Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

stopping chris Johnson

Go down 
+12
EAGLE_hENz
G L O R Y Y
Mcnair2Wycheck
iG3NoCiiDE x
HellRellWMU
Crunk
ktizzle21
psufan5
bigblue723
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE
jsmall28
moss81
16 posters
AuthorMessage
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

stopping chris Johnson Empty
PostSubject: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-23, 18:01

whenever i play the titans i always get run all over. their may be 1 play where i stop for no yards, then i will run the same play and all of a sudden he breaks a 20 yard run. its either hit or miss with me against him. any tips on how to stop him???
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-23, 18:48

well, i would use a 4-6 base defense, or maybe even a 4-4. from their, it's all prediction. if you notice a certain set up that is continually the same play, blitz people to that side when you see it. also, don't try to hit stick, that can lead to missed tackles. just run right into him
Back to top Go down
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-23, 19:15

I have the same problem... i suggest using one of ur safety and when you see run come down and hope he doesn't miss the tackle
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-23, 20:03

i even ran engage it and blitzed one of my safety's cuz i knew he would run and i still couldnt stop him.
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-23, 23:41

Get a hand on him, he doesn't break many tackles b/c he's all speed. So user your players, take a good angle.. wait him out to make a juke or spin then truck the bejesus out of him.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 00:05

3-4 is good against him. If you feel he is going to run, make sure you gap blitz and bring a LB from the outside.
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 10:36

Chris Johnson is SOOOOOOOOO easy 2 stop. I use the Pittsburgh Steelers and the San Diego Chargers. wat i do is i dnt worry about nanoing against the titans on first and second down. i will pick OLB blitz out of 3-4 solid where both OLB are blitzing. i put the one on the strong side of the formation in a contain, and reblitz the other one and put him on the de's hip. everyone who plays wit him does the same thing. they will run until straight until their blockers engage and then hit the corner. this is a man d so bring the safety(usually polamalu or weddle depending on who i play wit) down in2 the box as the 8th defender. the other safety is in a deep blue zone by default so i user him just in case of playaction. if its a playaction one of my OLB will get the sack. if its a run i flow 2 the sideline 2 force johnson back inside where he meets casey hampton or jamal williams. he will not be able to truck these monsters and in the unlikely event that he does the 2 OLB will have penetrated by then and he will get gang tackled. i have never allowed more than 40 rushing yards defending Chris Johnson. I can shut nebdy's run down wit ease. My goal is 2 get em in a passing situation then im comin wit a nasty nano coupled wit a manual turbo blitz and its lights out.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 11:13

"I use the Pittsburgh Steelers and the San Diego Chargers."

Ever try using a mediocre team? Its a little more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 11:16

If someone uses the Titans versus me, I go with a good rush defense (Patriots mostly).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 11:23

I use the Ravens as my main team. I give up around 14 points a game or less, unless my QB decides to throw pick sixes. I havent had a problem stopping the run with them at all. I did a little modding to the defensive line (put suggs at DE and Johnson on the other end). The backup LBs arent as highly rated but suggs is rated a 99 at DE, and the backup linebackers all have speeds near 86+. With lewis in the middle, it really gives the defense a lot of speed. Not to mention the one corner Washington is a 98 speed, so he can cover anyone.
Back to top Go down
HellRellWMU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HellRellWMU

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 12:05

man seriously....when ppl use tenn....thats the ONLY person they use...

and madden lets the s*** happen...no fatigue...no fumbling.....

he's just a 100 stamina speed demon...s*** is rediculous
Back to top Go down
iG3NoCiiDE x
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 13:00

i use 4-6 normal gap blitz, spread the D line, pinch the LB's and contain the DE's works like a charm.....Or if hes getting to the outside too quick i use nickel 1-5-5 DT Blitz and contain the two OLB's....
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-24, 13:01

i've used the titans a couple times, i didn't even think chris johnson was all that good. i get why people love him, because of his 99 speed. but that alone doesn't make him a great player. i'd rather have jacobs.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-25, 00:27

^^^ Johnson is good when used appropriately. I split carries between Johnson and White.
Back to top Go down
G L O R Y Y
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-25, 01:34

so gay him and AP are the worst, i can get AP to fumble alot usualy though. But CJ is rediculous i was 24-2 now iam 28-5 cause of those 2 guys alone. I cant figure it out.
Back to top Go down
EAGLE_hENz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
EAGLE_hENz

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-25, 04:06

ktizzle21 wrote:
Chris Johnson is SOOOOOOOOO easy 2 stop. I use the Pittsburgh Steelers and the San Diego Chargers. wat i do is i dnt worry about nanoing against the titans on first and second down. i will pick OLB blitz out of 3-4 solid where both OLB are blitzing. i put the one on the strong side of the formation in a contain, and reblitz the other one and put him on the de's hip. everyone who plays wit him does the same thing. they will run until straight until their blockers engage and then hit the corner. this is a man d so bring the safety(usually polamalu or weddle depending on who i play wit) down in2 the box as the 8th defender. the other safety is in a deep blue zone by default so i user him just in case of playaction. if its a playaction one of my OLB will get the sack. if its a run i flow 2 the sideline 2 force johnson back inside where he meets casey hampton or jamal williams. he will not be able to truck these monsters and in the unlikely event that he does the 2 OLB will have penetrated by then and he will get gang tackled. i have never allowed more than 40 rushing yards defending Chris Johnson. I can shut nebdy's run down wit ease. My goal is 2 get em in a passing situation then im comin wit a nasty nano coupled wit a manual turbo blitz and its lights out.

