Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Go down 
+70
eaglefan1019
portis2694
flap
B-__-R-__-B
s0liddy
dracocepheus
CapnCrunch
THiZzLeWiZzLe
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
24Marion24
jonny_madden10
the joker 260
super_mario90
FelixdaCat
MikeyMagoo
Lake RuNz 508
Rastaman J
That Good Life
TheMurdaMann10
Elite
streetballer209
iGeT MoNeY
dUPxBTefft23
xMattex
EAGLE_hENz
Big Hungry 702
jsmall28
Playaboy23
BOSTN BEANER
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
dar3alslimshady7
beeman999
David noooooooo
wopper29
Baseballa
DaTBa1LHaWK
Gares
Radi0ActivWaste
CJDAWGG14
hof8231
Donovan McNabb
iToke
ASANTE22
WOLVERINEx20
wayne019
Beavis
Ketcham While They're Hot
ANTtheKNEEEE
Luse ChaNg3
Militant X 1
xPICKx4xSIXx
ethan87
Mickey
iLLxEaGLeSx10
HT eFFecTz
bigbuddah
Lloyd
Shut-Down-D-
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Crunk
SuprmnxXx
kc killa jr
Modrewgnu
PhillyALLday
atown_2511
Fudopi is That Dude
iNfam0us88
xXBlackiceXx
-iBleedGreen-
Fudgy
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 01:06

yea the eagles potentially have a 2 headed monster @ qb. If all goes well we could be all eating our words. @ least i will
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 03:12

well hopefully thats the case, i believe in kolb deffinetly but im not sold yet im gonna let his play determine wether or not i jump on his band wagon, i hope vick gets traded out after this season, i hope he gets more reps then gets out to a team where he can start, it'd be a shame for him to remain a backup for the remainder of his career, i think if the birds mix in vick & run the rock with there new bruisers (mike bell & charles scott) kolb might not have to do as much as people might think, i think people sometimes compare what andy did with donovan to what andy will do with kevin and i dont think thats the case andy has more to work with this time than he did when donovan came out of syracuse.
I guess in kolb's defense he is the most starter ready QB to come out of his draft class at this point, didt he come out with trent edwards & jamarcus russell? kolb's taken drastic step of improvement and people like to point out the two 300 yard games he had but we also have to look at the turnovers he created along the way and he only had to do it for two games, if donovan only had to play two games in a season i think he woulda put up 400+, i wanna see how he handles an entire season as a starter, i wanna see how he plays against dallas two times a year, i wanna see how he plays against new york 2 times a year, and i wanna see how he reacts when things dont go as planned cuz it will happen, don knew how to handle situations like that and its one of his greatest attributes as a person.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 03:30

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
kolb will fall flat, vick comes in and picks up where he left off in 2004

I was talking to B-R-B not you. But i always said VICK would aventually get the starting job.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 03:36

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
good man right there^. Mcnabb is gonna lead skins to the superbowl, and win it. then shove it the eagles fans faces

Thats not gonna happen this isn't a movie but the skins could be a possible wild card.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 03:37

well mario i think kolb has the potential to be a good QB in the league he's certainly got all the toys and targets to be successfull so really alot of its on him, wether he comes through or not will be determined by how he plays and reacts to the media, i think he'll do fine but im not gonna blow him up beacuse he's very unproven, more question marks than answers at this point, but i think he's up to the challenge, i dont think it'll all be on his shoulders i think andy is gonna try to relieve kolb of some of that pressure by running the ball and getting the wildcat stuff more involved wether it be shady, desean, or michael, but im a big fan of vick's so who ever ends up being "the guy" in philadelphia will be cool with me im pretty high on kafka as well he's like a poor mans kolb IMO, he's a developmental guy though, but dont think andy is afraid to sit kolb, he sat mcnabb in that baltimore game and he'll do the same to kolb if his play falls off, he will not let the ship sink without trying to keep it afloat first, and if that means sitting kolb and starting vick he'll do that andy & howies intrest's are not kevin kolb wrather the philadelphia eagles organization as a whole.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 04:25

VICK>KOLB

It's just hard to imagine KOLB giving the EAGLES a good chance to win.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 04:51

