Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

bring your west coast plays here..

Go down 
+43
tomo08
emoney
fuzzynut31
WAR
neng1982
*34DoubleTrouble28*
W A V Y D R E
Jae Heat
J-$hYnE
Militant X 1
Killadav
mlb6434
macdaddy
iG3NoCiiDE x
MR REDZONE
dracocepheus
Hawksown14
Baseballa
a-town_raidah
DaTBa1LHaWK
s0liddy
so much swag
seymo241
psufan5
Reservations 4 6
AFew88
dUPxBTefft23
BOSTN BEANER
WildPat305
raidakaoz
GadisRKO
Elite
mw344
ElishaManning
firecracker3
xMattex
David noooooooo
jsmall28
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
sowskillz
panthersfreak89
roryaiks92
TheDon270
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

bring your west coast plays here.. Empty
PostSubject: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 21:58

i wanted to post this for everybody who is using the west coast playbook or want to use it....if you guys got some plays..please post them here under this topic......i will post some info and videos coming up...just be patient...
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:23

Formation: Gun
Snug Flip

Play: PA X Clown
(Good against man or zone I don't run this play from the menu but rather
audible into it, what I'll do is call HB Sweep with Darren Sproles once and get
a good 6-8 yard gain then I'll call the same play but this time I'll audible to
PA X Clown)

Steps:

1) Put
the HB on a Slant to the left

2) Motion
the HB to the left

3) Snap
the Ball and then lead bullet pass to the sideline my HB to the outside for an
easy gain
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:23

I'm just starting with the West Coast. I'm lookin forward to seein what u guys come up with and once I learn the PB more, I'll contribute as well.

I'm assuming everybody already knows about and uses those delayed blue routes from Gun Snugs Flip? (PA X-Clown, PA Eagles Seam, PA Eagles Stop)

And the Far Tight Twins is great as always

And I'm excited to see what you can come up with Don. I've seen your other posts and can tell that you have some good plays/schemes in you.
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:33

Formation: Shotgun Snugs Flip
Play: bench switch or bench swap...

1. this goes for both plays....when you run the play hot route both inside receivers to a outside slant....or you can take either inside receiver, make sure he is hot routed to a outside slant and motion him to the other side....for example, the inside receiver you put in motion to the left side, make sure he does a outside slant....

2. if you decide to hot route the inside receivers, and snap the ball, look for the inside guys doing the outside slant first.....your other look would be the outside receivers, or your RB..

3. if you decide to take either inside receiver and motion him out to the sideline, when you hike the ball look to him first since you have him doing a outside slant route....in most cases these plays work...its important you read the D before you throw...

4. on the bench swap play you can either take the inside reciever and motion him to the other side, and have him do the outside slant....or you can throw your running back on either side and have him do the outside slant....you can pick your poison with this play, and switch up too...its up to you.
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:39

i forgot to say when you make the throws to whoever is running the outside slants, make sure you do a high bullet pass....sorry about leaving that out.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:43

I can't run with this playbook at all.. I got like 1 toss play that works.. anybody have any ideas? sounds like the don has this playbook mastered think you can help me out? I use the vikes. thx.
Back to top Go down
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
New MS Member
New MS Member
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:46

Far Twins-flats

hot route the TE to a slant... i love this play
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:53

i find that running out of the near and far formation can be very successful. this didn't work for me against a 3-4 defense, i should add. when playing the ravens or steelers, i suggest using other formations for runs.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-02, 22:55

jsmall28 wrote:
i find that running out of the near and far formation can be very successful. this didn't work for me against a 3-4 defense, i should add. when playing the ravens or steelers, i suggest using other formations for runs.
who can run on the ravens and steelers anyway? lol
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 01:20

yeah running is my problem right now too
Back to top Go down
David noooooooo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
David noooooooo

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 01:40

try I Tight Pair - Stretch and slide protection to the side you're running to.

read your blocks and u gonna find that endzone .

i use this play alot and throw in some playaction and u'll have a little simple offensive scheme.
Back to top Go down
xMattex
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xMattex

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 01:43

sowskillz wrote:
jsmall28 wrote:
who can run on the ravens and steelers anyway? lol

The Giants. On the Ravens anyways. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xthedarkersideoflifex
firecracker3
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 02:45

Nice, i'll post something here soon enough. I'd like to see some of your videos though Don. What's your record online? Do you play on xbox 360 or PS3?
Back to top Go down
ElishaManning
New MS Member
New MS Member
ElishaManning

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 05:11

Ok heres my money, you alll must tell me how thiss works for you cause it got me over 200 wins already..

Far Tight breakdown.

Flats
Quick Toss
FB Dive
any other pass plays if u wish

Need all this in auds

Come out in quick toss see if its open, thats money right there
Use the dive if middle is open with ur Dual HB

Flats.... ok here ya go.

1 Way - Slant TE and motion your FB to the right and Slant your RB to the left.
(check the FB/TE 1st. Then your WR over the middle. and or any other player.. all can get open.) Roll out with QB if he can throw on the run. (on bottom ill tell u str8 up what teams this works for cause i labbed them all.

2 Way - Slant your HB to the left.. Motion to the left Hike while in motion and open 80% of time.

Mix all this in and trick him up. Like I like to make him think i am doing flats when i motion the FB out to the right but then the toss comes out. Its hard to stop trust me.

In order with what teams it really works for to make perfection.

