Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Off Tackle offense

Go down 
+23
ticklemeelmo
CapnCrunch
chrisc2006
CookieMonsta
s0liddy
irobson
I OWn You
B-__-R-__-B
Oldstalecheetos
leke2cool
aj_fitness1212
Ant1010 I Play Wii
Th3 Ac3r
iGotBeast$wag13
IRISHFBFAN1
David noooooooo
jayfury
Sun
jd7680
Ellard
Madden's Finest 200
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
DaShizfromDaDesert
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-20, 21:50

thts a good quote. if it works it works. im just saying no skill is needed.
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-20, 21:59

I agree with the above quote.. You just have to step your D up.. there are a few plays this year that are unstoppable but think of the off takle like last years dive that was basically unstoppable. your always gonna get something on that play.. but that pay has big play potential so you have to contain it..If your opponent runs the off takle alot put a overload play in your audibles and when you know its coming blitz the heck out of it..eventually he will back out of the play
Back to top Go down
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-20, 22:41

[quote="I'm da ish in madden"]
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16 wrote:
I'm da ish in madden wrote:
Ant1010 wrote:
If no one can stop your off tackle use it. If no one can stop your passing game would you stop passing because everyone is crying about it?[/quote]
QUOTE OF THE WEEK. GREAT POINT.
i agree to an extent however passing takes more skill than following several blockers and then blowin by everyone w CJ or AP
boo bad quote. If it works it works. It doesn't matter how much skill it takes. End of thread.
you guys are bum. you guys are the real bum. hb off tackle is a over powered play. if somebody complain about a play or a nano blitz, you guys will start calling the person a bum and the reason why he is complaiining is because he cant stop the play. i remember a time when i said that nano blitz take no skill and it is lame. every body started jumping on me including crazyblack001. crazyblack was telling me how he could pick up my nano blitz and destroy me, but when we played he could not pick up my nano blitz. the true story is that if someone ran the hb off tackle against you guys, most of you would not be able to it. i can stop the hb off tackle with 155 but when am using any pb that have 155 in it, i know am srewed imediately.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 13:27

FS user skill> off tackle EVERYTIME...
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 13:41

4-4 split + a few minor adjustments + off-tackle = DOMINATION 4 me!!! lol listen i let people play the way they wanna play its there game they bought it so we have no right to tell them what they can and cannot do and if you do they wont listen anyways. lol that being said its my job to shut your offense up and your job to score if you find a play that works really well like off-tackle and i cant stop it its my own fault i can blame no one else but myself. just needa step your game up and come up with an answer. when i get beat by plays like this isntead of gettting heated i immediatley go to practice mode and start workin on where i was weak.
Back to top Go down
I OWn You
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 14:39

Good people will stop off tackle
Back to top Go down
irobson
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 14:43

why don't you 3-4 weak side blitz bring down safety?
Back to top Go down
I OWn You
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 14:46

i do 3-4 pinch and put my LILB put him over the left guard of the O and control the RILB and take him towards the run.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 14:52

I OWn You wrote:
Then why couldnt guys at MLG stop it, like Dynasty, Prod (i know prod won it, but he admitted he couldnt stop off tackle) and others. if off tackle is combined into a good scheme then its almost unstoppable. Anybody can stop a off tackle by rushing 6,7, or 8 guys lol. But what if....... they pass lol. You're fucked.
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 15:03

TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16 wrote:
ya u should stop thts basically sayin u hav no offense... not tryin to b rude but ull get a rep has a bum so running offtackle every now and then not a big problem but running it every play is definition of a bum

Man you always say something ignorant Sad
Back to top Go down
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 15:56

I OWn You wrote:
Then why couldnt guys at MLG stop it, like Dynasty, Prod (i know prod won it, but he admitted he couldnt stop off tackle) and others. if off tackle is combined into a good scheme then its almost unstoppable. Anybody can stop a off tackle by rushing 6,7, or 8 guys lol. But what if....... they pass lol. You're fucked.
these is the best post so far. hb off tackle cant be stop with any regular defence you have to rush 7+ guys to stop it every down.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 15:58

I OWn You wrote:

on my off tackle stopper i have 5 guys in zone that i can mess around with..... i dare him to throw outta goaline at me. plus you cant really go deep outta goaline either so theres another knock against it. i mean run it if you want but i got plays fo the "dreaded" off tackle. in fact ive actually gotten to the QB before he can give the rock to the RB. lol
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 17:12

If you combine the routes the right way and they focus like 8 guys on stopping the Off-Tackle, you can pass, even deep sometimes. Sub in your fast WRs at the TEs, your opponent will most likely be too busy moving around and hot-routing their guys to notice your subs.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 17:34

like i said i have 5 guys in zone that will counteract that i can have a cover 3 look cover 2 or cover 1 all depends on what i see you do then i can set my D accordingly. lol i dont see off tackle as a problem.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 18:04

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
like i said i have 5 guys in zone that will counteract that i can have a cover 3 look cover 2 or cover 1 all depends on what i see you do then i can set my D accordingly. lol i dont see off tackle as a problem.
i wanna play you.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 18:21

youll probably beat me doode im fairly new to the game. lol
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-21, 19:00

You can stop off tackle with one blitzer.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-22, 03:42

how can you stop it with one blitzer???
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-22, 17:52

Oops

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-01-22, 18:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-22, 17:58

The only play I can think of that might stop it with one blitzer is

1-5-5 cover 3
Audible LB's to zone
Press, flip
Pinch LB's
User the Strong Safety and bring him up

That puts 9 in the box against Goalline
And 7 against 2 wide
They just aren't blitzing

I use this play often

But I'd be interested in hearing ChrisC2006's play
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-22, 21:20

This is what has worked for me.
3-4 Solid I think you can pick any play.

1)Hot route 3 down lineman to QB spies. You can hot route two of the lineman if your opponent is quick hiking. Hot route the guys on the weak side to spies.
2) Move MLB on weak side away from the middle of the field. I like to put him over the left tackle.
3)Blitz safety on weak side (side with one TE). Place him 4-5 yards back directly behind the DE (left side of screen if two TE's on right side of screen). This is so the weak side guard and center can't block him. They go after the spy and LB most of the time giving you a wide open lane to hit the QB or HB.

You can stop off tackle from regular 3-4 Solid plays. Most adjustment are just reblitzing DT, blitzing safety, and move LB out of the way. The Cover 2 play from this formation is the easiest to setup. All you do is move MLB out of the way, reblitz safety and place him 4-5 yards behind DE.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-22, 22:37

good piece of info man ima deffinetly try this out. lol thanks chris.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-01-22, 23:04

thnx man thats nice
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-03-02, 12:05

that 3-4 solid actually works kind of good...but if they run up the middle with the spies sometimes they get blown out of the play
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty2010-03-02, 13:00

Nice play Chris
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Tackle offense   Off Tackle offense - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Off Tackle offense
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next