Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?

Go down 
+15
ElNino713
Laser Rocket Arm
allain43
hacush
jayfury
Jimmy2Times
layinWOOD
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
noob999
Ddappa35
PeytonMvPManning
cmccray2639
Alex510
bp_brien
B-__-R-__-B
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty
PostSubject: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 13:50

just wanted to know what your guys views on guys that nano and RC all game are. i look at it like this, nanos are easily picked up and rockets are easily defended and if theres a way to stop or slow something down how is it a glitch or cheap? if you show the inibility to adjust on the fly thats on you not me, thats my view on it, lemme get your views on the matter.
Back to top Go down
bp_brien
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 14:59

anyone who does the same thing all game i think is a cheap player, they might win, but it isnt fun

and the only reason i play madden is for fun, not for my record (though winning is always more fun than losing)

i dont mind nanoing as a change of pace, but if somebody does it every play then it is just boring, and to be honest, it is not that hard to beat when it gets predictable.

i think i would get pissed off if i had someone rocket catching all game on me, but i dont mind occasionally. might get a little annoyed but only because i cant actually do it myself
Back to top Go down
Alex510
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Alex510

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 15:05

I'm a sim player so I try to avoid these type of players. I'm not dissing any of your guy's style though, I just like to play clean sim games where the winner is the best strategist.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 15:10

i mean nano's and rockets are really easy to defend, but i think the reason people do it all game is cuz its effective if you shut it down i doubt they continue to do it, i blitz alot but its not the same blitz every play i switch it up a ton but either way im pressuring you, i think if you could RC you wouldnt have as much of a problem with it, the thing with nano's and rockets are that they are NOT garunteed an amount of yardage, high risk high reward type plays, i dono how many times ive pick 6'd an attempt at a RC or thrown a TD cuz the nano left a hole in the D, but then again i have been sacked for big losses and i have given up big gains due to rocket catching so really its all risk reward type plays.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 16:07

i think its just boring if someone does something all game.. whether it be tosses, screens, rc, nano any of that stuff.. i enjoy playing the game and the strategy of it.. i dont mind someone who mixes this stuff in but when done relentlessly i feel it shows a lack of creativity and gets old quick.. plus ill take my user skills and def adjustments any day over a nano imo
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 16:45

i dont think its cheap or glitchy at all. And if some1 does the same thing all game you should eventually be able to stop it or that guy is just really good or has one heck of a scheme and u will run in to them players every once in a while and thats ok. It makes u better. And if you play against ppl that nano all the time it makes u make quick reads which i think enhances your game. So if he doesnt nano you can still look at your quick reads and if there not there u can just go on the play as normal. So imo i dont think there cheap or glitchy at all
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 17:25

its not like you can be as colorful with your defensive play selection as you can on offense.
Back to top Go down
Ddappa35
New MS Member
New MS Member
Ddappa35

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 18:07

Nope, they are a part of the game. As far as nano's go they can only constantley work on Madden rookie's. I agree with most of the poster's though it is boring when its done all game.
Back to top Go down
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 18:42

Glitch nanos are cheap when you can nano someone with only 1 or 2 guys. I have no issues with rocket catching though and actually think it's realistic. Just look at guys like Larry F. and Sidney Rice's sick catch over 2 guys last year and tell me rocket catching doesn't happen in real life lol.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 19:02

i never seen a one or two man rush nano
Back to top Go down
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 19:06

I have seen them in NCAA I haven't played the new Maddens though. You can do them in NCAA I hate that crap. Usually done with user blitzing or contain glitching
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 21:27

Glitchy, no. Cheap, kinda. I have no problems with a rocket catch. If you can use that a couple times a game, good for you. Nano's are a whole nother other tho.

Blitzing is part of football. Nano is part of Madden. There are too many people who claim to have good Defense, yet all they do is blitz you. Whether they double up gaps or bring more people than you have blocking, it is cheap. I know im going a bit off topic but what Im gettin at as that it is CHEAP if its all you got. Ive met too many people online (including this site) that consider themselves good at Madden even though they are completly one dimensional.

That is why I am strongly considering a change to SIM madden only.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-12, 22:18

but if someone is bringing more guys than you can block thats not cheap is it? if you bring more than they can block its an overload and there should be mad holes in the defense, also if i bring 6 or 7 of my guys to your 5 offensive lineman in madden or in real life someone is comming clean. i mean if your bringing 3 to 4 guys and getting in clean then i can see your argument but if its just overloading your O-line i mean thats really just a numbers game.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy2Times
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-15, 15:38

lmaoo blitzing is apart of the game and if its so cheap, why does madden award you a trophy when you nano lmaoo, and the word nano is just another slang word for a blitz, madden calls it a nano because it gets to the QB within a nano second, so lets take out the 1-5-5 defense cause there's plenty of plays in that defense alone that i get accused for nanoing, omg stop nanoing me, ok sorry let me change defense lmaoo , but i do agree, when someone runs same plays 90% of there plays even when i stop them, its like that's all they know and it gets boring and i'm expecting a D/C lol
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-16, 00:27

i think nano's are a part of the game. pit, philly, and bears, just to name a few, blitz almost every play. so we can't say it's unrealistic. florida gators run the zone read all game. the thing these two examples have in common are that they work for those teams.