Cowboys, Felix as HB and Barber as FB in Far Tight. Romo Throw On Run is monster
Chargers - Dual HB Sub in Far Tight (Rivers Throw on Run MONSTER)
Eagles - Dual HB Sub (McFag throw on run, amazing)
Giants.... i love them
Steelers... Dual HB (Ben throw on run is great)

This is the best teams to run with cause of QB's mainly and the HB's. Other Teams dont have the QB for high passing slats and what not. Its the best with this. Trust me.

Only teams it
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 09:10

great post
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 10:01

Far Tight Twins: PA Haggle, Don't do anything to adjust. Check off "B" or "O" down field. If he isn't open dump it to "Y" or Triangle. make sure you have your second HB in at FB or you won't gain much on the dump off. The Far and Near formations should always have two RB's in at all times to mix things up and keep the defense off balance. I know I have converted many people to the west coast because of how I destroyed them with this formation.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 10:07

Speaking of my many converts. I know have to play them in our online franchise and they are running my playbook. Any ideas on which defense to put in to stop my own plays? I haven't even thought about it.
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 10:55

Most probably already know this play, but:

Far Twins Tight - X Spot

I use it as a zone beater. Theres a few setups, depending who you want open.

Setup 1:
1. Streak O
2. Streak X

Its designed to get the quick curl open. The RB will take away anyone is a Flat zone, while the streak will for the hook zones move back a bit, leaving the underneath route.

Reads should be:

1. HB in Flats - will be open if theres nobody in the flats(duh) and is good for your quick option against the blitz
2. The WR or TE on the streak - Beats cover 2 beater - bullet inside/outside and switch to the WR/TE to make sure you get it
3. the "spot"/curl route - Should be left open if others are covered.

Setup 2:
Streak Square
Streak X
(OPTIONAL) Block L1

This is good against Cover 3/ Cover 2. Not sure if it will work against Cover 4. I like to Block the HB because normally there will be some sort of blitz because of the HB Toss/FB Dive combo from this formation.

Reads:
1. HB, if hes not blocking.
2. Either Streaks (again, Bullet to inside/outside and manual it)
3. Corner Route.

--
Im assuming most already know it because its basic, but its a good play to add to a scheme. I dont know how effective it can be against man coverage because i use the Giants, and the WRs arent that good.
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 11:36

Here's another:
Formation: Gun Spread Flex
Play: Flanker Dig
Setup:
1) Smart route the left outside receiver
2) Hot route the left slot receiver to an in route
3) Hot route the right slot receiver and right outside receiver to streaks

Reads: the left slot receiver is always open for medium gains and the left outside receiver is open 75% of the time. You just have to time it right
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 12:04

Hey Firecracker, I just finally started playing online.. right now, my record stands at 7-3.....I'm sure you'll look at that and be like wtf........but my avg opp. level, I'm not sure of, but you can add me as a friend and check my stats...I don't play bums and my record will show that.....the only reason I lost any games is because of fumbles, and some guys got fortunate enough to pick up the fumble and take it back. I'm still trying to figure out why my guys fumble so much....every fumble I coughed up wasn't from the hit stick or a strip...crazy huh??? I just got done torching this lvl 13 guy with a 39-5 record.....score was 31-14..he had the giants and of course I was rocking the raiders. I'm a level 2 player right now, and I think my average opp. level might be over 10....if it ain't its pretty close..if you want to add me as a friend my psn is thedon270....
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 12:13

And I also checked elisha's record out...props to you elisha cause you are BALLIN......I'm not the only one with a good scheme for the west coast playbook..holla at elisha too......the best way to run this playbook is to mix the run up with your passes..when you pass the ball, bunched receivers and them doing outside slants make your plays effective. And later on, I'll explain some of them to you guys....
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 13:15

THIS PB IS FIRE!!!

I've only been labbing it for 3 days and I already have schemes out of 3 formations and a semi-scheme out of another. I problem I had with the Carolina playbook is that even though I had 2 really nice shemes, I didn't have much more that I could run successfully so it was only a matter of time until my opponents figured out what I was trying to do. There's so much variety in the West Coast and if your opponent learns to shutdown one thing, you just hit them with another.

After more labbing, I'll add some of my findings.

Props to ElishaManning and TheDon270!!
Back to top Go down
GadisRKO
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-03, 13:52

I love this playbook, its money with the right team. before I began using it, I was 24-16, now Im 35-17 with my only loss being in overtime on a fumbled Punt Returned for a TD.

I have some money plays and affective schemes I run from here, And I'll post them once I have the time to. Best Offensive playbook for running and passing, hands down.
Back to top Go down
raidakaoz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-04, 21:51

I got this one play I dont remember the name, but is 2 wr on the left 1 on right a te right and rb behind the qb. I make all my wr go on fade route cept the on on far left , he goes up 5 yards comes back 2-3 yards catches ball ,smokes the corner and other guys down the field blocking you have 50/50 chance for a td with that 3 yard pass lol , u need fast guy like schilins or DHB
Back to top Go down
WildPat305
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty2009-09-04, 22:26

for the west coast schemes...is it necessary at least for elishas money is it necessary to keep running the no huddle??? i want to run the west coast playbook...but also im not sure if it has a lot of good running formations...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bring your west coast plays here..   bring your west coast plays here.. Empty

Back to top Go down

bring your west coast plays here..
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next