Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

1 Gap play vs 2 Gap play

Go down 
AuthorMessage
as_per
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-12

1 Gap play vs 2 Gap play Empty
PostSubject: 1 Gap play vs 2 Gap play   1 Gap play vs 2 Gap play Empty2009-09-14, 12:40

In another thread, the idea of defensive 1 gap vs 2 gap play came up. I've generally found it difficult to employ gap concepts in previous versions of madden due to the fact that the AI never seemd to stress the importance of "getting across the face" of an offensive lineman. Is this something that EA actively tweaked in 2010?

Also, point of fact, in 1 gap systems, LB's and Secondary often (ahem) fill gaps based on flow, I've toyed with simulating this by playing primarily zone defenses on running downs and "doubling" the FB AND the HB With some combination of LB's and Safeties. Thank goodness for custom play memory.

btw what's the best way to lab defense in practice mode?

I do like the fact that often when guard and such pull that many of the LB will "shoot the gap" i hadn't noticed this in prior versions is THIS new to Madden?
Back to top Go down

1 Gap play vs 2 Gap play
Page 1 of 1