Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stopping the screen pass...any success??

Go down 
+3
brazil
jsmall28
redsox416
7 posters
AuthorMessage
redsox416
New MS Member
New MS Member
redsox416

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty
PostSubject: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-26, 18:45

I just got waxed by this kid who threw a screen pass on every play, either WR or HB screen every time. I tried everything and couldn't stop him, especially since this year the tackle success rate is about one out of three. Did man, did zone, did blitz...argh...about to pack a bowl and hit the lab...
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-26, 18:49

that's defiinitely what you should do, lab! you need to figure out what works for you, not every gameplan is universal. i think press coverage helps stops screens, as does cover 3. also, DE contain can help, or manually bringing a guy over.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-26, 19:14

Pick a zone play with flats coverage and hot route the defensive end to also cover the flat.

You can also try using the spot light feature.

Note: Most times the opponent will run screens to the wide side of the field.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-26, 19:16

use QB contain.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-26, 19:24

Try manual control of the DE. Shed blocks with the right thumbstick.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-26, 19:25

EggzOverEazy wrote:
use QB contain.

I didn't think of that, good idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-26, 23:48

pick a man double coverage for a wr screen and control your de to stop a rb screen
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-08-28, 13:38

I sometime blitz the cb to the side that I know the screen is coming. I get INT's or the play is broken or the qb looks for another option. Then i also remember the off formation 2hb 1wr 2te...etc.
Back to top Go down
joshyjosh00
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty2009-09-02, 01:26

I put my D-ends in contain, select cover 2 where my cb is in the flats and I control the safety to the side i think the screen is going. Sure they're going to break maybe one tackle but I can get enough guys to make sure the gain is less than 4 yards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the screen pass...any success??   Stopping the screen pass...any success?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stopping the screen pass...any success??
Page 1 of 1