Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Steelers overrated

Go down 
+6
NFLASH
Mister_JP
moss81
VontaeD24
carlo874
Aillah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 09:32

I am really displeased with how the steelers has come out.
They are a really good defence, the best many would say. and Yet their offence is rated 89 aswell as their def. I was just like wtf... Steelers offence is not at all on pair with their def, and there alot of other teams that are alot better than steelers but in the franchise there is like 2 ?

Also steelers almost always end up in the super bowl. They seem to have gotten a tad too much credit for winning the Super B, not to talk about big bens rating. Probably the most laughable QB rating to a guy that just doesnt put up the stats IRL.

Whats your say?
Back to top Go down
carlo874
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 09:38

i guess you could say some parts of their offense are a little over rated....but what is EA supposed to do, lower the players on the team that won the superbowl?
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 09:42

Well their defence was Nr 1. but their offence isnt, so kinda weird that they should be equal messured. And I really couldnt care less if they won the super B 3 times in a row, still want the correct rating Wink
Back to top Go down
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 09:46

I know big ben is NOT a good qb.Yes he has freakish ability to not get sacked and scramble for nice pass gain but he never throws for more than 18tds (One year he had 32tds).I don't think he deserves a rating higher than an 82 at most,maybe it's because I do fantasy football and he NEVER scores points for my team but he really isn't a good qb.
Back to top Go down
http://AskMadden24@gmail.com
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 09:48

VontaeD24 wrote:
I know big ben is NOT a good qb.Yes he has freakish ability to not get sacked and scramble for nice pass gain but he never throws for more than 18tds (One year he had 32tds).I don't think he deserves a rating higher than an 82 at most,maybe it's because I do fantasy football and he NEVER scores points for my team but he really isn't a good qb.

Word
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:10

if stats really mattered that much then why would brady have been in the high 90's a couple years ago when he only threw 20 td's a year?? winning matters more than stats do, so they prolly take that into account
Back to top Go down
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:11

true true
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:22

moss81 wrote:
if stats really mattered that much then why would brady have been in the high 90's a couple years ago when he only threw 20 td's a year?? winning matters more than stats do, so they prolly take that into account

That was a pretty lame arguement. Everyone on the steelers team were winniers, so everyone should just be rated high ?
I dont know why they rated Brady high back then, probably because he was a good passer despite low TD's.

Steelers defence have won games for them. The fact that he is able to pull off a TD in the last Quarter is good, but the credit should go to the defence for not allowing more points.

Big ben warms the ball too much, thats gonna give him some beutiful scrambles and big gain throws, but dont forget how many sacks he took. And yes I am aware of the OL problems early in the year.
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:34

i think the RAVENS are reallyyyy under rated and troy palumalu is not as good as ed reed so im going to say troy p should be a 97 or 98 overall
p.s. big ben is a hell of alot better than mcnabbs over rated self
Back to top Go down
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:38

WHATTT your crazy bro Mcnabb is 100times better than that fool.Mcnabb has no WR and is making plays he TOOK them to the playoffs last year.Ben was TAKEN by his team.Mcnabb doenst deserve like a 95 (idk his rating) but like 88 or 89 is good D Nabb is a great qb big ben is unconventional and reckless
Back to top Go down
NFLASH
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:40

so stats are the only thing you would take into consideration for ratings ?

they do not go hand in hand
Back to top Go down
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:42

WHY WOULDNT THAT INFLUENCE RATINGS! individual stats for individual ratings!
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:43

VontaeD24 wrote:
WHATTT your crazy bro Mcnabb is 100times better than that fool.Mcnabb has no WR and is making plays he TOOK them to the playoffs last year.Ben was TAKEN by his team.Mcnabb doenst deserve like a 95 (idk his rating) but like 88 or 89 is good D Nabb is a great qb big ben is unconventional and reckless

mcnabb may be better than big ben in the regular season but when it comes to the playoffs big ben plays big when it counts the most.

mcnabb vs the pats in the super bowl he threw 3 picks.
mcnabb this last year vs the cars in the playoffs missed like 5 wide open guys.
kevin curtis roney brown and desean jackson are some pretty solid wrs imo. brady won a super bowl with less.
Back to top Go down
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 10:46

deion branch went OFF for brady.yes I can see that ben puts up when it counts but he is inconsistant Mcnabb is good for 220 yards every game with an average wr core
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 11:20

NFLASH wrote:

lol yes.
Stats Equals performance, performance equals rating. The only thing stats doesnt show is if you have a good reciver chain or not. But how els would you suggest arranging rating? Since it takes more than 1 person to win games you cant say wins equals rating
Back to top Go down
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 11:22

Aillah wrote:
NFLASH wrote:

lol yes.
Stats Equals performance, performance equals rating. The only thing stats doesnt show is if you have a good reciver chain or not. But how els would you suggest arranging rating? Since it takes more than 1 person to win games you cant say wins equals rating

exactlyyyy
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 11:24

Big ben has had some questionable plays called in favor for him. Etc the TD vs the cowboys last season, I think it was holmes who caught the ball with feet inside the endzone and reaching out on the field catching a ball. Got ruled a TD.

