Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to use Adrian Peterson?

Go down 
+10
Spice_Rack101
Cisco Almighty
eFresh
EccentricMeat
SiCkOnDaStiCk
TravisLG
jsmall28
allday28
Hawksown14
sowskillz
14 posters
AuthorMessage
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty
PostSubject: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 18:04

Ok so I have a problem that I have had consistently in madden, my running game is obsolete I cannot run at all and it kills me because I use Adrian Peterson.. I can pass all day.. but when I go to run I get stuffed just about on every play. I've tried it all, Counters, Stretches, dives, tried moving FB's to the side I'm running, tried not hitting turbo until I hit a hole, tried slide protection with my blockers moving them to the side I'm running.. and I still get negative yards.. does anybody have any advice? or a play that you guys think I should use? I also would like to make percy harvin a running back and have no clue how.. I heard someone say to switch packages but I don't see any package to where I can make a WR and HB.. any help would be most appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Hawksown14
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 18:15

Try the wildcat.
Back to top Go down
allday28
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 18:18

You might have tried this, but I like to use blunt dives and have 2 wr's on the right and 1 wr to the side I'm running. I also like to make the line block the side I'm going to like you said. I have learned that you don't want to motion too much, as the opponent will then realize that is why your running. Mix in play actions with your run game and you will be fine. To me, the turbo thing doesn't matter. I just hold turbo right away and I do fine. Now, the only way to put Harvin at running back (I haven't tried this myself) would be to change the package with the right stick on whatever formation you are running out of. You might have to use a wildcat formation, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 18:24

allday28 wrote:
You might have tried this, but I like to use blunt dives and have 2 wr's on the right and 1 wr to the side I'm running. I also like to make the line block the side I'm going to like you said. I have learned that you don't want to motion too much, as the opponent will then realize that is why your running. Mix in play actions with your run game and you will be fine. To me, the turbo thing doesn't matter. I just hold turbo right away and I do fine. Now, the only way to put Harvin at running back (I haven't tried this myself) would be to change the package with the right stick on whatever formation you are running out of. You might have to use a wildcat formation, but I'm not sure.
thanks... I don't know if I've tried the "blunt dive" yet.. what formation do you run in usually? and what playbook do you use? I have used Tennessee's Atlantas, Run Strong, Run Balanced, and no luck lol I will try what you said though.
Back to top Go down
allday28
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 18:42

sowskillz wrote:
allday28 wrote:
thanks... I don't know if I've tried the "blunt dive" yet.. what formation do you run in usually? and what playbook do you use? I have used Tennessee's Atlantas, Run Strong, Run Balanced, and no luck lol I will try what you said though.

I'm pretty sure that blunt dives are in most playbooks, but I use the Minnesota playbook and it works fine for me (might try something new). All you do is go to play type>run>inside handoff>look for the blunt dive. I really run in all kinds of formations, and couldn't really tell you what one I run in most. I obviously run 66% of the time to Hutchinson's/McKinnie's side, and their run blocking is both at or around 99. After the opponent is playing heavily on that side, try hb misdirections or runs in general to the other side (Loadholts).
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 19:19

ok I tried it and got stuffed everytime at the LOS.. wish it was as easy to run as it is to pass on madden..
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 19:49

try the carolina playbook. i find the formation full house very effective (i have never gotten negative yards out of that formation). also, the west coast playbook has two formations call near and far, which i personally like a lot.
Back to top Go down
TravisLG
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 20:14

I like to run off tackle, counters, and dives with ap. works good for me with certain teams, been able to break huge runs and then against good teams ive been stuffed alot, i know i can use some tips too, i thought i used to be good but now playing other people online i think i start to suck. i need to work on alot of things
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 20:59

got a play i would like to share for all you AP fans.. I been working on finding one.. Singleback ace twins to the left side of the O line, and use the stretch 60% of the time will be a 10 yard gain hope this works for you guys and also, I form tightin the line and use dives when they start to get you with the stretches, when all else fails do play action hope this helps..
Back to top Go down
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SiCkOnDaStiCk

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 23:13

read your blocks..dont hike and rush to hold RT see where the holes open up first.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 23:27

toss plays also work suprisingly cuz they never use to work.. put 2 wr's on one side and do a toss i always get plus yardage.. just had 3 consecutive 100 yard games.. lol answered my own question... and oh yeah.. west coast playbook is beast if you using the vikes.. still wish i knew how to put percy harvin as a RB tho people say to switch packages but ive tried it doesnt work your receivers never show up as a RB if someone knows how to do it plz tell me how.
Back to top Go down
EccentricMeat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-27, 23:47

What you need to do is, when you hike the ball, don't be looking at your RB. Look at your opponents LBs and your O line. Looking at the linebackers can tell you where you may have room to run, and looking at the O line will tell you where the hole has opened up. Reading your blocks is the key. Also, I like to set my line to "aggressive". This seems to help gain positive yards.

