Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

getting better at reading D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
georgiaboi
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-22

getting better at reading D Empty
PostSubject: getting better at reading D   getting better at reading D Empty2009-09-25, 16:49

Hey am kinda of a newb to madden been playin for
a while but never sit down and took the time to learn the game just a
few pick up games every now and again but i was wondering if any one
could give me some tips on reading the kind of d the other team is in
like cover 2, 3 or man to man getting better at reading D 129442
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-08-18

getting better at reading D Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting better at reading D   getting better at reading D Empty2009-09-25, 23:08

First, determine if its man to man by:

A) Motioning a receiver. If he is followed across the field it's man. You can reset the play right when you see someone following him so you don't waste time.

B) Using certain formations (i.e. bunch formations) and see if the defenders line up over your receivers. Hit practice mode and run a man play on D and your main formations on O and watch where the defenders line up in man and then in zone.

Then, if man, run some crossing routes, or a send a runningback to the flats, or send one person to one side of the field and the rest of your routes to the other. So many easy ways to beat man.

Now, see if it's Cover 2 or 3 by watching the safeties.

If, right after you snap the ball, the safeties run towards the sidelines, it's cover 2.

If they start backpeddling then it's either cover 3 or 4, but usually Cover 3 unless in long yardage situations.

Hope I helped.
Back to top Go down

getting better at reading D
Page 1 of 1