Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

best way to utilize the run

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

best way to utilize the run Empty
PostSubject: best way to utilize the run   best way to utilize the run Empty2009-08-25, 11:45

Ive been using the chargers and use the run & gun pb. I have no problems with passing because i have some money plays and some decent plays that put points on the board for me. I'm not having trouble winning this way but i would like to incorporate LT's running abilities more into my strategy. But the problem is everytime i run the ball i only pick up 2-3 yards most of the time.
Does any have any good running tips or good running plays i could use?
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: best way to utilize the run   best way to utilize the run Empty2009-08-25, 12:17

most of the difficulty with running comes when you don't follow the blockers right. a lot of people turbo once their HB gets the ball and immediately try to cut to the outside. follow the blocks and know that every running play doesn't have to go for a first down. if you see a lane to the outside, go for it! but don't try it everytime, because you will not get much. and just know, 3-4 yard gains can be all you need.
Back to top Go down
EccentricMeat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: best way to utilize the run   best way to utilize the run Empty2009-08-25, 21:10

A good running play I like to use is the Power O run in the Strong formation. Shift the linemen to "aggressive" or have them slide in the direction you are running. I got two 80 yard TD's with LT online (in one game) with this play. Watch the blocking, and I usually cut upfield in between the tackle and TE, or your FB makes a good block and you can go straight to the outside.

Also, try the plays in the I formation that the WR gets put in motion (green route on the play call menu) and again shift the line in the direction you are running. These tend to work well.

To perfect these plays, go into practice mode and use them against different defensive formations/plays. See what shifts should be made based on the formation of the D and make sure to throw in some play action online from these formations.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: best way to utilize the run   best way to utilize the run Empty2009-08-25, 21:15

Best running plays this year are tosses and power o plays.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
arusso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: best way to utilize the run   best way to utilize the run Empty2009-08-25, 21:36

the key to running the ball is to lay off the sprint. look for the hole, run into it, then when you hit the hole and find a bit of daylight then sprint. its also key to follow your blockers. if you run past them then they arent really much help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best way to utilize the run   best way to utilize the run Empty

Back to top Go down

best way to utilize the run
Page 1 of 1