Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pass Defense with the Vikings...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hesstruk
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty
PostSubject: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-08-31, 22:01

Hey guys. I need some help with stopping the pass with the Vikings. According to the game (those little bars right before the game starts) the Vikings only have 1 bar for pass defense. I can't figure out how to stop the pass whether its the deep ball over the middle or a short pass. It's possible that I'm calling the wrong defensive plays, but I've been trying to mix up my blitzes and coverage. Any tips for calling defensive plays, or any money plays defensive plays to stop the pass in the defensive playbook you use. Thanks alot
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-08-31, 23:39

who do you control on defense. sometimes, i like to control a DE to get quicker pressure. when i'm blitzing, i like to take a guy who would normally blitz, give him a hook zone and user control him. just free roam around and cover up any open guys. you still have a blitz, so you can get a coverage sack or a pick. not 100% effective, but not bad either.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-08-31, 23:44

1. pick the right formation - match the number of DBs to the number of WRs.
example: he comes out with 3 WRs, you pick a play from the nickle formation.

2. mix up your play calling - zone, man, combo, man blitz, zone blitz.
example: if you call blitz every play, you are going to get burned.
Back to top Go down
hesstruk
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-09-01, 01:38

So what defensive playbook do you guys use? I've been messing around with the 46 and Multiple D.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-09-01, 01:55

I have seen many threads with questions like "which playbook is the best" and "what playbook should I use".

Well, the playbook that you choose should match your play style and the players that are on your team.

With a good scheme and lots of practice, you can win with any playbook.
Back to top Go down
hesstruk
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-09-01, 01:58

Yea I know. I'm not really asking which I should use, I'm just curious about what other people are using.
Back to top Go down
barttpwnz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-09-01, 02:09

i use the vikes and my d is so-so but i find it most effective to make sure you blitz enough people to get there if your blitz. and if your not gona go all out let that stacked front four take care of it by themselves and user cover the middle
Back to top Go down
joshyjosh00
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-09-02, 01:22

I use dallas offense and I stick with the MN defence book. The vikes defence is way better in zone than in man to man. Blitzing the QB is worthless in madden 10. So hard to get sacks. My favorite pass coverage play is nickel velcro 9 and I control the DE that is supposed to cover the flats.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty2009-09-02, 01:47

you must not use nanos to think it's hard to get sacks. if you nano blitz, it's unbelievably easy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pass Defense with the Vikings...   Pass Defense with the Vikings... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pass Defense with the Vikings...
Page 1 of 1