Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

JOHN MADDEN RETIRES

Go down 
+3
D_Cash
BOSTN BEANER
bigbuddah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty
PostSubject: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 16:03

john madden retires after 30 years of broadcasting and having the best win percentage as a head coach out of anyone who has atleast 100 mins. a superbowl champion coach goes out on top of them all calling his last game which was this past superbowl Pittsburgh Steelers vs Phoenix Cardinals.

YOUR THOUGHTS:
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 16:56

i really hated listening to Madden call football games.. he just pointed out the obvious all the time... but theres no doubt that he left a mark on football in so many ways more then most... HOF coach, HOF announcer, best video game ever... as much as i didnt like listening to him because im older and dont want to hear the obvious he was great at explaining the basics for young kids who would be watching and without him there to point out the obvious theres no one else who can help kids learn the game from the ground up by watching a game on tv anymore.. that sucks for the younger kids but Madden had a great run, hes 73 years old im sure he did it a lot longer then he planned when he first started..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 17:42

John Madden is my favorite annoucer, BOSTN I know what your talking about when he points out the ovbiuos stuff but he explains each and everything he talks about in depth for everyone to understand. I remember when I was younger I used to announce the Minnesota Vikings game and try to be like John Madden, he is an AMAZING announcer. A HALL OF FAME Coach and will be missed dearly by me and many others!
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 17:52

Time for him to go. The last 3 seasons I hated to listen to him, but will always be remembered.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 17:54

wow! i must admit that i didn't see this one coming at all. but...i really enjoyed listening to John Madden break down games, players and plays. HOF coach, HOF announcer and having a video game that has not only swept the nation but now....is actually played for cash named after you....MADDEN....is not bad at all!
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 21:22

D_Cash wrote:
John Madden is my favorite annoucer, BOSTN I know what your talking about when he points out the ovbiuos stuff but he explains each and everything he talks about in depth for everyone to understand. I remember when I was younger I used to announce the Minnesota Vikings game and try to be like John Madden, he is an AMAZING announcer. A HALL OF FAME Coach and will be missed dearly by me and many others!

Haha I used to announce the tigers/cubs and pistons and michigan state games too. And I would imitate the players when I was like 5.

But anyways, back on topic, I always kind of liked John Madden's announcing. Because even though he said the obvious, he at least sounded damn good doing it. And he wasn't one of those people who try to talk complex about the game and then they end up saying really stupid s*** (like the dumb lady who does the noon time slot on ABC college football games, she trys to talk like she knows the game and she sounds dumb cause she really has no idea what she's talking about).

But does anybody else sense...

AL MICHAELS NFL FOOTBALL 2010

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 22:01

I think if they ever think about changing the name if should just go to NFL 2011 or something like that. Just drop the Madden. Eventually its gotta happen cuz the dude aint gettin any older and if its still called Madden when he passes I would think that would be time to drop Madden from the title. Im sure someone has thought about this at EA. Maybe at the end of his contract that EA owns the rights to use his name or something.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 22:07

nah they wouldn't drop it when he died, they'd keep it as kind of a pay homage type thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty2009-04-16, 22:20

i dunno, we will see. Ive thought about that too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JOHN MADDEN RETIRES   JOHN MADDEN RETIRES Empty

Back to top Go down

JOHN MADDEN RETIRES
Page 1 of 1