Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE

Go down 
+10
mcfart01
R3V 1T UP
OchoCinco85
Winktin Rampage Jackson
EaRThQuAKEx9
xXBlackiceXx
Modrewgnu
Fudgy
SuprmnxXx
bigbuddah
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:25

i was thinkin that as well the vikings only need is a qb and they a complete team a super nfc contender
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:28

Vikings have a qb and his name is Tarvaris Jackson. He only had two problems last year, 1 was Troy Williamson and the 2nd one is he never knew when to tuck it and run instead of forcing the ball in double coverage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:30

Tavaris Jackson is gonna be a pretty good QB. Over the last six games last year, he had a 65% completion percentage. Teams will continue to stack eight in the box to try and stop the AP/Chester Taylor combination.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.LUCKYHANDSTICKETS.COM
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:35

yeah he is a good qb im not knockin him he is the new qb of that team he has options...wat im sayin to WIN RIGHT NOW and beat the pack if brett was there they would be hands down...jackson is good he need otoo learn to tuck not force and timing on routes
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:38

Yeah I know, but I think it is stupid to trade for Favre and you don't know if he will play one more year or 3 more years.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:41

Not stupid to trade for him if he will offer a better chance to win it all. Imagine the ticket sales that it would generate. Also, if the price is right, why not? Even if he just plays one year, it still is a great opportunity for a team like the Jets.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:45

BAKNAFEK88 wrote:
Not stupid to trade for him if he will offer a better chance to win it all. Imagine the ticket sales that it would generate. Also, if the price is right, why not? Even if he just plays one year, it still is a great opportunity for a team like the Jets.

Yeah but, they were looking for a first round pick.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:48

Not true. That report was false. They have been talking about how that was not true all day. It is more like a conditional 2nd round pick that could escalate to a 1st round pick if the team that gets him goes to the super bowl.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:50

yeah i dont believe a first round pick is worth a player that will play no more than 2 yrs if he gets out of greenbay i believe he will definately play jus 1 yr. this years first round picks will be awesome and to not have 1 will be foolish there are 2 lbs that will in first rounds tebow man y give up yo first round pci unless u have another 1.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-05, 23:56

Can you out right say that Tebow, Maluaga, Laurinitis or any other guy that could come in the first round would take you to the Super Bowl? Obviously the answer is no. Brett will instantly give you a chance to become a contender. Again, look at how he would impact the ticket sales also. Understand the conditions that would turn the pick into a 1st round pick. THE TEAM WOULD HAVE TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL IN ORDER FOR THE PICK TO TURN FROM A 2ND ROUND PICK TO A 1ST ROUND PICK. Would you not trade a 1st round pick for a shot at the super bowl?
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 00:04

i dont believe that wat ever team u put brett on besides maybe the vikings that will have a shot at the super super bowl u cant say the bucs jets nears will go to the super bowl if "BRETT FAVRE" was added to a team...all the contenders have qb to take em there soooo ttrade em get a second round pic u right bout that 1
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 00:16

That is fine because if the team doesn't go to the Super Bowl, the draft pick that they trade for Favre will remain a 2nd round. See what I am saying? It is a win win situation. IF you trade a conditional 2nd round pick for Favre and don't go to the super bowl, you will have gotten Favre for just a 2nd round pick. If you go to the Super Bowl, you gave up a 1st round pick to do so. Not bad at all. I was not saying that whatever team gets Favre would make it to the Super Bowl. What I was saying is that you aren't giving up a 1st round pick for Favre unless you make it to the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 00:19

coo coo u right on that 100%...giving up favre for a 2nd round pick wen he will only play for 1 yr in my opinion...he is away from where he loves to play he wont have the same intensity unless he is playin the pack and noone is worth him playing more than 1 yr for...u 100% right i agree
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 00:26

You are crazy to say that he wouldn't play with the same intensity. If a team trades for him, they are getting a living legend that now has a chip on his shoulder. Brett now has something to prove again, so he will play with the same intensity if not more intensity. Look at what the Redskins did, they gave up a 2nd round pick for Jason Taylor even though he said that he was only gonna play one more year. You give up a 2nd round pick for Favre if you need a QB, no doubt. ALso, you gotta remember what goes on during the draft. It is not hard to get a second round pick back on draft day. Teams are always willing to trade up to get a player that they are crazy about but feel won't drop to them. For example, look at what Baltimore did to get Flacco. They gave up a second round pick to get the swap picks with I forget the team, but they swapped first round picks and acquired an additional 1st round pick. It happens all of the time. Also remember, you never know what addition picks a team has acquired.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 00:33

i dont think he will but i cant say he wont u have a point but getting a second round pic is and isnt hard u have to be willing to give up a player to get a second pic and it depends on the team if they feel they dont need thosse other picks...giving favre up for a 2nd round pick is smart but as far as how he ill play for another team then i dont kno...he doesnt have nothing to prove wen he has like all the passing records...wat more can he prove besides he can still play...i dont think noone has EVER said, thought, pondered him not being able to play till he is 50...he wanted to play in greenbay thats his town that should be named favreville and a golden statue should made for him.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 00:40

