a nice safety they got great value in the 2nd round with a run stopper in DT Brace, and a solid CB in Butler that could have been a 1st round pick. 4 round two picks adds depth to a beastly team. Brandon Tate the WR out of UNC could develop into a nice receiver especially with Brady throwing the ball. If he shows he is fully back from his injury he could be a steal. He was one of the better WRs in the country before he got hurt in 2008. One of the interesting picks is the QB they drafted out of Kent State. Sounds like he could be the Pat White for the Pats. He is small but has the skills to be a Wildcat QB for the Pats. We will see but the possibility is there. Even with the value they got in this draft class I can’t move them up much as most of their players are there for depth and they are already at the max I think we will see a team rated this year at 98. I don’t even know if we will see a team over 97 honestly but I doubt we will see a team at 99. No matter how you look at it tho the Pats will be even more explosive next year.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-28, 21:46

good s***... i mostly agree with all of it dude nice job with this im impressed
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-28, 23:55

wow great job that took me like 20 minutes to read so idk how long it took you to write but its a hell of a post
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 00:35

thanks ive been adding to it about 15-20 mins or so at a time probably took a hour or so for the pre draft part and an hour or so for the post draft but i did it all over 4-5 days. Yeah its one long post but I thought people would enjoy it and help get them fired up about madden 10. I want to see how accurate I am when Madden drops.
Back to top Go down
Big Twin75
New MS Member
New MS Member
Big Twin75

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 00:53

good job dude, some of it looks good and others ify.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 01:18

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nice work gator!!

i only read the panthers one so far, but yeah, im totally with you! muhsin does help us out in the receiving game though, and we're looking to Dwayne Jarrett to have his breakout year.

we got a RB in the draft because of our dual HB system, and we just let go of our 3rd RB, Nick Goings. so for the sake of depth we picked up someone who hopefully ends up playing well.

everette brown was a crucial draft.... i think he'll start the season after next, when Peppers is gone.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 01:28

I have only read the jags part, but i will be reading it all soon. 1 question for you: Do you have exclusive access yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 02:35

[STARS] EggzOverEazy wrote:
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nice work gator!!

i only read the panthers one so far, but yeah, im totally with you! muhsin does help us out in the receiving game though, and we're looking to Dwayne Jarrett to have his breakout year.

we got a RB in the draft because of our dual HB system, and we just let go of our 3rd RB, Nick Goings. so for the sake of depth we picked up someone who hopefully ends up playing well.

everette brown was a crucial draft.... i think he'll start the season after next, when Peppers is gone.

Ok yeah Mushin has been pretty clutch but he isnt gettin any younger, as for Jarrett well hopefully he does have his breakout year but at some point you have to wonder.
I can see wanting to add depth to the RB position especially since you did let your 3rd rb go. Mainly for emergency insurance tho cuz with Williams and Stewart you got two young running backs that will be there for a while. Everette Brown was a steal they did a good job with that. If the Panthers didnt perform so bad in the playoffs I would have had them rated higher cuz they looked nice all year pretty much but that playoff game really was embarassing.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 02:45

thanks MOD, no i dont have exclusive access yet, would greatly appreciate it tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 03:10

Do You have this in a word document or notepad or something that you can send to me at: wynn_ne@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 03:32

sure do ill send it over to you tonight
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 10:19

yeah Gator... im fairly sure, and i bet mod will agree with me, that this alone will most likely get you exclusive access at the beginning of May.... but even aside from this you've been a pretty kick ass member... beating solid players, being active, and making great posts.... thanks man. way to be part of Team MS! haha

but yeah i agree with you on both our receivers... i wanted us to draft a WR, too. muhsin is........ 36 or 38.... whatever, hes old for football. and yeah, jarrett hasnt produced AT ALL, so he HAS to show up this year, or hes gonna get the boot. i believe he has the potential, i think he could benefit from some strength conditioning, making him a little stronger for those possession catches we need him for. and even steve smith is getting old.... this will be hie like 10th or 11th season... id like to have someone right now we can start developing for the 2011-2014 seasons when we FINALLY get rid of delhomme.

and since we're speaking panthers football, let me just say this...... i love having jake as our QB.... in the regular season. he effectively runs our offense, hes super passionate, and he makes the plays when he needs to. my ONLY concern is his consistency... i dont know if he could ever win 4 straight games against quality teams in the playoffs. he said that last game against the Cards was motivation for him to do better... but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 12:16

this is a great post good work gator
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 20:18

thnx bro appreciate it
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 21:58

Man this type of sh*t right here is what makes MS the best Madden site! Good sh*t bro! Beautiful breakdowns!
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 22:06

thanks bro, yes I agree MS is by far the best site i've come across and its cause the members and attitude of the who site.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-29, 22:23

[TFH] SdGator wrote:
Eagles–(92)- 95
Post Draft, Philly had the best draft by far. They got great value with every pick even with no 3rd and 4th
round pick. Maclin is going to be better than Desean Jackson in my
opinion, Its going to be one fast offense that’s for sure. Curtis,
Jackson and Maclin, Westbrook and McCoy to spell him, then throw in
Ingram at TE will provide a nice vertical threat in the passing game
and he can also play the slot and provide a nice big target that has
great hands, think Antonio Gates but slimmer with better agility and
speed. They filled all their needs and picked players that can provide
good depth. Also throw in the fact that they get Ellis Hobbs from NE at
CB as some insurance incase Brown leaves. Oh and they also got a pro
bowl OT from Buffalo to help shore up the Oline and pave the way for
Westbrook and McCoy. Eagles will be scary on Madden 10. 3 point raise.

SD i just have to say this is one of the greatest ans most drawn out threads i have ever seen

great work my man and good looking on the eagles ratings

U The Man
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-30, 01:56

thanks bro, yeah i really think the eagles are gonna be sick next year 1 because they finsihed the year strong and made a deep run into the playoffs and were close to goin to the SB and because they had a great draft and are going to be much improved on Offense.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty2009-04-30, 05:00

oh i forgot in case your wondering the smiley face in the predraft rating was a mistake its supose to be an 8 but i guess when u put a parentheses next to 8 its the code for sunglass smiley face. My bad if anyone had any confusion. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts   Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre/Post Draft Madden 10 Team Ratings, my thoughts
Page 1 of 1