Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Off Tackle offense

Go down 
+23
ticklemeelmo
CapnCrunch
chrisc2006
CookieMonsta
s0liddy
irobson
I OWn You
B-__-R-__-B
Oldstalecheetos
leke2cool
aj_fitness1212
Ant1010 I Play Wii
Th3 Ac3r
iGotBeast$wag13
IRISHFBFAN1
David noooooooo
jayfury
Sun
jd7680
Ellard
Madden's Finest 200
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
DaShizfromDaDesert
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty2010-03-02, 18:06

usually if i think a play is somewhat cheesy i will not run it myself unless i know that if someone were to do the same thing to me i would be able to stop it. its a real gay rule i have that makes me not take advantage of great things but at the same time it makes me better because then i become determined to figure out how to stop cheesy plays, so i can add them to my arsenal. id say the thing i need most work on right now is mobile qbs rolling out and exploiting the flats. it seems like no matter what i cant really stop the flat abuse, i can however stop the rolling out but it doesnt seem like it matters because the flats will be there earlier..
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty2010-03-02, 18:58

ticklemeelmo wrote:
usually if i think a play is somewhat cheesy i will not run it myself unless i know that if someone were to do the same thing to me i would be able to stop it. its a real gay rule i have that makes me not take advantage of great things but at the same time it makes me better because then i become determined to figure out how to stop cheesy plays, so i can add them to my arsenal. id say the thing i need most work on right now is mobile qbs rolling out and exploiting the flats. it seems like no matter what i cant really stop the flat abuse, i can however stop the rolling out but it doesnt seem like it matters because the flats will be there earlier..

To stop the flats cover 2 out of dollar is the way to go. Another one is qb contain for in normal 3-4 to stop scrambling qb's just manually guard the flats. Try that out and see how it works for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty2010-03-02, 19:35

usually cover 2 will work but unfortunately he had desean on a route that exploited the cover 2 perfectly and he could hit it even if he rolled to the right (it was on the left side). really ive only had problems with flats vs this one particular guy. i will try out the 3-4 normal qb contain though and i definitely shoulda been usering the flats instead i was trying to take advantage of the hb screen he would always try to the opposite side he was rolling out. he would usually throw it and it was either a decent gain or an incompletion which resulted in a fumble because he threw it behind him. i can confidently say that was the only reason this game was close because he kept trying that play despite all the turnovers it caused.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty2010-03-02, 21:30

The play is a good component to your offense but you won't get anywhere if you run it predictably. I tie it in with a quick pass and a dive out of the same formation.
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty2010-03-03, 21:35

hey ticklemeelmo i played a guy like tht also... he would roll out away from the screen play and he had a guy in the flats and a guy deep.. if bothe were covered he would throw it all the way back across the firld to the RB on the screen.. it was a stupid play the way it worked.. but after he ran it like 20 times i figured out how to stop it..lol..run a cover 3 and put one of your backers to man up on RB. the deep route will be covered cause of the cover 3 ( and if he throws it deep just user pick it with the safety he should be there) and put ur defnsive end the way he is rolling to in contain and last thing is user the flats on the side he is rolling to.. sounds like alot but its a real quick set up..hope this helps
Back to top Go down
ferocus
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty2010-04-16, 12:18

i wish sumbody would run off tackle ery play then it would a quitter by 3rd q... i mean peeps done moved passesd tht cheddr to the new improved sideline pass for zone or in or out routes man..unstoppable this year if u guess right..
Back to top Go down
leway
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leway

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty2010-04-16, 17:56

DaShizfromDaDesert wrote:
u guys should actually check out the FL Drive out of the Strong formation with the off tackle in it. It's a great audible if you move the receiver on the drag route into between the nearest TE and the nearest Tackle. The full back gets open every time.
is that all you do on that play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Off Tackle offense
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3