Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?

Go down 
+15
B-__-R-__-B
Swag Escobar
CapnCrunch
beerbuzz
CJDAWGG14
beeman999
Madden's Finest 200
c4jun
leke2cool
Crunk
Ant1010 I Play Wii
Next
PeytonMvPManning
Modrewgnu
EggzOverEazy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty
PostSubject: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-23, 23:51

What do you think people should focus on more?
What do you think people should focus on less?

I think blocking schemes are underrated. people rarely make adjustments to their blocking when theyre getting blitzed a lot. just setting an RB and a TE to block can sometimes make a HUGE difference in protection, and thats a key element to moving the ball.

I also think people don't read the defense enough. People spend too much time figuring out "money" plays, when in reality, no play will work every time. the more important thing to learn is how to read a defense so you know when to call what type of play.

as far as overrated... i think people need to lay off of user catching. yes, user catching can be a crucial weapon to have, but a lot of people like to force a user catch and end up wasting a down or giving up an interception. i dont have a problem with user catching, but i think its hilarious when people throw a bad pass and think theyre gonna come down with it everytime cuz theyre usering.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-23, 23:55

I feel like for as much time as people spend finding nano's and good blitzes, no one spends any time figuring out how to slow them down. Everyones solution is just to block a running back or 2, when a lot of time you dont need to do that. So i think finding nanos is wa overrated and pass protection is underrated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-23, 23:58

i think EVERYONE including myself sometimes overrates speed on this game. Speed doesnt mean everything trust me. Reggie Wayne can be just as good as Randy Moss if u know how to use him correctly. I think that 3-4 player blitzes are underrated. It seems like every time i play some1 there eithering nanoing me or playing fag d. Even when they blitz 3-4 players they have more success cause nanos and fag d are to easy to beat

Last edited by PeytonMvPManning on 2010-02-24, 00:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-23, 23:59

oh, yeah Mod......... NANOs!!!! super overrated.

nanos are great for beating the dog s*** out of a bummy player. but what do you do when you play someone who can work around your nanos???? you get worked cuz you don\'t know any good coverage... AND a lot of people just keep running the nano like theyre crossing their fingers its gonna help next time.

and MVP, im with ya. especially on man blitzes... really just man coverage in general. i know people think man coverage is a joke, but i think its just cuz people dont know when to use it. if you use it all game, yeah you\'ll get burned, but if you dont ever use it... youll probably get burned!

Last edited by EggzOverEazy on 2010-02-24, 00:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Next
New MS Member
New MS Member
Next

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 00:00

I think people should focus on fight for the fumble. it can be crucial
I think that defense is overated.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 00:02

ThaNextOne wrote:

So you are suggesting that we all work more on our button tapping speed instead of our defense? lol
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 00:04

Modrewgnu wrote:
So you are suggesting that we all work more on our button tapping speed instead of our defense? lol

im labbing it right now.
Back to top Go down
Next
New MS Member
New MS Member
Next

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 00:13

yeah...thats what i suggest you can thank me later Wink
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 00:15

ThaNextOne wrote:
yeah...thats what i suggest you can thank me later Wink

I can see how button mashing is underrated because it can be very crucial and often times can decide the outcome of a gmae, but there is no good way to practice it. Defense, on the other hand, is pretty easy to practice and you can always get better at it.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 00:18

ThaNextOne wrote:

lmao
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 00:33

Offense is overrated... FLATS, Flats, and more flatS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 17:16

Ant1010 wrote:
ThaNextOne wrote:

lmao
what the guys is saying is true. i rarely lost the fight for the fumble and it makes alot of difference because i use da bears i get a lot of fumble. i learn how to get the fumble after i force them. dont lmao off cause it is really inportant.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 18:39

EggzOverEazy wrote:
What do you think people should focus on more?
What do you think people should focus on less?

I think blocking schemes are underrated. people rarely make adjustments to their blocking when theyre getting blitzed a lot. just setting an RB and a TE to block can sometimes make a HUGE difference in protection, and thats a key element to moving the ball.

