Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Whats the best pass defense you have found?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty2009-09-01, 11:48

I played a few people last night that ruined my 20 game win streak haha. Bastards :p

Anyway, they were running some crazy pass defense schemes that put insane heat on me and I never had an open receiver. It even covered the flats.... I believe they were all using the 1-5-5 defense. I tried running up the middle on it, and gained a total of around 5 yards? I normally use the 1-5-5 and 3-4, but never had this much success. Screen passes were even getting hit for losses.

So I guess... what are your fav pass defense plays in the 1-5-5?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty2009-09-01, 15:50

i have a question about this first. you couldn't run or pass at all? surely this defense had to have some weakness. slants didn't work? quick streaks didn't work? tosses didn't work?
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty2009-09-01, 16:49

I tried literally everything. I was being hit for 2 yard losses in the backfield when running, slants were being covered by the lbs, and deep routes werent open either. I did land one corner post route and one lucky throw to the TE that should have been picked. It was pretty crazy. I am sure it wasnt the same play over and over again. He had to be mixing in blitz with pass protection in the 1-5-5.

That is a great defense if you can master it.
Back to top Go down
mrcheez5
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty2009-09-01, 17:43

what playbook runs a 1-5-5?
Back to top Go down
DaddyxBooKouT
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty2009-09-01, 18:09

Where you using the falcons? Played a guy last night I was hitting him with some hard nanos.
Back to top Go down
DaBigBangTheory
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty2009-09-01, 21:37

brotha im ranked 96 on ps3 and ifeel ur pain itryed everything i got olbiterated everything that guy mentioned i tryed and more he was the riaders n ran man only thign that i gto to wrok was swing passes to my rbs but then hed user defense agaisnt my rb

how do u score on someone who knows how to really use the 1 - 5 - 5 most ppl i just run isos down there thtoat but agiasnt this guy stoped 4 2 yard lossses
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty2009-09-01, 23:16

first, the 1-5-5 is used a lot in the NYJ defensive playbook if you are looking for it. now, there is a counter to everything. i'm guessing that the guy varied up his play calling so it was hard to key on to how to beat one thing. my suggestion, lab against the 1-5-5 (probably best with the jets) and try to make the reads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best pass defense you have found?   Whats the best pass defense you have found? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best pass defense you have found?
Page 1 of 1