Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Easiest way to kill screens?

Go down 
+2
CJDAWGG14
IASI Desperado
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Easiest way to kill screens? Empty
PostSubject: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 12:51

I am a average madden player my record is 84 and and 18 but my aol is only 4 i'm just saying I'm not a total idiot but after yesterday I'm not so sure I played a guy who was the Skins and I was the Cards all he did was throw screens mixed in with a normal play or two and I tried everything to shut it down i thought if I knew a guy was going to do a screen it was as simple as putting a cb in a flat zone at first my mistake was having the flat zones to close to the line bcuz I was playing 46 so they couldn't get there in time so i had nickel plays with spread out flats that didn't do jack half the time everyone got blocked or didn't make the tackle and off he goes for 30 sum yds so then i tried man play like de contain and still it only worked half time the only way i could stop it is commit like half my team to QB contain like after the game I just wanted to break my tv I the one thing I prob could have tried but didn't cuz i have no experience doing it is covering the flats myself I'm just hoping someone can make this all make sense to me or my madden days are over bcuz that was way to easy of a win just throwing screens thanks in advance for any help
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 13:22

come out of cover 3, put a LB at DE, man him up with whoever was running the screens, and control an LB in a hook zone.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 13:59

thanks but it seems like the screen should only work if I'm not ready for it like why doesn't a flat zone cover a screen?
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 14:01

IASI Desperado wrote:
thanks but it seems like the screen should only work if I'm not ready for it like why doesn't a flat zone cover a screen?
cuz the screen doesn't run all the way into the flats. its a route that stays between flat zone, where only man could stop it.
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 14:46

Press Coverage helps too

triangle or Y and L3 down
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 20:44

k makes sense but since I'm always using zone is there something that should alert me to a screen or a quick way to react to it when I see it after the snap? thanks for the help on the other questions as well
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 20:55

IASI Desperado wrote:
k makes sense but since I'm always using zone is there something that should alert me to a screen or a quick way to react to it when I see it after the snap? thanks for the help on the other questions as well
it depends on what position u play. try to hit circle to get on the on the closest person to the QB.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-16, 22:41

i like to run the Cover 3 Press out of the 4-6 pb. i just "flip" the play...hot route my DE in a Buzz Zone (purple)....then my DT in a Flat Zone (light blue)...then i manually control the Safety to the side of the screen (near the TE) to clean up!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-17, 05:20

this is why i have 3-4 normal: CB dogs man in my audibles. it blows up the screen pass! unless they get lucky and break a few tackles they arent gettin a first down if i know the screen is coming..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-17, 14:34

ya I should have played more man I just thought doinmg either a cb flat zone or a de qb contain would do it thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Gator
New MS Member
New MS Member
Gator

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty2009-02-17, 15:32

Use the Baltimore Ravens. Good Job
Back to top Go down
http://www.milsimgaming.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to kill screens?   Easiest way to kill screens? Empty

Back to top Go down

Easiest way to kill screens?
Page 1 of 1