Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Problems with stopping pass across middle

Go down 
+5
ReNoWn X
KODOUBLE24
CJDAWGG14
brazil
crenshaw9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
crenshaw9
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty
PostSubject: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-08-24, 02:44

when playing certain teams i cant seem to stop the pass across the middle. i am the dolphins. i use NYJ deff playbook. any help. just tryin to better up my D game
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-08-24, 03:32

To defend passes over the short middle, I like to drop all of my LBs in hook zones, by pressing R1, then up on the right thumbstick. I will also hot route a lineman to QB spy to defend against drag routes. I do this by clicking on the lineman and then press X, and then press left on the right thumbstick.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-08-28, 18:53

Here is a breakdown of the NYJ PB if this helps some.
http://forum.madden-school.com/madden-defensive-strategy-f91/calvin-and-hobbes-guide-to-the-new-york-jets-defensive-playbook-t7638.htm

This year zone isn't like it was last year, but you can still run cover 3 to where it stops the pass over the middle. If you hot route the guys who are in the hook zones back into hook zones you can move them back, and that hook zone will move back too. You can do the same thing for the safety playing deep middle.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-08-28, 19:50

I use cover 3 and zones to middle button when not in cover 3,I like changing up my defense look,but picking a simalr play and having him think im doing sonin different, and pretending im gonna blitz, theres a button for that 2.I like playing zone with the 3-4 defense because just because you got more wide outs then i got cbs dont get it twisted my lbackers are head hunters and when you think everythings all good my boys are gonna make a pick and thats when im looking for the endzone

StarStruck Graphics
Back to top Go down
ReNoWn X
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-09-01, 11:49

yea i need help stoppin fags who just pass to their TE's on out right/left routes
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-09-01, 12:57

Well, if there a team that only passes up the middle and hardly runs and you know it's going to be a pass I'd go with the Dollar Cover 2 that play is a beast against middle routes, also tuff on screen passes as well..
Back to top Go down
USMC7212
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
USMC7212

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-09-01, 15:41

Bump and run and practice lurking in the middle with your LB.
Back to top Go down
ReNoWn X
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-09-02, 16:28

wat is the whole bump and run thing i dont reaaly understand tht
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-09-02, 22:32

ReNoWn X wrote:
wat is the whole bump and run thing i dont reaaly understand tht
bump n run is when you hit triangle and down or y and down depending on if u got xbox or ps3 i wouldnt recommend it unless your blitzing though, i'd do delayed bump n run if its necessary all you gotta do to do that is come out in a zone, play bump n run coverage, then switch your play to man coverage and viola its a delayed bump n run =]
Back to top Go down
ldogray52
New MS Member
New MS Member
ldogray52

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-09-06, 13:26

What exactly is the advantage of a delayed bump n run? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty2009-09-06, 14:49

try to manually cover with a Dlinemen in a passing situation .. in other cases i would play cover 2,, cover 2 is very hard to pass against this year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with stopping pass across middle   Problems with stopping pass across middle Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with stopping pass across middle
Page 1 of 1