Also the scramble TD in his first super bowl, I was just amazed that a ref could be so blind, since he is downed nearly a yard out of the endzone and then reaches in with his arm.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-25, 15:34

look, stats are NOT the only thing that goes into rating a player. they are a main ingredient, but you guys have to think here. big ben doesn't put up huge stats because he doesn't have to. his main job is to keep the game in check, kind of like joe flacco. when there are defenses like that, you can put up 18 TDs and get to the playoffs. the point is, you can't say the steelers are overrated because they won the superbowl. if you do that, you are going to be one of the best teams because you are one of the favorites to do it again. EA couldn't have given the steelers an 82 offensive rating and couldn't have made roethisberger an 85 because he won the superbowl. the defense won it too, it's the whole team, not the individual player who matters. the steelers offense goes together well and they know their job, score 21 and watch what the defense will do. that is why they are rated so highly, they go out and do their job, nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-26, 08:01

Okay im really tired of this. Please use your head. Stats is 80% of the rating. I dont care if you win all the games you ever play, if your completion rating is 12-45 you shouldnt be a high rated QB, EVEN if you win. Cause like I said it is 11 players on the field, everyone contribute with something and Big Ben is NOT the biggest asset for Steelers.

Its very logic so cut the BS really.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-26, 11:45

it's not BS. i don't care what you think you know, stats are not really that important. you can say "individual stats for individual ratings", but it doesn't go that way. i agree that roethlisberger might be a little overrated for the steelers, but really, EA couldn't underrate him after the drive he lead to win the superbowl. if he was rated an 83, steelers fans (and most football fans everywhere) would lose their minds. is it really that big of a deal if big ben is a little overrated? he has two superbowl rings, so i don't think it's a huge injustice.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-26, 12:20

Aillah wrote:
I am really displeased with how the steelers has come out.
They are a really good defence, the best many would say. and Yet their offence is rated 89 aswell as their def. I was just like wtf... Steelers offence is not at all on pair with their def, and there alot of other teams that are alot better than steelers but in the franchise there is like 2 ?

Also steelers almost always end up in the super bowl. They seem to have gotten a tad too much credit for winning the Super B, not to talk about big bens rating. Probably the most laughable QB rating to a guy that just doesnt put up the stats IRL.

Whats your say?

i believe the steelers are overrated...they offensive line really sucks now that ive noticed it and their secondary except for polamolu is terrible...i kinda think they defense is underrated caus of how they play but madden really individualized them so that is wat makes them a terrible secondary but they front 7 i think is top 5 in the game. the steelers offense is actually good with heath and heinz for possession and holmes altho not blinding speed anymore still has the kind of speed to do somethin electric but i cant use them because of they offensive line mostly and they secondary. they was my team in 09 along with the eagles and cards but i was looking forward to the steelers this year but i can not use them.
Back to top Go down
NeverDefeated
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-26, 22:07

idk i think there a great team and good talent but i think they got polamalu speed way to high i know his ability to read the play early are really good but hes not that fast in real life like he is in the game they got him being able to catch really fast back all the way down the field i understand in the backfield but from the other side of the field and your going left on a toss and he thinks and bites on the right side and still can catch you i don't get that hes not the fast
Back to top Go down
wtsutton
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty2009-08-28, 09:38

It is kind of hard comparing Ben and McNabb based solely off NFL stats because they play in two entirely different offensive systems. McNabb's offense is centered around him. Andy Reid has him throwing WAY more in the red zone that what the Steelers ever would with Bruce Airian's calling the plays. Of course, McNabb is going to have better NFL stats because of that.

Not to mention Westbrook is such a playmaker in the passing game and McNabb benefits from that statistically. The Steelers rarely throw the ball to their running backs other than Mwelede Moore.

They are two entirely different types of quarterbacks and I would be happy with either or them if I was a wide out in the NFL.

As far as Reed and Troy...again...they are used differently. Reed is far better at being a ball hawk. Troy is more athletic and is better at stuffing the run and gets a boost because Dick LeBeau uses him in so many different ways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steelers overrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers overrated   Steelers overrated Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers overrated
Page 1 of 1