Come out and pass in run formations, which will make your opponent respect the pass. Then, run an off tackle play (Power O works wonders) and motion WRs and TEs/FBs. Also use motion on passing plays so your opponent can't key in on whether you are running or not. Try motions that make it possible to hut the ball once the player in motion is in front of the hole you are going towards. This helps with blocking and can lead to big gains.

The number one rule... Don't always try to break it to the outside right away. Only go to the outside when you have a clear lane, if you do not then utilize your blocking and keep it inside.
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-28, 00:01

You need to set your plays up better it sounds like, you are probably making your running situation very readable to the defense. You want to mix it up a lot and come out in different formations for both running and passing.
Back to top Go down
Cisco Almighty
New MS Member
New MS Member
Cisco Almighty

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Run Forest Run   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-28, 12:03

I like to run tosses to the outside i think the formation is strong and i dont have a back near AP all i got it fred from NE and i can pick up about 20 yards a try. I like to run the same play over and over till i see the defense adjust then hit with the play action with moss down field.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-28, 15:48

Cisco Almighty wrote:
I like to run tosses to the outside i think the formation is strong and i dont have a back near AP all i got it fred from NE and i can pick up about 20 yards a try. I like to run the same play over and over till i see the defense adjust then hit with the play action with moss down field.
im sure tom brady and randy moss also helps set up your running game a little bit lol
Back to top Go down
EccentricMeat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-29, 00:17

One of the keys is to use the formation you want to run out of (like strong or I form) and pass out of them. Use play action without running before hand and strictly pass. Once the defense expects the pass, and seeing as you've used PA before, they will most likely prepare for play action and you can THEN hit them up for good runs.

Best way to do this is pick a run from the formation you want. When you get to the line and you can see that the run won't work (2 or more LBs in the box) formation audible to a PA or pass play. Keep doing this until you see the opportunity to run and then light them up.
Back to top Go down
Spice_Rack101
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Spice_Rack101

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-29, 00:35

If your gonna use AP whatever you do hold on to that RB/R1 button, that kid fumbles way to much, if your gonna get tackled hold RB/R1, if your near the sideline go out of bounds. When using AP RB/R1 can be your best friend.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-29, 17:25

Spice_Rack101 wrote:
If your gonna use AP whatever you do hold on to that RB/R1 button, that kid fumbles way to much, if your gonna get tackled hold RB/R1, if your near the sideline go out of bounds. When using AP RB/R1 can be your best friend.
yes i have definitely figured that out i average about a fumble a game.. one time he fumbled 3 times and brett favre fumbled once AND my FB fumbled i had 5 turnovers and only lost by 3 lol
Back to top Go down
ihaveadream-mlk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
ihaveadream-mlk

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-29, 19:34

I will lab with you cause I use the Vikings alot.

PSN : Ihaveadream-MLK
Back to top Go down
http://www.howardjacksonstudio.com
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-29, 20:32

Cisco Almighty wrote:

the best players out there don't average 20 yards a carry, I know for a fact you don't either.

20 yards a carry would mean you average probably 400 yards rushing a game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
x__FOLEY__x
New MS Member
New MS Member
x__FOLEY__x

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-08-31, 15:43

You can get Percy at HB if you go 5 wide, then audible to a running play.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-09-01, 14:00

x__FOLEY__x wrote:
You can get Percy at HB if you go 5 wide, then audible to a running play.
I'll try that so far nothing has worked though.
Back to top Go down
SDSirwin
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty2009-09-01, 14:46

use the one on the vikings not on the bears
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use Adrian Peterson?   How to use Adrian Peterson? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to use Adrian Peterson?
Page 1 of 1