Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

stopping the screen pass..

Go down 
+6
mw344
craigwoo
slim203
ohboi13
W A V Y D R E
neng1982
10 posters
AuthorMessage
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

stopping the screen pass.. Empty
PostSubject: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-18, 12:53

I hate it when people run the screen pass and I can't stop it so I will sometimes put both DE's in QB contain or flat zone. Sometimes if I know what side the screen is coming, I will be that DE and just roam around that area. I get lucky sometimes and sometimes cause a bat down and maybe even get a pick (int's always feel great!)

What are your strategies to stopping the screen pass? Just curious to hear people's opinions...
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-18, 12:58

man up... de contain... or user it
Back to top Go down
ohboi13
New MS Member
New MS Member
ohboi13

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-19, 02:57

man i feel u jo man i hate dudes using dat weak screen evertime specifically wit AP in there's no man u better kiss it goodbye
Back to top Go down
slim203
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
slim203

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-19, 03:19

yea i hate the bullshit ass play to
Back to top Go down
craigwoo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-19, 07:54

I usually control the DE, and if you see the screen happening there usually slow enough that you don't even have to sprint over to stop it. Especially the slower developing ones. You can just move your DE over and there and either intercept it, or tackle them.

The key I think is not to sprint over there, when you do this you end up running right by the guy and your not in control. GO into practice mode, and have the computer run it and you will see. My friend runs screens with AP, so I've practiced alot against the RB ones, and I have another friend who runs the WR screens with Hester and Knox all the time, and this has worked for both
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-19, 10:14

3-4 Cover 3 press. Flip it.
Back to top Go down
shahyafi85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: 4-6 in Multiple D to stop screen   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-21, 11:55

Run a 4-6, Cover 3. Press the CB's and fan out the LB's closer to their flat zones (in 4-6 only one Backer will cover the flat depending on the side you choose). Put MLB in a QB spy or hook zone depending on, if you feel he might go deep or dump to TE on the screen play as an option. Control the DE on the side of the screen, (Usually the side of the faster HB or FB). Usually swat pass, hard hit for 5-8 yard loss or incomplete pass due to congestion. Works for me, even with AP. Couldn't figure out Chris Johnson though (way to fast and agile).

70-40
Lvl 8
NYG all the way.
Back to top Go down
slim203
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
slim203

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-21, 12:10

well i use the pitt play book
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-21, 12:33

man coverage works putting DE's in contain works well also specially if your ends have high awareness
Back to top Go down
shahyafi85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-21, 14:55

Slim, since you use the Pitt playbook, try running the 1-5-5 blitz packages (maybe the SS blitz)because your backers are very good and sub in Aaron Smith as your Nose Tackle. Move around Harrison or Farrior (manually of course) to the outside and put spy (contain). Move your extra cb's closer to the line and shoot through with Troy and follow AP or Hover near the screen. Maybe press the CB's if you feel he might pass, so you might sack him before he gets the pass off. I tried this a couple of times, worked, but not sure how affective and consistent it is, try it and let me know.
Back to top Go down
ygfamous
New MS Member
New MS Member
ygfamous

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-21, 14:58

best way to stop AP is to put up points on the other man and fore him to throw down the field man
Back to top Go down
dwarefan94
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty2009-10-22, 10:05

run ANYTHING with SOMEONE on your defense going to the flats.. anyone will work just get someones ass out to the flats and you should be fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stopping the screen pass..   stopping the screen pass.. Empty

Back to top Go down

stopping the screen pass..
Page 1 of 1