Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Desperate to stop the pass- Help!

Go down 
+4
GanchatizMeCptn
coltsfan801
jaymay15
psufan5
8 posters
AuthorMessage
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty
PostSubject: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 08:24

I need to take a step back from this game because im about ready to throw it out the window. As you can tell from some of my posts, I am severely frustrated with the pass defense - lack there of.

Ive tried every type of coverage known to man... Had as many DBs on the field as possible, and receivers still run wide open. On the flip side, I have also tried to blitz and run man defense, cover 2, etc... Tried with good defensive lines, great secondaries... Same result.

I am really at a loss to this point. Some people claim they play great pass defense, but I havent seen it. My offense is not an issue for me, because I pass with great ease also. Only time I have an issue is when my QB decides to throw a pass thats just not even in the ballpark.

So any help would be greatly appreciated! Main issues are basically RBs coming uncovered out of the backfield, WRs getting a slant and taking it to the house untouched (speed guys)...

Hell any help would be appreciated. If I could get to the QB once in a while, maybe it would help but I get no pressure Sad I played with carolina last night and peppers had 2 tackles...
Back to top Go down
jaymay15
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 10:00

I am having the same problem. Not against other people, online or friends, but against the CPU on All-Madden. It is really pissing me off. Every single pass is caught for 20+ yards. And since I counteract that by adding more coverage, then they run it up the gut for 10 yards everytime.

Seriously, I realize I suck, but I honestly do not know what mistake I am making to even get better.
Back to top Go down
coltsfan801
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 14:16

From my experience, stoping the pass is very easy. If you learn to press and swat with the L1 button or even strafe on a deep ball, the game is essential very easy. I think the problem is you havn't taken the time to devepo any of these skills and want them to come naturally, and they wont. go do virtual trainer and do corner back drills, im telling you they work. and go through what your defenders are better at, zone or man. there are ratings like that in the game if you didn't know.
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 14:21

Virtual trainer works playa! I've never been good at CB skillz or LB skillz until i worked on them in the trainer. try it out and see how much better you become,

once you can effectively control an LB and over the middle of the field its real easy to stop the pass
Back to top Go down
jaymay15
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 14:34

I will definetely look into it, thanks guys. I need the practice for sure. I hope it helps me be able to beat the cpu more effectively. I know its something the rest in our online franchise league wont do, so it should be another leg up I have on them.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 14:54

yeah, definitely use the virtual trainer. also, when you blitz, try to overload a side. that's basically what nanos do, overload something so that the blockers don't have time to get over. aas for the running backs, i say manually cover them. or assign a man a zone in the flat.
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 14:55

Pass defence has changed alot (for me at least) from 09. I used to play SS but the new ''Improved QB IQ'' wont get me as many pick as before. So I basicly changed to user controll of MLB and worked on some blitz packages.

That has really helped me so far. It was kinda the same way in madden 09, if you dont pressure the QB is likely to find a way to get it off, only that they are way better at it in 2010.

Work on some blitz's, you are gonna give up some big plays every now and then, but usualy the QB has 70yards to cover and if you get one sack or force a bad throw the drive can end right there Smile
Back to top Go down
jetscjc2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 17:35

I'm having problems covering the pass too cuz in 09 i just did cover 3 every play and used a fast DE to run around the tackle and pressure the QB and got picks like crazy. Now the middle of the field is always open, rather than impossible to throw to like in 09. I am trying to get better covering skills using the mlb but until then i use the play "under smoke" from the quarter defense. When you come out of the huddle pinch the d line and put the db's in press. Control one of the blitzing db's and send him right over the center. Usually either the db or the mlb gets through because you have 5 defenders blitzing right up the middle.
With the edition of the altered throw when the QB is hit, you get a lot more picks from blitzing rather than sitting back in a zone.

this play does let up a lot of big plays if the other player gets rid of the ball at the right time, so to combat that, go into cover three and do the same pre-play adjustment to make it look like you are coming again. If he tries to throw the ball quick into the zone you should get a pick. I use PIT defensive playbook btw, but i think these plays are in pretty much all playbooks.

and 1 more tip is that i found user picks are harder to come by in this game. I would recommend letting the computer take care of the intercepting and the you use the swat button with a user controlled player
Back to top Go down
Nayskin
New MS Member
New MS Member
Nayskin

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty2009-08-20, 22:08

Nice tip.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperate to stop the pass- Help!   Desperate to stop the pass- Help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Desperate to stop the pass- Help!
Page 1 of 1