I like Kafka alot, i've liked him since he was @ Northwestern. He is extremely accurate and can be mobile when he needs to, kinda like mcnabb was. So i would like to see him start but its hard to see him starting over Vick and Kolb. but thats what pre-season is for.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 10:08

yeah kafka will be a developmental guy i really like him and heard some good things about him while the mini camp was going on, they view him kinda like they did kolb, not the biggest arm but suprisingly mobile, and very accurate, andy likes those spread QB's.
Whoever has to step in, i think itll be kolb but whoever it is has got some big shoes to fill as don was one hell of a player, im sad he's no longer an eagle i would have liked to see him and dawk retire eagles without having to go somewhere else but all great careers come to an end at some point and its was just his time i guess, it wasnt anything he did on or off the field that got him traded, it was more the eagles wanting to get younger and kolb having those two good games, at least this way he went to an alright team with a new choach in place, opposed to like oakland or buffalo, it worked out well for both sides.
I mean look at how much the pack got for brett and he still ended up whoopin them twice, so andy and howie are like okay since its obvious if don wants to make his way back to this division it wouldnt be hard, lets just trade him in division and get the most out of him, the eagles got like 2 to 3 picks for 5-mac i believe while the packers got only a 5th? not 100 on that though, either way i wish don the best of luck, and have confidence in whoever ends up to be "the guy" in philadelphia, i like all 3 QB's.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 16:22

Not to much talent for MCNABB to throw to though and i think the run game might be in the top 10 but not to sure on that.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 17:02

mario this is an eagles thread please post in the skins thread if you have something about them. and what you said mcnabb does have talent to throw to. moss thomas kelly cooley and davis are all good players
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 17:05

its not like Kolb wont have the talent around him maclin and Jackson are gonna be HUGE stars if they keep developing the way they have
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 20:35

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
its not like Kolb wont have the talent around him maclin and Jackson are gonna be HUGE stars if they keep developing the way they have

EXACTLY!!! thats why if he fails IMO it'll be him unless desean, brent, & J-mac all of a sudden fall off, this season will prove to me wether or not he's ready to step in as the full time starter for the philadelphia eagles, he's in a perfect situation to succeed, andy and howie have really surrounded him with some nice targets, theres no reason he should fail so if he does IMO he's not the guy, i realize the transition will take some time but from the way he and the eagles organization talk they make it sound like there haven't lost a step, ill let thier play be the judge of that, im confident in kolb and hope he's the one for philly but im not sold on him just yet, im very supportive of him but not 100 on him just yet.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 20:42

well, you gotta back up your teams qb to the end. no question about that. and your right, if he fails, it'll all on him. unless desean drops the ball outside the goalline....again
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 21:15

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
well, you gotta back up your teams qb to the end. no question about that. and your right, if he fails, it'll all on him. unless desean drops the ball outside the goalline....again

oh geeze dont remind me, i love what desean does on the field but sometimes the dude has me shaking my head, a coulple times last year he got tackled into the endzone cuz he was trying to high step in and im just like WTF?! just run it in! do your lil dance once you've crossed the goaline, its almost as bad as when dre bly tried to pull a deon and got tackled then fumbled, but as long as he's scoring im not gonna complain, he's got some maturing to do with the comments he makes in interviews and the things he does on the field at times but he's young, hopefully he can learn from he past blunders.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 21:18

yea, he's a stud no doubt. all he needs is a little more smarts and he could become elite status
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-14, 23:07

McDermott recently said that, in order to get the most out of his new personnel, he is trying out some 3-4 looks.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 00:11

