Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

slants replaced temporarily?

Go down 
+2
JonoTheNut
Ellard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

slants replaced temporarily? Empty
PostSubject: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 09:53

call a drag route.

if you want it to go a certain way, flip the play call a drag and flip the play again
works the best when the field is even or when playing under center

call plays with routes that hit the flats
Back to top Go down
JonoTheNut
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 14:20

haven't tried the drag yet out of the backfield with the new patch...

saw one post saying that the drag got affected as well as the slant though? guess thats not true?
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 14:28

i never used slants out of the backfield ever anyways so im good wit it.. just drags..
Back to top Go down
givemethedamnball
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 14:29

RealSpitNoDrool wrote:
call a drag route.

if you want it to go a certain way, flip the play call a drag and flip the play again
works the best when the field is even or when playing under center

call plays with routes that hit the flats

I can get my money play back?!.....hell yeah!!....good lookin' out son......................
Back to top Go down
JonoTheNut
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 14:32

DaTBa1LHaWK wrote:
i never used slants out of the backfield ever anyways so im good wit it.. just drags..

Mind posting how you use the drags out of the backfield effectively? I mean, its pretty easy to understand how you WANT to use it, but maybe you have a trick or something that you use thats highly effective.

Slants out of the backfield were a MAJOR part of my West Coast offense, so I'm looking to use the drag as best as I can now.
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 14:38

Yeah you try that drag and see if dude doesn't keep running a streak!!! I love drags and can't use it now. Only thing I can figure is that it might not be working for me because I'm dragging the rb from across the field in the gun. He always streaks. Rb lined up on left side of two rb set and I audible drag route him to the right side of the field. He never makes it, just runs straight up field.
Back to top Go down
JonoTheNut
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 14:41

Buc58 wrote:
Yeah you try that drag and see if dude doesn't keep running a streak!!! I love drags and can't use it now. Only thing I can figure is that it might not be working for me because I'm dragging the rb from across the field in the gun. He always streaks. Rb lined up on left side of two rb set and I audible drag route him to the right side of the field. He never makes it, just runs straight up field.

I think perhaps this is just because its out of the gun? I know it even would do this sometimes pre-patch, I think it has something to do with the HB getting bumped at the line or by a linebacker or some s*** and it just forces him into a streak-ish route. Really not positive though, just a theory.
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 14:47

True but the back should stay in the backfield. He shouldn't even run into a linebacker that deep by the qb. It use to work and now it doesn't. I also figured maybe it's the route running rating level that could be causing it. If the lvl is low maybe they do what they want.
Back to top Go down
JonoTheNut
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 15:00

Buc58 wrote:
True but the back should stay in the backfield. He shouldn't even run into a linebacker that deep by the qb. It use to work and now it doesn't. I also figured maybe it's the route running rating level that could be causing it. If the lvl is low maybe they do what they want.

Just labbed a little bit out of Gun Bunch Wk. and the drag will work about 3/4 times for me. I was just running it with Chris Johnson and those were the results I got. Just gotta make sure you have other options down the field I guess if the HB goes haywire.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 15:03

yeah, this is called "route pulling", although its hardly as good as it use to be.

the other time it helps is when you want your TE to run an out drag, just pull his route and he'll find space, especially in like twin i-form or something, ya know
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty2009-09-25, 15:34

It worked no times for me and it's kinda screwed up when your in a tourney game and your guys are not where they should be. Really scary man. But I will keep messin with it and what do
you mean route pulling is it something I'm
doing by accident or is it an ai thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slants replaced temporarily?   slants replaced temporarily? Empty

Back to top Go down

slants replaced temporarily?
Page 1 of 1