Yeah, exactly. He has something to prove and that is that he can still play. I don't know if you have ever met anyone in the NFL, but these guys are some of the biggest competitors ever. They don't like to lose in anything from card games, to Madden to an actual football game. The Packers basically said that they don't want him. As a competitor, Favre will be driven to make the Packers look dumb by not giving him his job back, especially being as though he achieved so much with them and never missed a game. SO, yes he does hold all passing records, but despite that, he couldn't get his job back and that will leave him with a chip on his shoulder. As for the ability to acquire a 2nd round pick, my friend it is not hard if you have a team that wants to move up in the draft. Every year, you see a team that has a pick in the high 20s fall in love with a player or see a run on a position that they need. They will give up a 2nd round pick to move up to a higher pick so that they can get their guy. Look at what Jacksonville did to trade up to pick Derrick Harvey.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 00:50

he is going to play and play well he can coast and still play well he is a roughly 16 and 10 qb anyway so if he goes that then ppl wont think twice
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 02:41

Brett is a HOF he definetly play with intensity buddah dnt doubt favre but i think he wont play to much longer i say 3 yrs max.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 12:39

"Do you think that if Barry Sanders decided to come back after a month or two, the lions wouldn't want him to start?"

-ESPN Analysis

"I think Barry Sanders would be starting now for the Lions"

-ESPN Analysis

I personally think that the packers handled this whole situation totally wrong. It seemed as if they are trying to prove brett wrong by starting rodgers. well packers hopefully favre goes to the vikings so he can whoop ur azzes twice a year. Oh by the way Favre is gonna go to the bucs lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 19:38

a qb is different from a rb...favre handled this situation wrong by going off a gut feeling and deciding to retire and stay retired till july wen training camp is right around the corner..they coulda redone there offense to fit aaron rodgers and now they cant go back to wat they had...they have moved on and favre wanted things to be the same when he didnt give noone a clue till right before trainning camp...brett favre is a great qb but i mean i dont think he will play the same or more than 2 yrs top i wana say 1...he is a HOF qb and he wont taint his legacy whether he plays or not.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 20:24

They don't have to redo the offense for Aaron Rogers. They will still use the same west coast offense that they did with Favre. One thing that may not happen as much is the bombs that Brett would throw to Jennings and Driver. These plays were generated by Favre's ability to move in the pocket and buy more time for the WRs to get open. Packers where just ready to move on. By the way, the reason Favre got the itch to play again around this time is because you have to remember since high school and even before that, he is jused to getting ready to start the season. You have no idea how much you actually miss having your team with you once you walk away from the game. It is only natural for his wanting to come back.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 20:57

pwell first of all brett never really move had to move around too much caus he alwasys had a good line in front of em...aaron rodgers is more mobile than brett was or is...so the will still be able to run around in the pocket and throw the deep ball...ive played football before and college track and field and i alwasy miss playin ball i live my life football wise threw them so jus caus i havent played in the league doesnt mean i dont kno the feeling of wen my season is coming up specially the olympics now manand the nfl its so its a double wammy.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-06, 21:29

aRE YOU SERIOUS? HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT HE NEVER HAS TO MOVE IN THE POCKET? DO YOU DEVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT SCRAMBLING, I AM TALKING ABOUT STEPPING UP IN THE POCKET OR MOVING TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT IN THE POCKET TO OPEN UP PASSING LANES. AARON ROGERS DOES HAVE ANYTHING NEAR THE ARM STRENGTH THAT BRETT HAS. HE CAN NOT THROW THE DEEP BALL WITH THE SAME ACCURACY THAT BRETT DOES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT PACKERS GAMES YOU WERE WATCHING, BUT BRETT ALWAYS MOVES AROUND IN THE POCKET AND THEN STEPS UP AND UNLEASHES A DEEP PASS.

IF YOU PLAYED, YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE TO MISS IT.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-08, 02:55

yes i definately kno wat it is like to miss it bruh read wat i said bout that....look man aaron rodgers doesnt have wat brett has im not sayin he does but dont act like he is david carr or alex smith lol but he has wat he needs to be a good qb in the league....TECHNICALLY we dont kno wat kinda arm rodgers has...not as much as favre but who can throw 50yrds on there back foot ta a fast wr in stride or bail out of a 65 yrds bomb ta a wr and make em go get it...rodger prolly 100% cant do that...maybe i read wrong or something brett does have a good pocket presence to slide to either side and make plays but his O-LINE made that real easy to where he didnt have to do that as much or so he could make the check down....im not hating im jus sayin that aaron rodgers inherited aa great team and he did a great job against the cowboys so he will do good and make the playoffs and since brett is a J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS now he will play 1 yr and be 8-8 9-7 at best.
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty2008-08-08, 03:12

Aaron rodgers is way better QB than u think buddah did u c what he did against dalls last yr . if u didnt watch it u should because he played alot better than brett.im not saying he is better but i do think he is a good QB i just hope he sux against us bears lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE   THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

THE BRETT FAVRE SAGE
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next