no one will complain if something's not working on them. the only people making any noise are the ones who can't stop the nano/rc or can't shut down someone play/scheme.

yes some things are cheesy, like doing the goaline offtacke all game, but when it comes down to it we all bought the game and play it to our like. some people care more about wins than being creative and opening up the playbooks.
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-16, 06:27

Madden I thought was a "Football Simulator" meaning that pretty much anything you wont see in the real thing is cheap. I think Nanos and RC are very cheap but like many games people find a way to break the game so I really cant fault anyone for useing something that in the game. But the things that you would find in NFL blitz like RC or unreal blitzes, I mean come on have you ever seen a Nano blitz used regularly in real life, A team may "jailbreak" blitz from time to time but not over 30 percent of a given game. Basically I feel like anything that is unnatural to the sport of football used in madden is cheap but if it can be done I cant fault people from doing it, personally I can stop it and i am a gr8 rocket catcher (I use the pats a lot) but its cheap and I already have NFL blitz and madden arcade at home if I need to do unreal things. I play madden for strategy and out thinking my opponent then you can RC catch or nanoblitz that kinda kills the spirit of the game to me.

Last edited by hacush on 2010-04-16, 06:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Jimmy2Times
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-16, 06:27

lmaoo im in a franchise and the commish has a rule you can only move 2 players on defense, so if you move a lb in between a a-gap then the next player you control is the one you have to stay wit, because he hates nano's lol
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-16, 07:54

And from a players prospective or anyone who ever played football in their lives, it just looks silly and wacky by looking at. A nano blitz sometimes it makes me laugh looking at it thinking about how a team will get wrecked using a nano blitz in real life LOL.
Back to top Go down
allain43
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
allain43

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-16, 08:01

hacush I couldnt agree more with what you said if it is not in the nfl then it is cheap in madden
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-16, 19:44

if yall dont like nanos, RCs, ect. join the sim section here http://forum.madden-school.com/sim-players-sign-ups-and-tryouts-f110/ps3-applications-sim-t14204.htm
Back to top Go down
Laser Rocket Arm
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-16, 21:38

noob999 wrote:
Glitch nanos are cheap when you can nano someone with only 1 or 2 guys. I have no issues with rocket catching though and actually think it's realistic. Just look at guys like Larry F. and Sidney Rice's sick catch over 2 guys last year and tell me rocket catching doesn't happen in real life lol.

yeah larry fitz stops on a dime and jumps straight up in the air i see that all time in football
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-17, 06:07

LOL yea I mean I see that all the time just the other day I went to the grocery story and RC'd to grab something off of the top shelf. Thanks Larry Fitz for the inspiration!
Back to top Go down
ElNino713
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-24, 18:53

A nano is confusing the offensive line to instant sack the quarterback under center, this should not be in the game. That's not how football works, not even for the jets.

i havent seen rocket catching as much, but it's easier to mess up and slow down then a nano i think, it certainly wouldn't belong in a sim game though.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-24, 18:59

nanos are apart of the video game world...we all have to remember this is a game. ummm glitch nanos are wack but bringing more guys than the offense has blocking is not a nano. getting quick pressure is not a nano but getting a sack before i finish a 3 step even a 5 step drop is a nano and that is cheap to me not glitchy. nanos prevent ppl from playing real defense and is a way to get out of playing real defense. rocket catchings is very debatable because u do have wr's that seem like they are rocket catching in real life. my issue with the rocket is stopping on a dime and jumping STRAIGHT UP. not jumping up with the momentum taking them backwards but the STRAIGHT UP part is my issue...i would love it if EA would put in more catch animations that would allow a wr of that hieght and playing style to go up from a sprint with their momentum carrying them backwards. if a pass is short i can see them going straight up but from a dead sprint taking them off route and going STRAIGHT UP is my issue with that so im on the fence with rocket catching.

***JUMP BALLS ARE NOT ROCKET CATCHES***
Back to top Go down
jb278
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: this is hillarious...   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty2010-04-25, 08:50

If Nano's werent cheap why cant I go in my playbook and pick nano-blitz as my play? I can pick "Overload blitz" I can call an "all out blitz" but I cant call a nano blitz... hmm... I wonder why.. Matter of fact, when did you see a QB get nano-sacked in the real NFL? For the last 6 years living in Buffalo I have seen 2 of the worst QBs to ever play the game.. JP Losman & Trent Edwards, who get sacked atleast 3-4 times a game, but i never seen one of them get sacked before they dropped back.

As far as rocket catching, it is also cheap too. While this actually requires some skill as far as the timing of the pass, and the fact you have to manually catch the ball yourself. But the fact that you can rocketcatch between 3-4 defenders who are all jumping up to bat the ball down.. makes it cheap.

Anybody who Nano blitz and rocket catch to win is a scrub plain and simple.. I like how top of the line cheesers claim they are advanced cause they nano and rocket catch... yet they have no idea what goes in real football, thats why they scramble a pocket QB like ELI and just constantly launch deep balls down field...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?   are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy? Empty

Back to top Go down

are nano's and rockets cheap or glitchy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next