From the post mini camp interview i watched, sean said in that interview that "whats important for us right now is to stay true to our base defense, and lay a solid foundation" but then i read an article that said mcdermott said that they might run a little 3-4 but would stay true to thier base defense (4-3), i dont like the eagles in a 3-4 beacuse they dont have the D-lineman to pull it off, okay sure bunk might be able to pull off as a NT but he's not the prototypical NT, you might say ratliff of the cowboys isnt that big but he can penetrate and has great speed for a 300 pound lineman, bunk lacks that what he does have though is great strength he's arguably the strongest on the team and all of the NFL IMO, i guess you could go with antonio dixon (6'3 322 lbs. and rising) but he's inexperienced and as far as i know he's been a 4-3 DT not a 3-4 NT, then your talkin about kickin mike patterson out to end, and possibly standing up cole, beaccuse IMO cole isnt a good fit as a 3-4 DE as he'll get doubled more than he already does and plus thats the whole reason they brought in graham to take some pressure off of trent and free him up a bit, if you have him in a 3-4 as a DE he'll get doubled all day.
They do have some nice 3-4 size backers alex hall is 6'5 250 lbs., stewart bradley is 6'5 255 lbs, ricky sapp is 6'4 252 lbs, & brandon graham was thought to maybe be a 3-4 OLB backer, so they do have some fast balls they can throw at opposing offenses, but for a while now the eagles D-line has been one of its strengths if you move to a 3-4 it wont be about the D-line but more about the backers and IMO the D-line in past years has been a bit better than the linebacking corps but either way im confident that mcdermott & juron will put these younger guys and the defense as a whole in the best position to win ball games wether that be a 3-4 or 4-3, i just personally think the eagles strengths are in a 4-3 not a 3-4 but im open to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 01:32

oh, they're switching tot he 3-4? should be interesting
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 01:39

they are NOT switching to a 3-4 mcdermott i guess is just entertaining the idea that they might run a lil bit of 3-4, they are gonna stay true to thier base defense wich is a 4-3 they dont have all the pieces yet to run a legit 3-4, they lack a true power pig NT and lack 3-4 DE's if they were to switch to a 3-4 they would have to ask bunk or dixon to anchor the middle, and kick patterson to DE, who plays the other side i dono i guess laws could but he didnt even really excell at DT let alone 3-4 DE but if bunk could anchor and they had patterson and laws at DE's and have dixon backing up the nose and have owens back up the DE's then i guess it might work, IMO you'd have to stand cole up and when they've done that he's looked a bit out of position IMO but its all good if they do run 3-4 it wont be alot as mcdermott wants to stay true to their base defense, a 3-4 package wouldnt be a bad idea though beacuse they've got some fast balls they can throw in pairs off the edge but to fully install a new base defense and at this point? i dont see it happening, if it does it'll just be a package not a full defensive scheme switch.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 01:42

oh ok, i was gonna say. i dont think they could survive in a 3-4.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 01:58

they wouldnt be able to survive in the 3-4 sure they have good linemen but they arent for the 3-4 and i dont know if their linebackers would step up
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 02:05

neither do i, they lack a true NT, i think this 3-4 stuff is maybe rumor, cuz in his post mini camp interview mcdermott said they would stay true to their base D, if they do run a bit of 3-4 it wont be alot and it wont be all the time, it'll be package to utilize guys like alex hall & ricky sapp, it will also allow the to stand trent up and allow all three of these guys to rush the passer from the OLB position in a 2 point stance, so it can be good but it wont be a full time thing, the eagles are still a 4-3 base team, its what they drafted for and its what fits there personel the best.
there linebackers arent huge 6'3 270+ lbs linebackers alot of them are in the 6'0-6'1 range not alot of tall guys with the exeption of stew (6'4) and alex (6'5) and i guess ricky cuz they said he'll play end and OLB (6'4) they have speedy backers that fly around and make plays for example, ernie sims, akeem jordan, & moise fokou all very fast and athletic but none of them above 6'2, thats the way the eagles like there backers, the only reason or way i see them running even a little bit of 3-4 is to utilize there tweener guys like hall, sapp, cole, & i guess bradley if they wanted but they really like him inside.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 02:21

yea, stick to the great 4-3. my fav. defense everrrr
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 03:27

hahhahahahahahahahahahahahaah...just thinking about mike patterson playing de in a 3-4
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty2010-05-15, 03:35

i know right a bit preposterous right? but i mean who else could play a 3-4 DE on phillies squad though? i dont see them having the right personel to pull it off as a full time gig but as kind of a special package thing to utilize there tweener guys sounds alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread   Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next