Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Cheesing and Abusing

Go down 
+17
Moore's Pats
Dwain
wandeezy623
AshBlackstone
stinky_night_gown
MiamiXCanes
Ant1010 I Play Wii
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
WestFo3
c4jun
o Cpt ViDeO o
Militant X 1
Th3 Ac3r
Polly
PeytonMvPManning
B-__-R-__-B
timschroeder546
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timschroeder546
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-23, 20:02

Haha yeah that is not cheating lol. its just being smarter than the other person
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-23, 23:25

timschroeder546 wrote:
I'm just going to come out and say this that if someones offense is based around RCing or abusing the outside slant or some other cheesin, abusin play then madden has seriously gone downhill. What happened to the days where someone was good because they played amazing cover 3? All this game is are nanos, RCers, and kids who cant be good unless they steal other peoples plays. Lets play the game the way it is supposed to be played boys.

How is the outside slant cheese? It's easily covered by buzz zones.

You're a crybaby who doesn't want to take the time to adjust. I don't RC very often, but it's not unstoppable. Infact, it's pretty overrated. A very well timed hit will force a drop.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-23, 23:27

timschroeder546 wrote:
Ya I agree with you totally. However if someone is really good at running the outside slant out of snugs when they put their running back in motion it can be extremely difficult to stop. You have to do it manually and when you are doing it you cant see your guy so it makes it that much harder. There are plays like Z spot that cant be stopped cuz flats are broken

If you claim the flats or the outside slants are "broken" then you're just playing shitty defense. Period.
Back to top Go down
timschroeder546
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-24, 07:43

they aren't broken because they can be stopped and i do stop them. But they do get through randomly sometimes. Not just an outside slant either. If you dont know what Im talking about ill show u if ur on 360
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-24, 08:41

none of this stuff is cheating if an outside slant was cheating it woldnt be available in hot routes and half the blitzes you see arent even nanos they are just overloads its that simple there are more blitzers than blockers. if someone ties up two offense lineman with two defensive lineman and rushes a third defender through the gap how is that cheating? this is almost as ridiculous as when i hear people claim that motioning WR to create mismatched and confuse coverage is cheating! everything can be stopped all you have to do is find out how and i agree ^^ the flats are easily stopped and if your zones arent working just USER it!!!
Back to top Go down
timschroeder546
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-24, 14:38

no one ever said cheating bro...cheesing and cheating are different
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-24, 16:16

not really many people view them the same i have people all the time message me and say im cheating when all I did was blitz them i had a guy today send me a message that said nanos and glitches and all I did was stop a run cuase a fumble and RC a TD and he called me a cheater thats all i am saying
Back to top Go down
timschroeder546
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-03-24, 19:37

Ya i no what u mean I hate those kids that cant win so they say the other person cheated.
Back to top Go down
Dwain
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-05, 17:24

if you guys think madden is cheesy you should have played nhl 09 but i actually enjoyed it in nhl because u could control the goalie
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-06, 00:58

I like wiNE wit my cheese
Back to top Go down
Laser Rocket Arm
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-06, 01:28

just cheese them back
Back to top Go down
Ddappa35
New MS Member
New MS Member
Ddappa35

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-08, 15:41

I never thought people cheesing was a serious issue. Madden is all about reacting, I mean there arent any unstoppable plays. If someone is doing something unconventional, its on me to adjust. Imagine if you used the time it took to complain and used it to scheme a defense for certain plays you couldn't stop, I bet that s*** wouldnt bother you anymore. I love when people come out in some bullshit cheese scheme, its the sim players that are tough to beat IMO.
Back to top Go down
CStan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-12, 23:51

o Cpt ViDeO o wrote:
I just got out of a match and this guy called me a cheeser because the set plays I had already were ripping him apart and he couldn't make the right adjustment.

I did not rocket catch, no slant abuse, just good user play on offense and defense.

Players at the end of the day have to look at their self and say could I have done something different to deflect this cheese play. Look at the end game footage, all four quarters and dissect your own game and get back to the lab and work on adjustments.

I understand your frustration, I was where you were before I started to blame myself for running the wrong defense and blaming other players for running plays that worked for them.

It takes discipline and it takes patience, which most madden players don't have.

But when you figure out what to do against one cheeser it will carry over to helping take care of the next cheeser.

Good luck and practice.

i am in total agreement..alltho i would like to so a madden version of ESPN 2k5 ^.^
Back to top Go down
CStan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 00:21

Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ wrote:
outside slants aren't cheese they can be defended. the only thing that is cheese is abusing the flats. there are certain routes that go to the flat the cant be defended. like today my opp kept hitting his te in the flat i played a cover 2 that didn't work. i played cover2 again and threw some1 into a buzz zone to go along with the guy covering the flat man didn't work either. the flats are still broken. another time i noticed the flats were not defended well is when i sent my wr on a drag route and i watched him run all the way to the other sidline and the guy who was defending that part of the flats wasn't even aware of the wr and made no effort to guard him. ea still has a long ways to go before they make a decent game. so far the game is a super epic fail.

use Cover 3 press out of nickel not the orginal nickel i forgot with one and to lazy to turn on my xbox, ^.^, as for the running across field needa run cover 4 for that ^.^
Back to top Go down
ferocus
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-15, 22:09

u kno ery1 expecs a bit of cheese but cmon when there is no defense to it thts sumpin too be pissed on...i mean a dude was down to me 28-7 the other day waitd till the game was at 1 second left and d/c no body gota win or loss it dont even act like we ever played!!!!!...thts after i shut down the outside slant and punk rollout glitch ****...i mean cmon get some x and o knowledge and then play ball...online games are a joke for real but so addictive lmao...
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty2010-04-22, 12:56

Jesus, there's a lot of crying in this thread.

Probably 1 in 20 of the people you think are cheesing actually are.

Cheesing would be someone doing something that is undefendable.

The flats can be defended, and are not broken.

Screens can be defended, and are not broken.

The outside slant is very easy to defend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheesing and Abusing   Cheesing and Abusing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheesing and Abusing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2