hey bro i think i can get more then 40yards rush wit the titans against so if ur keen to play then hola i love it when i piss on peoples remarks hahahahaha make them feel stupid
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-25, 10:05

PPL its not that hard defending Chris Johnson. if u cant defend him that means ur not very good at madden. hes all speed!!!!! WOWWWWW THATS SO HARD 2 STOP!!!!!!! I won a recent madden 2010 tourney where i played him twice and once out of the wildcat. HE DIDNT EVEN GET 30 YDS against me and i had the OAKLAND RAIDERS!!!!!!!!! Hey PSUFan5 is that a mediocre enough team 4 u??????? the raiders are all speed and no awareness if u cancel out nmadi asomugha. Its all abt ur scheme and stick skills when it comes to stopping dynamic players from the opposing team. and im proud to say i have one hell of a run stopping scheme as well as sum sick ass nano blitzes. whoever plays against me better be ready to pass cuz they sure as hell aint runnin it and thats a promise.
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-25, 10:15

Henz29r i dnt knw who u play madden wit but if i can stop guys like secret and truth from running the ball i can stop u. u WILL NOT have more than 40 yards against me(unless u decide 2 use some cheesy ass exploit like qb walk glitch) at which point ill glitch u the entire game. so if thats wat ur alluding 2 ur in 4 a world of hurt. i will play fair until u start using exploits. but seriously i will shut chris johnson down the rest of this madden season. his only yardage against me will be if sumbdy decides 2 use him as a wideout and run the screen wit him. and even then ill see that comin 4rm a mile away.
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-28, 13:52

This is some good info....thanks
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-28, 15:34

i just played the titans and it does seem un fair i mean s*** all the guy did is use chris johnson as a wideout, matched up with my LB's his speed ate them alive all game.. he used vince young and scrambled out the pocket I tried to contain him but then he would just run for even bigger yardage.. if only the titans where that good in real life they would've won the super bowl.. people will always find certain plays that work and exploit them it's very frustrating at times but oh well they put it in the game.. but if anyone thinks they can stop chris johnson from gaining yards i'd like to know how because against me and 90% of other people he is merely unstoppable..
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-28, 16:38

there is no way to stop chris johnson. the guy has 99 speed, so you won't be able to stop him the whole game. the only thing you can do is contain him. let him get his yards, but not his TDs. this might not make sense, but this is how you will beat him. don't take too many risks on defense, eventually, your opponent will make a mistake. if you just try to contain chris johnson, the titans aren't that hard (if that is the only guy they are using).
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-08-28, 22:14

jsmall28 wrote:
there is no way to stop chris johnson. the guy has 99 speed, so you won't be able to stop him the whole game. the only thing you can do is contain him. let him get his yards, but not his TDs. this might not make sense, but this is how you will beat him. don't take too many risks on defense, eventually, your opponent will make a mistake. if you just try to contain chris johnson, the titans aren't that hard (if that is the only guy they are using).
PPL CHRIS JOHNSON IS AN AVERAGE BACK!!!!!!!! HE'S NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! he cant run well between the tackles and i will shut him down neday of the week!!!!!!!! nebdy who thinks they can get more than 50 yds against me is out of their minds!!!!!!! hes all speed and thats it. i use the raiders and wats one person wit 99 spd when u have a defense wit 4 players 95+spd???? i user control alot so im not worried abt him outrunning me at all.
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-09-01, 19:57

iG3NoCiiDE x wrote:
i use 4-6 normal gap blitz, spread the D line, pinch the LB's and contain the DE's works like a charm.....Or if hes getting to the outside too quick i use nickel 1-5-5 DT Blitz and contain the two OLB's....

damn most useful tip ive read on here

its
AMAZING.... i played a guy yesterday who used Tennesse and I couldn't
stop CJ AT ALL inthe 1st half but aftern I came on to read this CJ had
6 carries for -13 yds in the 2nd half... it's great because it stops
the pitch to either side so you don't get burned for guessing the wrong
side.

It's also great for stopping inside runs and has a great
pass rush that usually gets to the QB before the WR's can get off the
bump.

Overall: BEAST PLAY
Back to top Go down
DaBigBangTheory
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty2009-09-01, 20:40

i use the bear defense and jus spread ur lb and ur line n he tries to run down the middle my lbs always fill but i laso user my dt and follow the guards

46 bear otusdies blitz
46 bear zone read
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stopping chris Johnson   stopping chris Johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

stopping chris Johnson
Page 1 of 1