Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

what position do you use???

Go down 
+13
pkismyname
Nemco
tuki94
Fudopi is That Dude
AsTrOz o
godfather12404
dukefn92
Cyfore
rockywrist989
Hormel
Crunk
dirty-mullet
moss81
17 posters
AuthorMessage
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

what position do you use??? Empty
PostSubject: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-15, 13:29

what position do u control on defense???? and which do u think is the best?

i usually control the mlb to stop the throws over the middle.
Back to top Go down
dirty-mullet
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
dirty-mullet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-15, 13:55

95% of the time I will use the RE (I will sub whatever DE is better to the RE or a fast LB), for a few reasons.

-You can't screw up pass coverage too bad using a defensive lineman.
-By using the RE you go against the teams RT, which is usually not as good as the LT at blocking
-You don't have to blitz as much because you can get pressure using the DE, so what you lose in user picks you can make up for in coverage int's
- Helps against tosses, sweeps and the QB roll outs to the right side (nearly all the roll outs, sweeps and even runs are defaulted to run to the right side,unless you flip the play)
-Most people are right handed, therefore most people feel more comfortable running to the right side, just the way humans are (I know there are some right handed people that like running to the left, there are always exceptions)
-Against screens you can use your DE to help defend it
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-15, 14:15

I use the Safety to cover deep post routes or any other cover 3/4 beaters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-15, 14:28

I move around to much, but I would say the place I am at the most would prolly be an outside linebacker
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-15, 19:53

DE's or Linebacker
Back to top Go down
Cyfore
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 18:25

usually safety. if the throw alot of screens or roll out alot i use the DE's. and to mix up my coverage a little bit i'll use a random LB here and there. deception is the key.
Back to top Go down
dukefn92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
dukefn92

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 18:27

I use middle linemen in 3-4 to stop the run and still get a lot of sacks
Back to top Go down
godfather12404
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 21:34

i use a safety if my opp. keeps goin deep on me, but i usually control the mlb if they dont. that way i can try to jump one of the gaps on runs, and cover the deep middle on passes.
Back to top Go down
AsTrOz o
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
AsTrOz o

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 21:43

ya i agree wit mullet he made good points if you are a mediocre player ud want to control the end cuz it really just prevents any user mistakes not sayin mullet is mediocre Rolling Eyes but it is a more consistent defense without any user mistakes for just a decent player.. if your a beast then go for the safety
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 21:52

I use either the DT or DE...

my reasons:
- The margin for error is really small, how would you **** up running straight after a QB
- If you want a pick I switch once the ball is thrown so that my corner is already in decent position, so I don't have to worry about being good at defensive back
- Easier to stop screens
- It's easy to get sacks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 22:09

mlb, safety takes to muck concentration and i lik to roam all over da field and dat leads to big plays
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 22:10

sry to double post but does anybody or has anybody tried CB
Back to top Go down
Nemco
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 22:24

which ever saftey is on the wr#2 side. I like to creep in and keep an eye on the run while also covering the middle.
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 22:26

Depends on situation and play.

I use a DE, LB, or Safety.
Which is basically everything lol
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 22:46

I play a position not many ppl play. I play SS outta 46, and my 46 users kno that's the guy on the flat. controlling him gives me more options whether to blitz or to drop back and guard the flats or corner route. containing the other side helps
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-16, 23:31

I play the 3-4 and I play as whoever is playing in the flats because I can cover the flats if anybody's going there and if not I can manually cover the weak spots with that guy or blitz if I want to.
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-17, 00:47

MLB or FS.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
pman92
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty2009-01-17, 22:02

I use either that safety or a linebacker. With all the deep posts that can beat zone the only safe thing you can do is play as the safety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what position do you use???   what position do you use??? Empty

Back to top Go down

what position do you use???
Page 1 of 1