Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Throwing the deep ball

Go down 
+16
HeadHoncho32
jayfury
DyNaMicakaDNM
SiCkOnDaStiCk
blackheatah23
Ellard
62YSailUnion
jhinkson
DaMistahMoon
so much swag
erichates
ASSASSIN_005
MistaFaded
super_mario90
runningback1456
eFresh
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Throwing the deep ball Empty
PostSubject: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-14, 02:03

Although I'm efficient on offense I never seem to be able to throw the deep ball, I run the ball and set up playaction which I would think would work. I've only had success with deep outs or a slot running a deep post. What about having your #1 catching the fade?
Back to top Go down
runningback1456
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-14, 02:05

whats you #1s speed and your qb arm
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-14, 02:57

i complete alot of 54 yrd passes on mainly streaks and fades but of course im throwing to (cough cough) andre johnson so its a little easeir throwing it deep i throw deep passes the majority of the game those are easy to complete its all about timeing takes alot of practice and its easy for me cuz i practice those deep routes alot i probably throw (no lie) 50 or 60 in practice against a good defence (the cpu set on all madden) and im really good at cuz i practice it more than anything else (no joke)
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-14, 03:46

i use the broncos lob it up for marshall and user catch that ass works for me works great with short fast WRs they sometimes out run the CB just select the WR turbo and user catch make sure you let go of turbo b4 u hit the catch button
Back to top Go down
ASSASSIN_005
New MS Member
New MS Member
ASSASSIN_005

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-15, 23:15

MistaFaded wrote:
i use the broncos lob it up for marshall and user catch that ass works for me works great with short fast WRs they sometimes out run the CB just select the WR turbo and user catch make sure you let go of turbo b4 u hit the catch button

yup it really do works...I do this with Hines Ward and Santonio all day...

Throwing the deep ball Wallpa19
Throwing the deep ball Troy-p10
Back to top Go down
erichates
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-16, 01:36

i have the same problem with tossing the deep pass, i use the PAT's and moss is able to make the catches, but usually there cornerback is able to keep up and get a hand up there.. will try practicing and user catching some more.. we shall see how that goes
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-17, 01:04

deep fade's or deep corner's my best two route's for deep stuff....i practice all day.....right analog user catch..all day..... Throwing the deep ball 245863
Back to top Go down
DaMistahMoon
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-17, 08:09

noob question... right analog user catch? whats that? when i switch over and attempt to use (Y) it seems they slow down then swat at the ball...how does that analog work?
Back to top Go down
jhinkson
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 01:09

basically the best way to throw a deep ball on madden 2010 is to have an elite reciever(one of the top 5) or someone extreemley fast and send him on a go route against a cover one press then lob it and user catch it before the safety comes over
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 01:21

the right analog automatic.....turn the wr...around so he is facing the ball...when that happen's push the...y..button he will catch it ...try it......thank you..... Throwing the deep ball 83168
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 04:57

i have no problem with the deep bomb it's so easy been doing it since madden 08 lol
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 11:32

play action help's with max protec....or leave t.e...or f.b....nuff said.. Throwing the deep ball 649595
Back to top Go down
62YSailUnion
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
62YSailUnion

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 21:52

right stick rc works when i get it. been labbing it and close to getting the hang of it
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 21:55

knowing the strengths and weaknesses of zone coverage, and picking plays to defeat them will open up the deep pass alot more often
Back to top Go down
blackheatah23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
blackheatah23

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 22:17

I look at the safety and if the safety comes up i hot route to the fade and use the left stick and throw it to the sideline and i usually get it
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 22:39

a black whats..your tag on 360 so i can hit you up...hit me back....swag money....is in the house!!!!!!! Throwing the deep ball Icon_king
Back to top Go down
blackheatah23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
blackheatah23

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 22:40

yo its on my sig
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 22:52

oh!!!!!!!lololollololmy bad.. Throwing the deep ball Lol
Back to top Go down
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SiCkOnDaStiCk

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-28, 23:01

so much swag wrote:
oh!!!!!!!lololollololmy bad.. Throwing the deep ball Lol

hey swag romo sucks tell him to step it up and score a td. ahaha
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-29, 07:28

im the only one here who really knows how to do it, but i wont say somethin cuz people will use it against me like last year with my screens lol
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-29, 13:51

titans PB has the best deep route. singleback: ace: corners....there it is
Back to top Go down
HeadHoncho32
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-30, 10:17

I don't see the problem
one-on-one is an auto if a sorry cb is guarding
create mismatchs
Back to top Go down
http://uptowns.net/community
EccentricMeat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-09-30, 11:44

Only throw it deep when it is one-on-one coverage. If you have your fastest receiver as your #2 on the depth chart, or if you just package him there before you pick the play, send him on a streak. Make sure the other routes in the play are good so the deep pass won't be your only read.

I found if the D plays cover 3, the deep ball is money (with a strong armed QB). If the safety backs toward the middle after the snap (he will be shading to your right), roll out to the right (without sprinting), as if you don't sprint your line will hold there blocks better. Now, once you're safely away from any pressure, sprint to the right and creep towards the LOS. Your #2 receiver running the streak will have now beaten the corner, and the safety over the middle will follow your QB to the right. Bullet pass to the inside to your WR and its too easy. Having a receiver on the right doing a deep route, or even the slot receiver on the left doing a post will almost guarantee success here. Make sure you have a receiver doing a drag or slant in from the right side of the field (so he will be open if they blitz) and set your RB to an out route to the right. This way, when you roll out, your RB will usually be open, and if he's not, then your deep receiver will almost always be open.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Throwing the deep ball   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-10-13, 17:59

a spit who's that in the sig!!!!!!!!!! Throwing the deep ball 751758
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: DEEP PASS   Throwing the deep ball Empty2009-10-13, 23:14

eFresh wrote:
Although I'm efficient on offense I never seem to be able to throw the deep ball, I run the ball and set up playaction which I would think would work. I've only had success with deep outs or a slot running a deep post. What about having your #1 catching the fade?

in the video the play was vs cover3... i love this play cause you got short, medium, and deep passing options. i got a couple more plays similar to this in that the safeties seem not to play deep as they should, on a consistent basis!