Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty
PostSubject: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 12:22

i was surfing the web on my phone today while i was in my management class and i saw that FINALLY old ass 36 yr old teddy bruschi is retiring today. i think he announced his retirement a few minutes ago if i remember. i cant take nothin away from the guy he was on the 3 superbowl winning teams and has over 600 career tackles made the pro bowl 1 time and not to menitons he came back to the game after suffering from a middle heart attack. UNFORTUNATELY, i dnt think he is a probowler with only like 631 tackles in his 13 yr career and only 1 probowl. i kno he has 3 superbowl rings that he started in all 3 games but his production on the field is not superbowl caliber in my eyes.

THOUGHTS?
Back to top Go down
YAOWAH
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 12:57

yea definitely not. there's an "it" factor that also helps put someone in the hall of fame, and he didn't have that. these guys out there now have 600+tackles and have been in the league for like 8 years.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 13:15

I posted this in the patriots thread last night.. He's not a hall of famer but don't be surprised to see #54 raised at gillette stadium some day.. Just cuz he wasn't a hall of famer doesn't mean the pats can't show their appriciation by retiring his #.. He did a lot of great things for the pats and I have a lot of memories that I will never forget... Sad day for all pats fans but it is the right time to give the defence to jarod mayo.. Guyton should be starting in bruschis spot this year.. Ill miss seeing bruschi out there even tho I do think this was the right time to retire.. Thanks for everything tedy!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 13:49

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and they had a good question. Would you rather have a Junior Seau(HOF) career or Teddy Bruschi career (3 Rings).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 14:02

that is an interesting question which is hard as hell to answer because its a judgement call for the people who actually play. now 100% of the players in the league say that its about the rings and not money which i think is tru. but at the same time rings shouldnt define your career. u have a player like seau who is top 5 linebackers in nfl history with no rings and that is not his fault. the organization didnt put the right pieces together to win a championships. the only position rings matter is the qb position in my eyes but at the same time haha dan marino is the best qb in my eyes BUT has no rings haha so its a question that only a player can answer and we can speculate but i would put my whole paycheck that over 50% of the players in the league would want to play for 13 and 17 years and be regarded as the best in they position while they are still playing. all rings mean is that u can retire a little early like tom brady is a 100% hall of famer if he hangs it up right now and so is roethlesburger, imo. but ima end by saying that its up to the players to answer that question.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 14:03

Damn that is a good question crunk.. I think I would take bruschi and this might be a little biased but bruschi made so many clutch plays over the years of our superbowl runs.. At the same time u wonder what seau woulda done had he been in bruschis shoes all these years... Still though bruschi had a nack for being in the right place at the right time so often, I would take him over seau..
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 18:44

i think that bruschi meant more to his team than ray lewis. he WAS the patriots for the past 13 seasons. he made those superbowl teams.he will be missed in new england, and the nfl. thank you bruschi for the 13 wonderful years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 19:02

i dnt kno if i would take bruschi over seau but bruschi was the smartest lb on the field week in and week out and that helped em get over the physical attributes he lacked suchas quickness and speed. i dnt think the pats need him this year but i seriously doubt they would have 3 rings without him.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 19:04

Bill belichick was asked to sum up his thoughts on bruschi in 5 seconds and he said brushci was the perfect player.. Huge words coming from the best coach right now and probably one of the best all time when his career is all over.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty2009-08-31, 19:11

yea, like i said he made those 3 superbowl teams. i would take bruschi over seau just for pure smartness. he was the field general on the field and on the sidelines. he presented himself the way a player should present himself. he had NO OFF-FEILD issues his entire career. so yea, he defined how nfl players should conduct themselves leave it all at home and bring your a-game everyday to practice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!   BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

BRUSCHI RETIRES!!!!
Page 1 of 1