Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!

Go down 
+4
Sun
C6xtacy
EastCoast_Dog
John R
8 posters
AuthorMessage
John R
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty
PostSubject: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-09, 11:17

okay,... so I am not as noobish as my previous posts however, I do have another question,...

Is there any possible way to get a read on if the offense is running a pass or run play? also, is there a way to tell if the run is going left or right?

any tips or strategies on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Back to top Go down
EastCoast_Dog
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-09, 11:46

well i can tell by the PB they run, just because i know the PB and plays lol, Example pats PB was everyone's first choice most likely when they started, so i can tell when they use pats pb
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-09, 12:55

Unless the player allows him/herself to become that predictable, then I have to say no on all accounts. One particular Titans formation I've become very fond of(Weak-Double TE). After yesterday, I have 6 solid plays I can run out of that alone. I also mix it up by sending WRs, RBs, and TEs in motion.
Back to top Go down
John R
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-09, 12:58

well that is unfortunate... thank you for the response.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-09, 15:31

Pre-snap:
You can't accurately tell if the opponent is running or passing. However, if you see gun, there's 90% chances that the guy's passing.

Post-snap:
Really easy to tell. Just watch the OL. If they stay neatly aligned and form a pocket, it's a pass (even on PA). If they mess around and go forward, it's a run. Oh and, if you see a double team, it's 99% sure it's a run.
Back to top Go down
John R
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-09, 15:55

Sun wrote:
Oh and, if you see a double team, it's 99% sure it's a run.

Double team? like 2 receivers on one side? Im a little confused as to what you mean.
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-09, 23:11

Double team.....two offensive linemen blocking one defensive linemen.
Back to top Go down
K0MMoNsEnTz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
K0MMoNsEnTz

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-10, 00:55

Just watch the Lineman. Its sooooo easy. If lineman stand straight up (even on PA) its a pass, if they push up and/or you see a pulling G/T. then its a run. I cant really tell on the pre-snap unless its gun. Then its prolly a pass.
Back to top Go down
Masta23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-11, 12:48

If you think it's a run, bring an extra defender to the strong side (fullback or TE side)
Back to top Go down
John R
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-12, 10:40

right on. appreciate the advice.

Should I always assume that the run is going to the strong side? I mean, obviously it does not always go that way, but is it more safe to assume it will than not?
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty2009-10-12, 15:46

Like in real life. Watch the guards. If they fire out its a run. If they stand up its a pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!   Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION! Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it a PASS play or is it a RUN play?... THAT IS A QUESTION!
Page 1 of 1