I also think people don't read the defense enough. People spend too much time figuring out "money" plays, when in reality, no play will work every time. the more important thing to learn is how to read a defense so you know when to call what type of play.

as far as overrated... i think people need to lay off of user catching. yes, user catching can be a crucial weapon to have, but a lot of people like to force a user catch and end up wasting a down or giving up an interception. i dont have a problem with user catching, but i think its hilarious when people throw a bad pass and think theyre gonna come down with it everytime cuz theyre usering.

Good post man. With the blocking schemes I can see where people wouldn't block there RB, but damn if someone keeps using nanos you have to change. The other day a kept blitzing a guy and in the 1st half I had like 5 sacks. The 2nd half I had none you know why? He started using his RB to block. I still won the game but it took this guy a while to figure it out. I think he learned a valuable lesson. Its the really small things in Madden you can do that is the difference between a win and a loss.

Last edited by c4jun on 2010-02-24, 18:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
Next
New MS Member
New MS Member
Next

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 18:40

yeah. that a boy leke. i was kind of kiding actually. but yeah ant shut up. i know defense isnt overated i just didnt know what to say.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 19:53

Nanos are far too overated.
Outside heat is underated.
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 21:09

i think people focus a bit to much on the offense and not enough on defense. id rather play a person wit h a good offfense then one with a good defense. People think good D is about nanos and fag D but d is really about getin consistent pressure with coverage. and the real thing is knowin when to call plays. you dont want to call a nano on third and one cuz they can just burn you with a quick pass. and i know some peopel like calling fag d on long third down but i wood rather bring a nice blitz because if u run fag d they can find someone open downfield because of broken coverage but if you blitz they prolly have a long developing play and you will sack them or force a bad pass
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 22:35

Corners are over and underrated. 57 rated CB's with 95 speed can play like all stars, while some of the best CB's can get burned by low rated WR's cause of speed, so I guess speed would also be overrated.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
beerbuzz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
beerbuzz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-24, 22:45

i agree alot on alot of lvls here speed is what i expect then all of sudden i cant tackel this guy with 4 guys on him cus i didnt hit the button at the right time so for me its button hitting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/verminfire
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-25, 00:12

The 4 default audibles for every formation are underated. The ones on the bottom of the audible screen that say , Run, PA Pass, Quick Pass, and Pass (I think).

I like or dislike some formations based on these audibles, sure I have my programmed audibles, but I also always practice the defaults. That way when you read the defense, you can make a quick change if you see a weakness. Plus it gives you more options.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-25, 06:05

Gang tackle breaking.... is overated it was a awesome new feature that got us excitied like EA does every year... but now its gay as ****...its really just a free run play and guys like AP trigger it alot

Underated = using special moves yourself in general.....a juke can turn a short run looooooooooooooooooooooooong
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-25, 11:36

yeah i think people get a lil too carried away with the RC, i see guys try and RC with a guy that has my CB beat and has at least 8 to 10 yards seperation but when he tries to RC and it doesnt trigger the right animation my CB cathes up and picks it, if he had just thrown a regular ball and let the CPU grab it he would had 6 now i got the ball. you dont need to rocket everyting guys, it is okay to throw a normal pass every now and again.
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-25, 14:12

The gang tackle is so unrealistic its pathetic. I mean how often does any1 break a 5 man tackle?Not very often., but maddens motto if we see it on sundays we'll see it on madden. cough* BS*cough
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-25, 19:38

i think the gang tackles are realistic the thing that isnt realistic is how often its triggered.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-25, 20:41

Overrated: Offtackle. OK, it's a good run. But c'mon, if you can't use anything else, you're not a good runner and you should stick to passing. Using multiple runs that attack the middle and the outside is wayyyy better.
Underrated: Throwing motion. I don't find it very important for myself, but a quick throwing motion can avoid many sacks and ease the course to perfect timing between your QB and WR.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty2010-02-25, 21:34

Sun wrote:
Overrated: Offtackle. OK, it's a good run. But c'mon, if you can't use anything else, you're not a good runner and you should stick to passing. Using multiple runs that attack the middle and the outside is wayyyy better.
Underrated: Throwing motion. I don't find it very important for myself, but a quick throwing motion can avoid many sacks and ease the course to perfect timing between your QB and WR.

ya and even when you stop there off tackle they still insist on doing it cuz thats all they know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?   Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Underrated/Overrated Aspects to Madden?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next