Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Need help running with chris johnson

Go down 
+13
ItalianMafia
portis2694
hhh1
Vaughnilla619
doozie821
B-__-R-__-B
Wasted
R3V 1T UP
Skane3
iAMmadden2010
Th3 Ac3r
crackajack
JGAGNON10
17 posters
AuthorMessage
JGAGNON10
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Need help running with chris johnson Empty
PostSubject: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-12, 14:31

i know the title is odd but lately i haven't been having luk and been getting stuffed a lot especially on tosses and on things like power or anything like that i don't seem to have enough space to get many yards....CAN ANYONE HELP!!....i also use det playbook
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-12, 14:52

the thing is when u use the titans ppl expect run so if the play run u success isnt going to be as good......what i like to do is do some pa passes and som roll out with vy b4 i try to run to sofin up thier run d so i can get some good yrds......i do this when i use running teams cuz ppl dont expect that at first.. and if you can pass they have to respect it so running is eazier...ps dont give up on the run if they stop it a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-12, 17:27

haha never thought id hear this..listen to cracka
Back to top Go down
iAMmadden2010
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-12, 18:43

i guess there is a first time for everything!!!!!!..................LOL Need help running with chris johnson 63444
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-12, 19:53

having trouble runnin with CJ lol??? damn but do sum screen,passes den run.. Run Young if u have to
Back to top Go down
R3V 1T UP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
R3V 1T UP

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-13, 10:48

CJ is a off tackle runner meaning run to the outside. Once he gets pass the line of scrimmage buckle your seats belts because he is moving. If I run inside the tackles most of the time I would bounce it outside. But stretch plays should be good for him because he has speed to hit the outside and cut back in if you see the lane.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xxbigmacxx52
JGAGNON10
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-13, 11:17

ok and also i was wondering maybe im causing the problem myself because i also run to the outside with him but when i do i always make the blocking slide to that side causing rushers to get in with ease.....how do you guys use your slide protection?
Back to top Go down
Wasted
New MS Member
New MS Member
Wasted

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-13, 11:44

i usually use agressive slide on tosses/sweeps and such,
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-13, 12:04

Wasted wrote:
i usually use agressive slide on tosses/sweeps and such,

i also use aggressive. just works for me. lol
Back to top Go down
doozie821
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-15, 01:11

never thought i'd see a thread like this......
Back to top Go down
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-15, 03:24

Aggression works on the tosses. Oh and make sure to be patient and read your blocks, don't just hold down turbo right when you get the ball. CJ deffinetly breaks less tackles then DA, AP, and MJD.
Back to top Go down
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-15, 03:31

My bad, DA is DeAngelo Williams
Back to top Go down
hhh1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-19, 03:26

Use playaction passes so they have to play the pass too.
Back to top Go down
portis2694
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-19, 23:45

i do lots of slip screens, and i run the wildcat offence, then use tosses if u mix the 3 up consistantly u can keep em guessing and when there guessing u will certaintly get a big play with CJ
Back to top Go down
ItalianMafia
New MS Member
New MS Member
ItalianMafia

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-19, 23:55

Basically any outside runs. Don't mash turbo until your blockers get set on those tosses. Many people are always guilty of that. You don't get that much of a benefit (usually none) if you always hold turbo. Stretches, tosses, off-tackle, etc. I don't do much inside running with a HB with 99 SPD.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.maddenholics.com/
portis2694
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-19, 23:58

TH3 AC3R lets play sometime
Back to top Go down
hoshdude7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-20, 00:25

If you got an xbox and a mic, send me a friend request. My GT Is hoshdude7, I run the Detroit playbook, and can run for 100-120 yards with Addai. And Ill show you a bunch of my favorite plays.
Back to top Go down
GeT6orDieTrYiN-
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-20, 01:53

ive never had success with CJ.. personally i think hes too fast lol... i dont like players that take short strides like Sproles and CJ, they just seem to be wayy to fast and outrun the blocks, i like guys like AP and Calvin Johnson who have great speed but have long strides... idk y, just play better with them
Back to top Go down
Sir Edward of Bananas
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sir Edward of Bananas

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-20, 02:11

You gotta use use CJs speed to your advantage, I know I'll get alot of flack for saying this, but use off tackle to your advantage. Also know when to use your line protection, when they stack the middle of the line protect down, when they spread, protect out. Works for me....
Back to top Go down
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty2010-01-21, 00:51

hell run in circles its not like anyone's gonna catch this mothafucka... lol mix it up some PA, regular passes, even some runs up the middle that's how i get most of my long runs with CJ the other guy's containing or somethin stupid and i just bust one right up the gut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help running with chris johnson   Need help running with chris johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help running with chris johnson
Page 1 of 1