Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH

Go down 
+5
NewbieX2
ClutchZilla
OakKyd
EggzOverEazy
halljam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
halljam
New MS Member
New MS Member
halljam

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-08-10

THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty
PostSubject: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 06:20

First off the most important thing in the RC is your receivers height and catch in traffic. For most of my RC i use Ramses Barden or Kevin Boss.

The easiest rocket catch to do is the fade route.

The most important part of the RC is the throw, in the past madden you were suppose to throw a bullet pass and press down and to the left if throwing to X, and down and to the right if throwing to b. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE IN MADDEN 10.

STEP 1. Send WR on a fade.
STEP 2. Throw a precision bullet pass. This is done by holding down the LT and pressing WR icon..
STEP3. Click onto WR and press down and towards the inside of the field. Meaning if your throwing to X you would press down and to the right on the d-pad (basically diagonally in) WITH THE CATCH BUTTON (Y). If your throwing to B down and to the left.

THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH RCdpad
^^^ The RED is for where to press once your on (B) WR to get RC animation.

^^^ The BLUE is for where to press once your on X WR to get RC animation.

This works best against Man, Cover 3 (without the Purple Zone) & 4

Cover 3 (without Purple Zone)- Wait for WR to clear the flat zone then throw the ball. Most of the time you dont even have to RC. The ball will get there before FS or SS can close in. Make sure your QB is good and your WR route running is decent sometimes if rushed the pass will be very close to going out of bounds.

Man- I usually wait to see if my WR gets bumped before i throw the ball.

Cover 4- Same as man wait until bump is done and WR is going down sideline before you execute your RC.

The best strategy to use is RC in the first couple quarters, let your opponent know you have it in your arsenal then he will be forced to use purple zones which open up the middle of the field. When using purple zones there will be only one LB to cover the middle this opens up TE and RB Curls. If opponent plays F@G D, then simple run the ball from Shotgun (HB Direct) or run screens (especially RB screen with QB rolling to opposite side of field).

Practice makes perfect. Every QB in the game Precision pass differently, it very hard to throw this type of RC ball with bad QBs. So make sure you know your QB throwing style before you attempt this in ranked games.

Last edited by halljam on 2009-08-31, 03:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
halljam
New MS Member
New MS Member
halljam

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 06:38

Video will be posted soon. It will be Cellular phone quality sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 10:14

hey dont worry about the quality, this is good info, well written up and all that. the user catch is a crucial skill, so people are always lookin for RC tips. thanks for taking the time to post this.

and i totally agree, the fade is the easiest to RC, but its still harder to actually complete than last year.
Back to top Go down
OakKyd
New MS Member
New MS Member
OakKyd

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 11:22

Curl route is unstoppable with a tall WR, i run that in the red zone with calvin, fitz,Andre and ocho cinco. Then run towards the ball, shoulders squared up looking at the qb and hit Y and catch it at his Highest point
Back to top Go down
ClutchZilla
New MS Member
New MS Member
ClutchZilla

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 13:33

hey dumb ass. Lt is going out ona update. u dumb ass lmao. n one listen to this kid. enless u wanna rc for maybe a week or two or when ever the next roster update is cuz its going out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/hollander7129
NewbieX2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 13:40

ClutchZilla wrote:
hey dumb ass. Lt is going out ona update. u dumb ass lmao. n one listen to this kid. enless u wanna rc for maybe a week or two or when ever the next roster update is cuz its going out.

Source of this information?

At any rate, this is good to know and will definitely help, even if it is for "a week or two". Good topic, man.
Back to top Go down
ClutchZilla
New MS Member
New MS Member
ClutchZilla

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 13:42

deffinatly. not if your gunna be inconcistant about it. lt isnt concistant like it was last year.

but good"post"
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 14:37

ClutchZilla wrote:

I very highly doubt it. Why else who it be in there for at least 2 years in a row?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 15:58

na dude that is not how u RC.... im a nasty RCer and trust me that is not how u do it JMO but usin the directional pad? i dont kno how the hell u do that.... but do wat u gotta do
o yea dont u just love ramses? lol HE A BEASTTTTT
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 16:00

ClutchZilla wrote:
im prob one of the best RCers in madden 10 but i only do it like maybe 3-4 times a game some times none because i like playin wit out it and by the way i would be glad if they took it out.... but i doubt it happens
Back to top Go down
ClutchZilla
New MS Member
New MS Member
ClutchZilla

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 16:29

dude thye are takin it out look around on fourms. thats why i rc with out lt so easy. madden 10 is easy to rc again this year for me
Back to top Go down
halljam
New MS Member
New MS Member
halljam

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 20:27

ClutchZilla wrote:

There is no way they are taking out the precision pass. Its not even widely used. When i say LT i dont mean it when you click on to the WR, i mean hold LT when your throwing it is the precision pass button, its a more direct pass. I mostly use it when someone is in zone its very hard to pic off because you can aim it very low, low enough so a lb cant pic it in cover 3 or 2.
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 21:11

so on ps3 u hold L2 and press the reciever icon? do u need to use the stik to guide it or no, thx.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty2009-08-30, 22:23

You dont have to push the catch button or anything? Just back to the middle?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH   THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH Empty

Back to top Go down

THIS IS HOW YOU ROCKET CATCH
Page 1 of 1