Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Go down 
+70
eaglefan1019
portis2694
flap
B-__-R-__-B
s0liddy
dracocepheus
CapnCrunch
THiZzLeWiZzLe
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
24Marion24
jonny_madden10
the joker 260
super_mario90
FelixdaCat
MikeyMagoo
Lake RuNz 508
Rastaman J
That Good Life
TheMurdaMann10
Elite
streetballer209
iGeT MoNeY
dUPxBTefft23
xMattex
EAGLE_hENz
Big Hungry 702
jsmall28
Playaboy23
BOSTN BEANER
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
dar3alslimshady7
beeman999
David noooooooo
wopper29
Baseballa
DaTBa1LHaWK
Gares
Radi0ActivWaste
CJDAWGG14
hof8231
Donovan McNabb
iToke
ASANTE22
WOLVERINEx20
wayne019
Beavis
Ketcham While They're Hot
ANTtheKNEEEE
Luse ChaNg3
Militant X 1
xPICKx4xSIXx
ethan87
Mickey
iLLxEaGLeSx10
HT eFFecTz
bigbuddah
Lloyd
Shut-Down-D-
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Crunk
SuprmnxXx
kc killa jr
Modrewgnu
PhillyALLday
atown_2511
Fudopi is That Dude
iNfam0us88
xXBlackiceXx
-iBleedGreen-
Fudgy
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23
AuthorMessage
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 03:48

well graham could.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 03:51

wayne019 wrote:
mario this is an eagles thread please post in the skins thread if you have something about them. and what you said mcnabb does have talent to throw to. moss thomas kelly cooley and davis are all good players
\

Those are the only names that stood out.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 04:03

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
well graham could.

do you mean graham as a 3-4 DE? him and cole weight wise are okay as DE's in a 3-4 but with graham his height may hold him back if he were to play DE in a 3-4, him and trent are at there best IMO when they are in a 4-3 as ends, they both complement each other and the plan is to not be able to double either one too much, maybe they'll stand graham up on occasion they did it with trent a few times last season, didnt look all that natural but pretty cool either way.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 04:43

This is the interview i saw of mcdermott when he was asked about the possiblity of a 3-4...
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=8697&play_clip=y

And this is the article i read on the internet about mcdermott saying yes we might use a 3-4 scheme.
http://www.espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/14116/mcdermott-embracing-3-4-scheme

I dont really but into the whole "eagles in a 3-4 scheme" stuff it just doesnt seem like they have the right guys for a 3-4, and they've drafted for thier 4-3 scheme so i would be shocked if they went to a 3-4 scheme, now if its like a special package to better utilize certain personel than thats understandable beacuse the eagles drafted alot of 3-4 OLB prospects, I'm buying into the video interview mcdermott had not the article as much.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 05:06

yea, its all a bunch of speculation. dont buy into it
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 05:12

im not, i wouldnt put it past sean to come up with some type of formation or package to better utlilize his bigger backers like alex and ricky, i mean the chaney's, the jordans, and the sims type backers will be a good fit thier 4-3 stuff, its a bit different with guys like ricky & alex though.
Sean is going to put all his defensive players in the best position to suceed and if that means comming up with some type of 3-4 package for his tweener guys he'll deffinetly do it but i dont think for one second the eagles are changing up thier schemes, or even running the 3-4 a little bit if they do my gut tells me its to utilize there OLB/DE's, beacuse the rest of the defense isnt really 3-4 material IMO.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 05:16

couldnt agree with you more my friend. What happened to kearse?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 05:19

i know he was back with the titans last season and kind of fell off i dono if he's with them anymore but kearse always seemed to be injured while he was in philly, but one hell of a talent none the less, him and burge were the best! i miss those days, i miss that eagles team that made the superbowl run then fell short at the end, those were the days...
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-15, 05:26

yea, nothing like remembering what coulda been, Falcons in 2004). we beefin on that still
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-17, 22:38

-Just a short video i made on the eagles off-season pickup, hall was stationed at hill air force base in UT, he's now requested to be put on the reserves, hall was a RB, WR, and KR for the falcons and is very explosive he's a wes welker type of player and he looks pretty good, but with desean, jeremy, & jason looking to be the top 3 guys going into training camp it doesnt look like he'll see a whole lof of time at WR and with 11 WR's with the team as of now, competition looks to be fierce, but what sets hall apart from the other WR's (besides mac & desean) is that he has great value as a return man and the eagles have said that they do not want jeremy or desean returning kicks and now with ellis penciled in to be the starting right side corner it doesnt look like they'll want him returning kicks either so hall could deffinetly be a guy that makes the final roster.

Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-17, 22:56

League sources say that the eagles have signed rookie free agent boo robinson of wake forest, the eagles have not come out and confirmed this statement but it looks like its gonna happen for boo, robinson reminds me a bit of trevor laws & mike patterson as he's kind of undersized for a DT but he plays with great leverage and has a great get off, he's got alot of upside but needs alot of work.
this makes it i believe 6 DT's on the team with the addition of jeff owens in the draft, they wont all make it and the eagles as of now are very high on antonio dixon as he gives them a big body down there in the D-line and thats what the eagles have been lacking for some time now so i dono how great boo's chance of making the final roster is but i think if they keep 5 DT's it'll be either owens or robinson if they keep four i believe that it will be the four they rolled with this past season bunk, mike pat, laws, & dixon.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-18, 04:54

i was a big fan of boo in college. glad to see he got picked up somewhere
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-18, 10:22

He looks solid, but IMO lacks great speed for an undersized DL, im kind off iffy on wether or not the eagles will keep him on the final roster as there really high on the four they played with last year (bunkley, patterson, laws, dixon) there gonna keep there two starters bunk and mike pat and this off-season ive heard nothing but good things about laws preperation and training so i think they'll keep him and hope he develops like they would have hoped and pushed mike and bunk for playing time and if nothing else just be a good back up.
They really like antonio dixon as he's 322 lbs. and said to be rising so he could weigh more come game time, i think they'll keep him beacuse he gives them great size down on that D-line, in the last two games where the eagles played the cowboys it was apparent that the eagles D-line was just getting over powered by that huge cowboys O-line, dixon allows them to get some beef and size down there in the trenches to match up with the bigger O-lines, bunk IS strong enough to hold his own the man is like a human bench press machine but him and patterson just lack that great size to really dominate the interior of the O-line, thats why i think they'll keep dixon.
So now thats four and if they keep only four these are the four i see them keeping but if they keep five i believe it will be who ever has the better training camp out of jeff owens or boo robinson, robinson reminds me of mike patterson, short, undersized for a DT, but plays with great leverage, owens on the other hand reminds me of trevor laws in a way, deceptively fast, shows flash at times and also plays with great leverage and pad level, either way i think the eagles D-line will be better than it was last season, and whoever doesnt make the team will end up on the practice squad and given a chance later down the road or be picked up by another team cuz boo and jeff i believe can deffinetly play in this league.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-19, 02:56

chad hall was amazing, and he got NO recognition for his stats. if he played @ colorado or another big college he woulda got some noise, but playing @ air force killed him.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-19, 10:42

I agree with you on that, he looks explosive, its gonna be hard for him to make the final roster though cuz there's so much competition at WR, the eagles are very high on there #1 & #2's desean jackson & jeremy maclin, and they really like there slot man in jason avant, then i think its anybody's game from there, they have brought back hank baskett and value his long ball skills, he holds a few of phillies longest play records and has special teams value, then you have riley cooper the staff really likes his hands and body control, and they've said they want a big target down around the goaline, then theres a few other rookie FA's and practice squad additions but IMO come season start i believe it'll be desean jackson, jeremy maclin, jason avant, riley cooper, chad hall, & either jordan norwood or hank baskett (im leanin tward hank).
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-19, 15:20

i would like to see chad play, cause he played @ air force. Smile
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-19, 17:44

i think he'll end up on the team beacuse he's a very explosive player overall, but has value as a wes welker type of slot WR, the thing that also helps his case more so than the other 10 or so WR's on the team is that he has great value as a return man, and the eagles have come out and said they dont want jeremy or hobbs fielding kicks, basically they dont want starters on special teams so chad hall could give them a nice KR man and spell slot WR.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-19, 18:15

***EAGLE NEWS***

-Max jean-gilles returns to camp after weighing over 390 lbs., jean-gilles recently underwent lapband surgury to help him lose some weight, he's not tipping the scale at around 350 lbs. and says he is still losing weight, he wants to get down to around 330-340 lbs. and says he will be fully healed by training camp.

-Macho harris took snaps as the right side CB after starting at FS last season, and taking snaps with the #1's as a FS in the post draft mini camp, macho was a top CB prospect comming out of VT, and he says that its a move the coaches asked him to make, but he also says it a move he's comfortable making.

-Cornelius ingram was in the action for the first time since tearing his ACL for the second straight season, ingram should be a nice compliment to celek, ingram said there was no swelling around the knee after practice wich is a good thing, he doesnt have any real limmitations right now as far as his knee is concerned but the eagles are going to take it easy with ingram and slowy work him in.

Last edited by B-__-R-__-B on 2010-05-20, 15:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-19, 18:18

hell yea. Macho Harris was a beast coming out of VT. I hope he turns out like i thought he was.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty2010-05-19, 18:27

He played very well last season considering he was a rookie and hadnt played the FS position before, he played it primarily out of need and desperation not so much beacuse he was the best at that certain position, at the begining of last season demps was penciled in to be dawk's replacement, well good thing it was in pencil beacuse he did not come throught like they would have liked and suffered a season ending injury, thats when macho stepped in, i think he's more at home at the CB position.
Its funny that our former right side corner sheldon brown wore #24, then was traded, after the trade macho switched his jersey number from #35 to #24 and he's now playing sheldon's old spot so the CB #24 still lives on in philly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23