Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)

Go down 
+2
stan2k
XxGamerJunkiexX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
XxGamerJunkiexX
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-17

I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty
PostSubject: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-01, 08:38

I use the 46 defensive PB. I try to run man coverage and some games all i'll do is blitz. I'm in trouble when it comes to defense and knowing what plays to use. Like if it says the the bottom (2wr/1hb/2te) or something like that i'll be like crap um... 4 recievers and 1 hb? so like man coverage with extra defenders??? Could someone help me out with understanding when to use what plays. Like when to use man coverage / man zone / combo coverage / cover 2 / cover 3 / cover 4 / and i sort of understand when to blitz, but a refresher would be good. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-01, 08:57

man to be honest you really have to play to your opponent; no matter how realistic or unrealistic they play. Also you need to look at the situation and also the team they are playing with (alot I know). Is it a running team or a passing team? The down and distance to the first down. The formation they come out in tells you a little bit about what defense to play. I run alot of combo coverages where someone is blitzing as well as dropping back in coverage. I never play man defense, it is just terrible in Madden the past couple of years and I don't see that changing.

You should use Cover 2 to defend the flats but you leave the deep middle open. Cover 3 is quite effective unless u have someone who really knows what they are doing and will hit the post corner routes and Cover 4 I run went it is beyond 12-15 yards for the first down. It seems to me that everything has a weakness its just a matter of pressuring your opponent into a bad decision....

If you blitz all game all that is gonna do is make u alot of enemies! Hope any of this helps....
Back to top Go down
XxGamerJunkiexX
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-01, 09:06

cool thanks
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-01, 13:01

Good advice Stan, i'd also like to mention not to use the 4-6 on every down. Dime Flat Cover 2 is excellent for short routes and if your really obsessed with man coverage I would use 2 Man Under in the nickle or dime formation, if there going to the same side of the field don't be scared to flip your defensive play. also, in 2 man under I always hit R1 and the right stick up to make my middle linebacker stay in the middle of the field because alot of people like to pass to the middle and your LB will stray away from the middle if not. Hope my advice helps.
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-01, 13:08

I have noticed that too that alot of people pass the ball in the middle of the field. I'll pick coverages where the LB's drop back, but they drop back too far...
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-01, 14:06

try hitting R1 and down on left stick for ps3 or RB and down on xbox. It will make your LB's play closer to the LOS, And should stop those little short routes up the middle. If all else fails, user control your middle linebacker and spread out your LB's and cover the middle of the field yourself. Careful not to stray to far away from your zone.
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-01, 15:37

RB or R1 & down? I thought that was for the LB's to blitz?
Back to top Go down
Sir Funk
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-02, 00:25

after hitting R1 if you use the right stick it is for blitz but the left stick plays them in closer.
Back to top Go down
dankies
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-02, 14:54

I use the 4-3 D playbook. Mostly running 4-3 under....2 man under flipped(when they come out w/anything less than 3 wr's. Then i click triangle and up on the right thumbstick...triangle down on the d-pad.....L1 to shift the line to the weakside....and highlight cover the 2nd wr. then manually control the ss. works pretty good except for drags and middle ins.
Back to top Go down
clinton50
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty2009-09-03, 04:31

what is the easyest nano blitz to run?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)   I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?) Empty

Back to top Go down

I suck on defence.(Someone willing to answer my questions?)
Page 1 of 1